NameSilo

Can You Help Me Choose a Name for My New Site

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm having a domain portfolio site built to display all my names for sale.

I'm having a hard time choosing which domain name to use for the name of the site. What do you like best?

Here's what I have to choose from....

Hexl.com

Jicle.com

DomainMuscle.com

FormulaDomains.com

iDomainNameSearch.com - good wordtracker for domain name search

DOMAINGOVERNMENT.COM

DOMAINWATERFALL.COM

CHECKOUTDOMAINS.COM

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
FormulaDomains Seems the best to me.

•••
FormulaDomains.com Go with that it sounds really good beats the rest.

•••
FormulaDomains.com is 2 for 2

I liked CheckOutDomains.com for some reason

•••
I like FormulaDomains, then CheckoutDomains. Don't really like the rest of 'em.

•••
Out of those I like the following that fits imo

DomainMuscle.com

CHECKOUTDOMAINS.COM

•••
You picked the same 2 names I like but I'm still thinking on it. :yell::):-/

Out of those I like the following that fits imo

DomainMuscle.com

CHECKOUTDOMAINS.COM

•••
I would use :checkoutdomains.com but generally I don´t like long names.

•••
keep looking. none of the names say "go go go" to you so that means you are not convinced yourself.

•••
If you are serious about selling domains I would keep looking and perhaps a good .Net can be acquired for a mere backorder or relatively cheap. It amazes me to see the domains that many domainers use for their domain sales sites. The sales pitch that the industry promotes to end users is the importance of buying a quality generic domain with branding, traffic and/or SEO benefits. Domainers should do the same.

•••
I agree with what you say that = "quality generic domain with branding, traffic and/or SEO benefits"

are great but also think about when you type in the keyword "Domain Names" into google that the first page is full of names that are not generic domain names. Godaddy, networksolutions, yahoo, wikipedia, webcheap, webopedia, iana, icann, and one Register.com so I'm not so sure how much a good name is going to help me ever get to the first second or third page of google:).. I'm also pretty sure a great name wouldn't hurt. I do see BuyDomains for the term buy domains but what's that one gonna cost me?

If your suggesting you know of a short, great .com or .net that comes " with branding, traffic and/or SEO benefits" that you mentioned for around $1,300 or less let me know. It's costing me around $750.00 to have the site built so that would at $2,000.00 which is really more than I had planned, but I'm game for a good name if it fits in my budget but it would have to have a strong wordtracker and be a short no more than 2 word generic.

If you are serious about selling domains I would keep looking and perhaps a good .Net can be acquired for a mere backorder or relatively cheap. It amazes me to see the domains that many domainers use for their domain sales sites. The sales pitch that the industry promotes to end users is the importance of buying a quality generic domain with branding, traffic and/or SEO benefits. Domainers should do the same.

•••
My choice - FormulaDomains.com

•••
For me it's a tie between domainmuscle and checkoutdomains.

•••
I like formuladomains as well... checkoutdomains is a call to action name, but it seems to me that it should be checkoutMYdomains... domainmuscle fits your avatar...

~Jose

•••
Getting to the first page of Google for any one-word search is going to require more than just a good domain. But if you plan to be in the business of selling domains in my opinion the domain for your sales website should be a good one. It doesn't have to cost $25 grand or even $2500 but what is your first impression of a personal trainer who weighs 300 pounds or a preacher who is known to cheat on his wife or a dentist with crooked and stained teeth? What will an end user think of your business if you use _____ domain for your site? Given the current state of domain sales, I'm sure if you announce on the Domains wanted section you can find a good name under $1500 (perhaps much less).

•••
I've thought about it just about long enough.:cy:

Still may go with one of the others but the name of my business is Twilight Research and I believe we might just go with that name .. I'll see what the developer & SEO guys think.

I just don't want to spend the $ it would probably take to get a real premium domain right now. If I wasn't remodelling my kitchen and have other projects going on,,,maybe :hehe:

If I go with another name listed above I'll let ya know.

•••
I like DomainMuscle for some reason

•••
To be honest with you, none of them is worth developing. I’d sell all of them and buy a better name for a serious domaining business.

•••
I agree with the people above who say none are worth developing.

Find a better name that is more brandable and memorable.

Brad

•••
Hi Brad,

What do you have in mind? What name would be better, more brandable and memorable? I want to make the right decision here and would appreciate if you would elaborate by giving some examples of names that would work best for my budget and project. Post here or PM or even email me. I'm open to ideas.

I also bought LegacyDomainNames and FastDomainNames but these names are so long and just don't feel right.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

I agree with the people above who say none are worth developing.

Find a better name that is more brandable and memorable.

Brad

•••
DNP-As I said, I believe that as domainers if we cannot convince ourselves of the value of a good domain, then it should not shock us as to why so many small businesses have so-so or worse domains and yet you cannot convince them to spend more than $50 on a better alternative. In either case I believe I found you one which though it is not a .COM you can acquire for no more than $50 (not one of mine). Check your email.

•••
Seriously, Can you guys share that how many of your business are introduced by your Domain Portofolio site?

My experience is very few:
- End users search on Sedo, afternic... and other big marketplace and may send you an offer if interested
Or contact you through ifnormation on Whois

- Domainers make deals on Forums...

I have sold more that 600 domains in the past 3 years but less than 5 sales from my Domain portfolio site. So my suggestion is that you can use any of the domains listed as you like. It is NOT really serious issue unless you have a huge plan for promotion your portfolio site

•••
That is a good number of sales (assume direct contact with potential end users) but I would have no way of knowing whether an offer just randomly appeared via SEDO/Afternic or due to my websites. In either case if we don't believe a domain name is important, then why are we trying to scam people into buying domains? I didn't say spend $15 grand on a domain. Perhaps $500 could get you a really nice domain.

•••
That is a good number of sales (assume direct contact with potential end users) but I would have no way of knowing whether an offer just randomly appeared via SEDO/Afternic or due to my websites. In either case if we don't believe a domain name is important, then why are we trying to scam people into buying domains? I didn't say spend $15 grand on a domain. Perhaps $500 could get you a really nice domain.

Higarptrader

$500.00?? A .com? And where? :) -- You Pm'd me a .tv name which is not going to happen, sorry. Would love to have that .com though:)... Right now I'm down to DomainMuscle.com, FormulaDomains.com, CheckOutDomains.com, TwilightResearch.com, LegacyDomainNames.com and Jicle and Hexl.... For me to find a domain that makes these look terrible in comparison in .com extension I'm thinking over $5,000 for sure which I just can't do right now for this project unless it was an absolute premium domain which I knew was a fantastic investment, a real steal of a deal which I don't see happening. Plus on top of that I'm running out of time. The site is being developed and needs a name for the logo & theme like right now.

•••
I like brandables. Hexl is my favourite.
Just a thought:Can you not use your cctld and get a better keyword that way?

A thought just came to me about going geo: as in city-domain-.com or something similar with state/region.
Good luck choosing.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back