IT.COM

.com Weight Watchers Buys WW.com and Rebrands to WW

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
In July of this year, I reported that the WW.com domain name appears to have sold. WW.com previously sold in 2014 for an undisclosed price. Although the Whois record was private and the domain name did not resolve in July, I speculated that Weight Watchers may have acquired the domain name. In addition to the fact that Weight Watchers’ initials are “WW,” the domain name transferred to corporate brand protection registrar SafeNames, where Weight Watchers registers its domain names.
This morning, it was reported that Weight Watchers is rebranding as WW.
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
At the risk of really digging up an old post it looks like Weight Watchers have completely rebranded to WW now.

They are advertising themselves as WW on TV. They also own WW.co.uk. Though they haven't committed enough to dropping the weightwatchers.com domain.

I was prompted to write this cause I just saw an advert on TV here in the UK saying that WW is the new name for Weight Watchers.

WW.com is an awesome domain...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back