IT.COM

Pokemon is a trademark

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
By now, we must all have tried or atleast heard of the viral game Pokemon Go.

Whenever there is something viral or trending, it seems that people register a ton of domain names to try and capitalize on the trend or participate in it in a unique way.

As with other trends, it seems that people are trying to capitalize on it by registering domain names with the word “Pokemon” or other related terms that are likely trademarks of Nintendo. Here’s a tip if you’re thinking about doing it: stop! Registering obvious trademark domain names can be pretty dumb and potentially costly.

Here are just a handful of Pokemon .com domain names that have been registered very recently:

• Pokemon-Go-Social.com
  • PokemonDate.com
  • PokemonGoConference.com
  • ChinaPokemonGo.com
  • PokemonGoCatchIt.com

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Smart post and thanks for the tip:)

•••
Silly domainers ....... time to learn

•••
But don't a lot of domains with Pokemon keyword already exist from the earlier games?
I had the same line of thought, but it's such a big game it would be hard to be noticed or challenged over it.
Pokemon-Age.com sold for 1k on Sedo in 2008 and PokemonOnline.org for 900$.

•••
•••
Better to be off of Pokemon.

•••
Pokemon GO is so stupid.

It may be (although I think it's not), but it marks the first time a global audience uses so fiercely the AR. Its effects will last.

•••
•••
It's funny and laughable sure. But people are actually leaving their homes and walking miles and miles over a game. Wouldn't you wish to have such profitable fitness app? It's a really big effect

•••
•••
It's funny and laughable sure. But people are actually leaving their homes and walking miles and miles over a game. Wouldn't you wish to have such profitable fitness app? It's a really big effect

Its not all good though. It increased criminality in some cities because group of robbers can now predict were people are going to go and ambush them.

•••
•••
It's a good game been playing Pokemon games since I was a kid (now I'm 18) .

•••
Yeah, this can be a dangerous game...

That is registering Pokemon domain names.. Guess playing the game is to from what I'm reading.. Guy fell of a cliff in California chasing the poke..

As far as registering Pokemon domains you can search the udrp database to see if any Pokemon cases have been filed over the years to see what the history is that would give you an idea of the likelyhood of what to expect...

But even if you don't find any cases filed doesn't mean you should do it..

Just looking over the years there have been hundreds if not thousands of poke domains registered..

Probably right know the one with the biggest traffic is pokmongo.com and it is parked.. Someone taking a big chance but a lot of people don't seem to care..

•••
•••
Being a trademark won't stop some domain investors from registering the domain names. Some people will always take the risk.

•••
I have seen many registering and i even ask few of hem they told me they know it is trademark but still registering , lets hope they keep the name, but people who going to loose are the next buyer who going to pay big amount by thinking to buy from this first time registrant who will quickly flip before pokemon even reach to them.

In near future there will be many more games like this going to come up for sure as right now this game is big hit and i feel it is game changer for whole gaming industry which was just focused in your tv set or bedroom, but this is new trend and lets see it will last forever.

•••
I just replied to a post that a NP member posted about registering TM typo domains and stealing traffic to make money. Some people want to take the risk so let them take it. Some people won't change so let them learn it the hard way.

•••
Pokemon domains are selling on Flippa as we speak

•••

NOT when they ring the emergency services and ask for help. For real. Can people be so stupid.:-o

•••
It's a good game been playing Pokemon games since I was a kid (now I'm 18) .
You have been playin Pokemon since you were a kid, and still playing at 18.kid :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back