Dynadot

discuss Passive inbound income from domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
Any full time domainers is it possible to make minimum mid xxxx passive income from domains only via inbound, what kind of portfolio size should I be looking for and what are other strategies?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any full time domainers is it possible to make minimum mid xxxx passive income from domains only via inbound, what kind of portfolio size should I be looking for and what are other strategies?

Yes if you have some decent quality and keep reinvesting when you sell then you can but every month is never the same also do outbound for the smaller sales all adds up

•••
Outbound I already do, I need a mid xxxx inbound to support ...

•••
You would need to have at least 3,750 to 5,000 (at least average quality .COM) domains to generate $5,000 to $7,500 passively per month.
If you invest around $30,000, you will sell around $75,000 worth during the course of a year, on average (investment x 1.5 = profit).

•••
As Federer mentioned above, depends on quality of portfolio.

I had around 1200 in average for .coms for 2018 and averaging around $10K/month in sales, but I had average of around 225 LLLLs and some higher than average quality names.

I have ramped up to almost 2000 names now, but expect the results from the additional names to show in 2019, as with inbound only results off the bat are rare. The names have to sit and mature :)

With average and slightly better quality name portfolio with inbound only and proper exposure for names, you'd probably be averaging around 1%-1.2% sell through and around $1,500 net average per sale after commissions. So you need 3 sales per month in average for mid $xxxx revenue or 36 per year. And that means portfolio of 3000-3600 names. That is around $25K in renewals though, leaving you around $30K profit before taxes.

Now, if your names yield only 0.5% sell through, however, you will barely break even (meaning, not making any money on your investment, though). Hence the importance of quality and knowing what to buy, not just hoarding the names.

•••
domain parking

•••
can you make that money via parking?

•••
You would need to have at least 3,750 to 5,000 (at least average quality .COM) domains to generate $5,000 to $7,500 passively per month.
If you invest around $30,000, you will sell around $75,000 worth during the course of a year, on average (investment x 1.5 = profit).

5000 hand reg or aftermarket names you mean mate

"If you invest around $30,000, you will sell around $75,000 worth during the course of a year, on average "

brandables or keywords ?
aftermarket or hand reg?

•••
•••
As Federer mentioned above, depends on quality of portfolio.

I had around 1200 in average for .coms for 2018 and averaging around $10K/month in sales, but I had average of around 225 LLLLs and some higher than average quality names.

I have ramped up to almost 2000 names now, but expect the results from the additional names to show in 2019, as with inbound only results off the bat are rare. The names have to sit and mature :)

With average and slightly better quality name portfolio with inbound only and proper exposure for names, you'd probably be averaging around 1%-1.2% sell through and around $1,500 net average per sale after commissions. So you need 3 sales per month in average for mid $xxxx revenue or 36 per year. And that means portfolio of 3000-3600 names. That is around $25K in renewals though, leaving you around $30K profit before taxes.

Now, if your names yield only 0.5% sell through, however, you will barely break even (meaning, not making any money on your investment, though). Hence the importance of quality and knowing what to buy, not just hoarding the names.

whats your capital to acquire 1200 names generating $10k a month?

"And that means portfolio of 3000-3600 names. That is around $25K in renewals though, leaving you around $30K profit before taxes."

3000 to 3.5 above average quality names so what capital are we talking about here?

•••
i make more than that.

wow...can you throw some light...you make that figure with how many names,hand reg or high quality aftermarket names, which platform?

right now iam earning $1 per day on average from parking with around 200 names :(

•••
wow...can you throw some light...you make that figure with how many names,hand reg or high quality aftermarket names, which platform?

right now iam earning $1 per day on average from parking with around 200 names :(
few thousands
voodoo,bodis,parkingcrew,mailboxpark
mostly catched domains

•••
few thousands
voodoo,bodis,parkingcrew,mailboxpark
mostly catched domains

i know these questions are deep but will help someone like me who is trying to break chains and go financially independent, so answer if possible?

1:any criteria you look while buying the name , normally people just say backlinks,alexa,baklinks spread ,cpc etc but still after much research i buy i make peanuts so am not sure where am missing the train

2:total investment to acquire that few thousand names tats bringing you mid xxxx parking income

•••
3750 to 5000 domains to generate $5,000 to $7,500 per month. Which is $75,000 yearly.
You said investing $30,000 will sell $75,000. You mean $30,000 in quality names, or $30,000 for 3,750 to 5,000 .com domains (10$ each). Or you just meant $30,000 for any domain bought with expertise.

@Brand Ultra people usually don't disclose how much they've invested.

•••
my advice is to forget this way of making good revenues.
Many are trying to, but near to nobody succeed.

•••
I recommend to invest on domains with content . Hire content writers to write content on niche topics that is in demand by readers.

•••
I recommend to invest on domains with content . Hire content writers to write content on niche topics that is in demand by readers.
for reselling or monetizing with ads ?

•••
whats your capital to acquire 1200 names generating $10k a month?

"And that means portfolio of 3000-3600 names. That is around $25K in renewals though, leaving you around $30K profit before taxes."

3000 to 3.5 above average quality names so what capital are we talking about here?

The first 1000 names or so cost me around $160-$200K estimate. So, around $160-$200/name.

The next 1000 names probably around $40K estimate.

•••
The first 1000 names or so cost me around $160-$200K estimate. So, around $160-$200/name.

The next 1000 names probably around $40K estimate.
Going from $160-$200/name to around $40/name, is that because you have become better at picking domains, or is it because you have realized that the ROI is higher for names in that lower price range?

•••
Going from $160-$200/name to around $40/name, is that because you have become better at picking domains, or is it because you have realized that the ROI is higher for names in that lower price range?

Few factors. More expensive names cannot be ramped up fast and easily.

$40 is average with most being around $20, some being in low to mid $xxx. Those I can purchase 10-20 a day. It is just different category. Cheaper in aquisition, more spent in renewals, but still profitable.

•••
yes it's possible i see it all over here, all you have to do is don't give up, focus ,work on it daily and consistently and never quit.

•••
Work hard and it all slots in to place we love what we do and that always helps domains is what we think 24/7 :P

•••
That's true but all, I wanna do is is achieve a 10 k goal , so inbound 5 k goal is the target

•••
my advice is to forget this way of making good revenues.
Many are trying to, but near to nobody succeed.
Do you mean to forget parking as a way to make money?? And if yes just because many are failing or because revenues are drying up?

•••
Do you mean to forget parking as a way to make money?? And if yes just because many are failing or because revenues are drying up?
yes exactly.
because many are failing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back