IT.COM

discuss PhygitalWorld.com sold for $21000

NameSilo
Watch

Nacindex

Established Member
Impact
Domain: PhygitalWorld.com , bought at Godaddy Aftermarket for ~$20 , Sold for $21.000 . Date: 06/24/2020
Venue: Afternic
Let me share a quick background of my "Phygital" names pursuit.

First time I've seen the term of "Phygital" online, was 4 years ago, the concept made me quite interested, I have started to dig more, but many of my Web searches were returning mostly irrelevant results, once I have understood the importance of Phygital and grasped its promises on the way we live, for better in a near future, it pulled me even more. Since then I have started to hunt for such names.

About the domain, PhygitalWorld.com; I acquired it around 4 months ago from Godaddy Aftermarket (Auctions),
Main reason for choosing this name to me was the concept, rather than generic name properties,
We've got a buy offer to our website in the mid of June'20,
Turned out he was an Afternic broker on behalf of a client working in Phygital technologies.
Broker was a real professional and talented in communications skills, he was prompt and positive-minded,
After a little bit of back and forth messaging, we've got the deal closed.

We have got paid by Afternic in one week.
afternic-phygitalworld-com-sale.jpg

Thank you for reading!
(This is my first post btw, sorry in advance, in case of any errors)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Absolutely amazing sale.
Congratulations and welcome to Namepros!

•••
Thanks for sharing the sale, Congratulations....

•••
Nevermind, made a mistake. Sorry!

Last edited:
•••
Why does the amount you received after commission match a $22k sale, not a $21k sale? Afternic rounds the payout to the penny, so the only way this screenshot checks out is if you have a custom commission rate, and it is specified to four or five decimal places. Otherwise it would have rounded to a different payout not a round number.

To be more clear, netting $17,600.00 on a $21k sale would mean a commission of 16.190476190476190476190476190476%. But that plays out like this:

16% would net $17,640. Nope, not correct.
16.2% would net $17,598. Also not correct.
16.19% would net $17,600.10. Nope.
16.1905% would net $17,599.995. There we go, that would round to $17,600.00.

I really doubt there's a custom commission precise to four decimal places. Frankly it seems more likely that you plugged in the numbers yourself, and accidentally did 22k * 0.8 instead of 21k * 0.8, although maybe I'm missing something.

Michael, the commission is correct.

20% ($15 minimum)$0 to $5000

$1,000 +15% of amount over $5k $5,001 to $25,000

$4,000 +10% of amount over $25k $25,000 and over

Just go to:

https://www.afternic.com/sell-domains

Scroll down until you see "Calculate commission", enter 21000, and you will get the amounts:

Commission: $3400

Net Proceeds: $17600

•••
Congrats.

Last edited:
•••
Michael, the commission is correct.

20% ($15 minimum)$0 to $5000

$1,000 +15% of amount over $5k $5,001 to $25,000

$4,000 +10% of amount over $25k $25,000 and over

Just go to:

https://www.afternic.com/sell-domains

Scroll down until you see "Calculate commission", enter 21000, and you will get the amounts:

Commission: $3400

Net Proceeds: $17600
Oops, thanks for that!

•••
Just visit the site ---it's Developed!

Forwards to the Plural

I'd say legit! bought by
Dou/ble A L/a/b/s very nice looking site.

CONGRATS! On an incredible sale and following your own hunch.

Last edited:
•••
•••
GREAT sale and an even better ROI.
I don't usually invest much in emerging trends, but after a little research, I picked up a few key ones at registration fee.

•••
What was the listed price prior to the broker reaching out?

•••
I agree. Great sale for sure. I immediately began researching what “phygital” meant when I read this post. Found it very interesting.

•••
Nice sale! If I knew it was for sale for 20, I would have bought it too. I registered some phygital names in 2015 and am now starting to get some bids

•••
Nice sale! If I knew it was for sale for 20, I would have bought it too. I registered some phygital names in 2015 and am now starting to get some bids

which of your phygital domains get the most traffic?

•••
phygitalmarketing and phygitalretail .com

•••
I hand registered PhygitalMarketer.com yesterday. A few others I searched were recently registered

•••
wow..Fantastic sale! Congratulations
thanks for sharing.

•••
Today I hand reg'd
Phygitaltoken.com
Phygitalcoin.com

•••
Back