IT.COM

question Plural or singular?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
I found *****tokens.com domain for handreg, the singular form *****token.com is already registered but not for enduser, it belongs to domainer.

My question: in this case, wich one is better singular or plural?
*****token.com
*****tokens.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I registered HybridJeep.com on 31/12/2019 and thinking of taking HybridJeeps.com later and having read this thread, and just tried to check the name; I found out that someone has taken it on 21 January, 2020.
Just Imagine ?

What I do to select is that I go by the one estibot gives highest rating. Example:
HybridJeep.com rated $1500
HybridJeeps.com rated $120

Can you see that?

Last edited:
•••
I found *****tokens.com domain for handreg, the singular form *****token.com is already registered but not for enduser, it belongs to domainer.

My question: in this case, wich one is better singular or plural?
*****token.com
*****tokens.com
Sorry, but why do people put vague posts like this and expect us to speculate on the value of each? First of all, if you handreg a "tokens" domain, it is probably worthless. All the good ones are taken. Second of all, nobody can say what they even think either domain is worth, let alone what is worth more, without knowing the domains.

•••
Plurals are often underrated, sometimes trading at a discount or overlooked by speculators.

For all its limitations, Estibot does a not horrible job of comparing singular and plural, often valuing the plural above the singular, e.g. Token.com ($168K) vs. Tokens.com ($513K) or Single.com ($458K) vs. Singles.com ($598K).

Specific to your Token-related project, for me, it comes down to use-case. If you are planning a site where users can find out about multiple cryptos, the plural is not a compromise name and fully logical for the use-case.

Estibot is always nonsense. I own several of these "plural" and "singular" sets. For instance, EyeCream com and EyeCreams com, real life example. Both are for sale. I think it is good to sell as a set if I ever find a buyer. In fact, I added BestEyeCream com and BestEyeCreams com too for the superset. I see end user value in owning a whole "category" with different variations.

•••
Sorry, but why do people put vague posts like this and expect us to speculate on the value of each? First of all, if you handreg a "tokens" domain, it is probably worthless. All the good ones are taken. Second of all, nobody can say what they even think either domain is worth, let alone what is worth more, without knowing the domains.
Sorry, but why do each idiot put a vague answer like this and expect me to take his opinion in mind? First of all, if you have opinion its only your own opinion and it is probably worthless for me. All the previous opinions are already considered. Second of all.. Well, "first of all" was enough..

•••
Sorry, but why do each idiot put a vague answer like this and expect me to take his opinion in mind? First of all, if you have opinion its only your own opinion and it is probably worthless for me. All the previous opinions are already considered. Second of all.. Well, "first of all" was enough..

Pay attention or not, but you are hand registering domains for peanuts and I am doing 7-8 figures a year in sales every year. Just trying to help you stop wasting your time. Domaining isnt for everybody.

•••
Pay attention or not, but you are hand registering domains for peanuts and I am doing 7-8 figures a year in sales every year. Just trying to help you stop wasting your time. Domaining isnt for everybody.
You spend much more on renewals and you total roi is not what you could report.
My main income source is not domains, but i get good extra on them.
I just get money, not spend them

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back