Domain name: CoinDecentralized.com
Sale venue: Afternic
Listing type: Offer / BIN
Listing upgrades: None
Seller: Afternic Broker
Asking price: $8,995
Sale price: $6500.00 - $1225 broker fee
Purchase price: $6.89
Details: Registered Jan 19 in the middle of the cryptocrash and I'm hearing about the need for decentralized / distributed exchanges. Listed on Afternic Jan 21. Broker emailed Jan 31 with initial offer of $5,700 stating he negotiated with buyer. Countered with 20% off asking $7196 and buyer offer $6500 accepted and sold Feb 3. Afternic payment received Feb 16.

Overall worked great in this case, since "coin" has been selling so high. Obviously it happened very quickly. This was my first Afternic sale and largest sale, so I was happy to pay some domaining expenses.

I'd like to thank the Afternic broker, namepros and crypto! Buyer unknown in case you're wondering. Most people seem to attribute these sales to people cashing out their crypto and looking to put it somewhere, so I guess that decentralized stores of wealth were on the buyer's mind. What do you all think about the potential of decentralized / distributed / decentralization as a keyword? I find decentralized to be the most commonly spoken of the three in the cryptoworld (.com taken harhar), but distributed has more results on google trends. Cheers and good luck to all of us!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And just now in afternic is listed coindecentralize dot com for $9988 :xf.grin:

•••
•••
•••
•••
@satyadeep singh Namesilo has a .com promotion where bulk discount lowers price under $7.

Last edited:
•••
Some domainers are so desperate

Hey buddy, actually I don't see that as being desperate... more as seeing an opportunity to ride the wave , why not :)
fyi, that's not my listing haha

•••
Congratulations! I have DecentralizedCurrency.net

•••
•••
•••
i've been talking about decentralize(d) keyword for a while now..
i own decentralize.info and am receiving good intereat and offers. just not enough to sell.
I also added a few of these keywords + ngtlds to my collection recently.
like: decentralize.money

sadly, I was suprised that even most ngtlds with these keywords seem alreasdy long gone. or just gone. :)

eitherway, its a nice keyword and fits pefectly fine for crypto.
though some say its hard to spell :)
but hey.. could be worse.. like decentralization ;)

imagine the owner of decentralize(d).com
few years back it was less than average 1word .com
today he probably flooded with offers

•••
•••
•••
Great sale for that name -- congrats.

Gives me a bit more confidence, as I recently reg'd the following..

DecentralizedChain
&
DecentralizedBlock
(.com)

Cheers, and good luck going forward with your others!

•••
Congrats. I am going to assume DecentralizedCoin or something similar was too expensive for this party to obtain and they went with your name. In any other market you would never make that much. That’s the beauty of crypto. When others price too high alternatives will be bought.

•••
•••
Congrats to buyer and seller!
Seems AfteNic is performing well. :)

•••
Congrats @Pazu !
I have ETHDecentralized.com. Hoping to get good return on it:)

•••
Congratulations! It's a great sale in all aspects of domaining.

•••
•••
•••
Massive congrats! Stunning return in such a short time.

•••
•••
Wow! Great and very quick sale!

•••
•••
Back