IT.COM

advice Please Help me choose a domain for portfolio site

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I want to create a clean webpage to display my brandable domains through simple logos. The names are mostly two word brandables and very creative. look almost like how catchy.com has their's. Which of the following domains would be ideal and why(all .coms):

1. AlliedDomains/names
  2. NameHood
  3. SavvyDomains
  4. NameTable
  5. NamesFolio
  6. DomainInnovation
  7. NamesTag
  8. MyNames (.net)
  9. DNnerd.com
  10. Namees
Cheers

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Rivey,

I think most people would probably choose to have the domain keyword instead of names for a marketplace. Random thoughts:
  1. AlliedDomains/names - allieddomains.com, the double Ds are not ideal
  2. NameHood - Hood might have a little bit of a negative connotation for some people
  3. SavvyDomains - Savvy may be too hard to spell
  4. NameTable
  5. NamesFolio
  6. DomainInnovation - a little too long
  7. NamesTag - Shortest of the bunch, I can imagine incorporating tags as in for sale into the design of the site, but also saw Name Stag as in the animal.
  8. MyNames (.net) - You're selling all .coms, it would be a little odd to have your marketplace be on a .net
I'm not crazy about any of these in particular. How about using one of your brandable domains as the domain for your marketplace?

•••
"NameTable.com" ....We Serve Quality Domains!

imo...

•••
Thanks!

Anyone else please?

•••
"NameTable.com" ....We Serve Quality Domains!

imo...
Thanks. I never looked on it that way though it was so obvious. My was thinking of it being like a domain discussion kind of name..

•••
•••
Thanks. I never looked on it that way though it was so obvious. .

i live outside the box and only come in for squares

puff, puff, pass....

:)

•••
As domain investors, we believe that domain names are internet real estate and make for phenomenal brands upon which to launch a business. IMO none of the names listed make for a great brand. If you are serious about marketing your domain portfolio and stressing to end users the value of a great domain, I would suggest seeking a suitable domain name via either forums or searching aftermarket listings with characters "DN" or "DOM"

•••
If you are serious about marketing your domain portfolio and stressing to end users the value of a great domain, I would suggest seeking a suitable domain name via either forums or searching aftermarket listings with characters "DN" or "DOM"

Nothing stands out from your list... if you are looking for long term branding, even a mid level LLLL.com, which are trade commonly here would be good, plus a LLLL.com might sell at profit, if you decide to change your mind about using that domain name later ;) A somewhat pronounceable LLLL.com with a good logo would work. Whatever the LLLL, give it the meaning you want, more unheard of LLLL, the better

an 5-L acronym XXXDN.com, where you would give XXX the meaning you want.

Last edited:
•••
I 2nd (or 3rd?) the nametable domain..

•••
As domain investors, we believe that domain names are internet real estate and make for phenomenal brands upon which to launch a business. IMO none of the names listed make for a great brand. If you are serious about marketing your domain portfolio and stressing to end users the value of a great domain, I would suggest seeking a suitable domain name via either forums or searching aftermarket listings with characters "DN" or "DOM"

A good DN search tool that I have used with some success is LeanDomainSearch dot com. You type in the keyword you want in your domain and the site does the rest to find available dot coms for you. I tried the keyword 'domain' just now for fun and got 46 available domain names that start with the word 'domain'. You might find something good there. Here is a screencap of what I found.

upload_2015-9-2_15-51-9.png

•••
I like nametable the best. Contains name, won't be misheard, only one spelling, good expressions possible, can visualise.

•••
NewWorldDomains.com is available. 13 years old...

•••
You should request members to post up their domains that would be suitable for a domain portfolio.. ;) I bet you'd get a lot to choose from!

•••
•••
You should request members to post up their domains that would be suitable for a domain portfolio.. ;) I bet you'd get a lot to choose from!

I agree. I have a few in my portfolio.

•••

in contrast, one doesn't have to have a great domain or even one that's brandable, to sell to end-users

however, one should have quality domains to offer, from that site.

imo...

•••
I added DNnerd(just reg) and Namees.com?

•••
A good DN search tool that I have used with some success is LeanDomainSearch dot com. You type in the keyword you want in your domain and the site does the rest to find available dot coms for you. I tried the keyword 'domain' just now for fun and got 46 available domain names that start with the word 'domain'. You might find something good there. Here is a screencap of what I found.

Show attachment 15740
Thanks for the great resource. :)

•••
More free names while they last... name2go, mynameshop, namestowin, namesthatwin namewanteds etc etc

•••
Hi Rivey,

I think most people would probably choose to have the domain keyword instead of names for a marketplace. Random thoughts:
  1. AlliedDomains/names - allieddomains.com, the double Ds are not ideal
  2. NameHood - Hood might have a little bit of a negative connotation for some people
  3. SavvyDomains - Savvy may be too hard to spell
  4. NameTable
  5. NamesFolio
  6. DomainInnovation - a little too long
  7. NamesTag - Shortest of the bunch, I can imagine incorporating tags as in for sale into the design of the site, but also saw Name Stag as in the animal.
  8. MyNames (.net) - You're selling all .coms, it would be a little odd to have your marketplace be on a .net
I'm not crazy about any of these in particular. How about using one of your brandable domains as the domain for your marketplace?
Thanks for the great feedback!
I also have Namees.com and recently hand reg DNnerd.com
I saw you skipped Nametable and Namesfolio?

Most of my brandables are great, but two words. I'll share a few shorter ones by PM(.com ,let me know if any works):

•••
None of them is outstanding but imo NameTable and DomainInnovation are the 2 viable ones.

•••
•••
I like SavvyDomains by leaps and bounds over the others.

•••
I don't think my name shop is a good fit for a website selling brandables. It's too traditional. So I took it. Thanks @carob. I agree with others that the selling of brandables basically requires a brandable-type domain, to support your theory about selling brandables. I don't think you'd get a good enough LLLL.com under $1k. But a 5-7 char brandable you can pick up here or on the drops, cheap enough. It would be your option to include a key phrase related to domains or brands, but for most impact, it would be better to get a snappy domain without any meaning. Just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back