IT.COM

information Plato Design Rebrands to Aesthetic, and Aesthetic.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Browsing through Crunchbase can have some unexpected results. While doing some research for another article, I was looking through a list of recently funded companies when I saw “Aesthetic (formerly Plato Design). What stood out to me was the fact that the company had managed to secure the use of the premium Aesthetic.com domain name.

Read more on my blog.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They'd better spend a minimum of $50k for the commonly used Esthetic.com variant (I know it's not the Queen's English.) :-D

Last edited:
•••
•••
They'd better spend a minimum of $50k for the commonly used Esthetic.com variant (I know it's not the Queen's English.) :-D

That’s the first time I’ve ever seen the Esthetic spelling!

•••
That’s the first time I’ve ever seen the Esthetic spelling!

It's definitely a common American English spelling. The word is spelled (spelt!) "aesthetic" due to the Greek word ΑΙΣΘΗΣΗ (sense/sensation) where the "ΑΙ" diphthong is transliterated as "ae" - as in "eh".

•••
It's definitely a common American English spelling. The word is spelled (spelt!) "aesthetic" due to the Greek word ΑΙΣΘΗΣΗ (sense/sensation) where the "ΑΙ" diphthong is transliterated as "ae" - as in "eh".

interesting! I’d never considered that.
I guess it’s somewhat similar to Color.com & Colour.com, or Harbor.com & Harbour.com - the respective companies smartly acquired each variant

•••
Yes. I do prefer the Queen's English, however. Took me a while to detach from proper spelling LOL.

•••
Yes,
I feel the same way.
A good domain name is half the battle

•••
Amazing domain, I wonder how much they paid

•••
Back