Domain name: CoinDecentralized.com
Sale venue: Afternic
Listing type: Offer / BIN
Listing upgrades: None
Seller: Afternic Broker
Asking price: $8,995
Sale price: $6500.00 - $1225 broker fee
Purchase price: $6.89
Details: Registered Jan 19 in the middle of the cryptocrash and I'm hearing about the need for decentralized / distributed exchanges. Listed on Afternic Jan 21. Broker emailed Jan 31 with initial offer of $5,700 stating he negotiated with buyer. Countered with 20% off asking $7196 and buyer offer $6500 accepted and sold Feb 3. Afternic payment received Feb 16.

Overall worked great in this case, since "coin" has been selling so high. Obviously it happened very quickly. This was my first Afternic sale and largest sale, so I was happy to pay some domaining expenses.

I'd like to thank the Afternic broker, namepros and crypto! Buyer unknown in case you're wondering. Most people seem to attribute these sales to people cashing out their crypto and looking to put it somewhere, so I guess that decentralized stores of wealth were on the buyer's mind. What do you all think about the potential of decentralized / distributed / decentralization as a keyword? I find decentralized to be the most commonly spoken of the three in the cryptoworld (.com taken harhar), but distributed has more results on google trends. Cheers and good luck to all of us!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thats pretty cool, gives me hope for selling - DecentralizedCrypto.com & CentralizedCrypto.com :)

•••
Yeah I think decentralizedcrypto.com is very strong

•••
•••
Congratulations, I have
CryptoMilestone.com
CryptoSignin.com

•••
•••
•••
•••
an era for the word/term 'DEX'? (DEX - shortening of Decentralized Exchange)

•••
•••
If you have anything like this trend I would be pushing it rather than holding out.

•••
I wonder how many Keyword+decentralized.com and Decentralized + Keyword.com domains were registered soon after that domain domain was sold?

fyi. on namebio. only 2 records of any domain with decentralized in it. sold.

and this one.

someone posted this sale on Linkedin. and in the same breath tried to sell

DecentralizedChain.com
DecentralizedBlock.com

soon after someone registered BlockDecentralized.com lol

and a bunch of others.

ahhhh domainers!

•••
I wonder how many Keyword+decentralized.com and Decentralized + Keyword.com domains were registered soon after that domain domain was sold?

and this one.

DecentralizedChain.com
DecentralizedBlock.com

and a bunch of others.

ahhhh domainers!

the answer to your first question is: everything you can imagine.. and then some. :)

as for namebio sales.. namebio has been around for a long time.. crypto/decentralized are new concepts.

give it some time and namebio will fill up with crypto stuff real good.

I got few neat low XXX offers on a little 2$ 2month old reg.. decentralize.info ...... so don't rely on namebio for everything ;)
it's great for telling the stories about the past.. but it doesn't know the future haha

cheers

•••
I had looked at "Decentralized" as a keyword last year. I just felt it was too long a word. but couldn't resist so

Decentralized360.com
Decentralized24.com

what is curious about CoinDecentralized.com is that it was registered
2018-01-18 that's a great return on investment in just 2 months?

•••
yes
its fantastic fast return
how often do you see people giong from 10$ to 6.5k in 2 motnhs?
rarely!

only in crypto I guess ;)

let's hope some other of us can get this lucky too with more recent regs.. the 2-3 year old regs are way easier to sell and are making some people real nice money these days. but 2-3 years is still not old domains by domaining standards.. so this is still very impressive!

now imagine if you had some vision for crypto say 10 years back or so.. to reg some stuff.. there goes your retirement funding right there :)

•••
I did register several decentralized domains at the same time, betting on the concept, so consider how that does reduce ROI in a way. The coin domain I saw clearly as a gem in the group. For example, I also regged btcdecentralized / idecentralized / storedecentralized.

One of the beauties of cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and monero is that it's ideally trustless and more secure than storing wealth in a centralized institution like a fractional-reserve bank or traditional crypto exchange platform. As regulation increases, people start getting audited by tax agencies, more exchanges are hacked, or we have another banking theft / lockout as was seen in the Republic of Cyprus... it seems to me that this will become more of a buzzword.
Bitcoin prices surge post-Cyprus bailout March 28, 2013

Binance just announced they have a decentralized exchange in the works and their coin / token immediately shot up in value in the middle of this crash.
Binance Unveils Blockchain for New Crypto Exchange
World's Largest Crypto Exchange Binance To Launch Decentralized Trading Platform

Last edited:
•••
•••

and this one.

DecentralizedChain.com
DecentralizedBlock.com

and a bunch of others.

ahhhh domainers!
Hehehe.... I have valuable domain blockdecentralised.com
@Avtar629

•••
Congratulations. Great Sale.

I too own CoinDecent.com

•••
•••
congrats on your sale pal!

decentralized is one of those words where its hit or miss. has to have the right pairing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back