Dynadot

Picking a registrar for easy process and domain parking

NameSilo
Watch

hellodomain

Impact
Hi

So there are a couple domains I want to purchase to resell (first time). I have used domains and hosting services before but not for this purpose.

The key points I'm looking at are:
- An easy process to transfer the domains once sold
- Domain parking capability with that allows monetary profit

I am a fan of Dream host for general website hosting, but I cannot seem to find out if they provide monetary profit for parked domains receiving click throughs..? And If the process of transferring a domain to a buyer is easy..?

It seems that GoDaddy is pretty mainstream and complies to these key points.

Your thoughts on these two providers?

Or is it best/easy to get seperate providers for hosting and parking pages?

Tried to word it best I could.

I want to figure this out before I buy the domains through either of these providers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Everyone has a godaddy account. If you're looking for easy pushing to your buyer, they're more than likely to have a godaddy account already.

•••
When it comes to domain parking, some of the most commonly mentioned parking services around this forum are bodis, sedo, and voodoo. To use one of these services, all you have to do is signup for an account and add your domain to their parking service account. Then you go to whatever registrar has your domain name (godaddy, dreamhost, registerbird, etc.), and change the nameservers to that of the parking service. As soon as it resolves, you will start making money on people who click the ads on your parking page.

In order to generate income with parking, you are relying on traffic to come because of a site that had once existed on the domain previously, or traffic from backlinks to that domain, or you are relying on type in traffic. Parking pages tend to have nofollow rules with many search engines so relying on organic search traffic is not going to be a help to you.

•••
The easiest way to transfer a domain to a buyer is to have them open an account where your domain is registered, and then "push" the domain into their account. There is no cost and the transfer is very quick. Later the buyer can transfer the domain to another registrar if they want to.

You should try some different registrars. Godaddy is popular, but I don't like them. After using many different ones I now only use Dynadot. The only thing I would avoid is using a registrar that charges more than $10-$15 for .com domains. Generally you should only pay about $10 or less.

I advise against buying domains from hosting providers. The fees tend to be higher and if you have problems they have more control over BOTH of your accounts (hosting and domains).

Parking is another issue. Most parking at a registrar pays little or nothing as it does with Dynadot. Since you will be getting domains that are currently not registered, you are not likely to make anything from parking. Zero dollars. So it really won't matter where you host the domains. You would do better to put up a page you make that offers the domain for sale and talks about why someone should buy it. Or put up a blog and add content to get traffic and attract a buyer. Later if you get some traffic you could switch to parking and see if you can make some money that way, but don't expect much with less than 1,000 visitors a month.

You should learn as much as you can about buying and selling domains and parking before you get into this. Domains are easy to buy, but generally hard to sell unless you sell them cheaply. Look at all the domains that are being sold HERE at NamePros and you will learn a lot. :)

Good Luck!!!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back