IT.COM

Passive Income Blog Review

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hi guys,

I'm creating a blog about how to create passive income. It's probably the first blog that I've wrote posts with a lot of detail in (mainly because I'm passionate about the niche). One problem is my writing sucks, I'm finding it hard to come across engaging.

I've spent a lot of time seeing up ssl, Wordpress theme/plugins and doing some other little bits - but the majority of my time is going into creating the blog.

I've had success in the gambling industry and want to show people how I did it, and exploring other avenues.

What do you guys think about the writing style and blog setup? https://passiveincomeblog.uk

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
'm finding it hard to come across engaging

It's ok to be boring, as long as your posts come across as passionate as you say you are.

I see many blog posts where the author uses as many big words as possible just to look smart, when in reality, they just come across as a bunch of muppets

Be passionate in your writing, and people will engage with you, rather than just seeing it as another post about how to make money online.

•••
Hey, thanks for the feedback - I know my writing style isn't the best and I'm very conscious of that too. However, I think I'm knowledgable in a few areas that others will find interesting at least.

I guess you don't have to always come across as a Oxford professor to get your point across :)

•••
Well I just read the whole posts.
Its okay.

•••
Well I just read the whole posts.
Its okay.
It doesn't have to be perfect, you just gotta have something knowledgeable and interesting to share. If you're still worried, I recommended Grammarly software, a lot of my blog folks who are word-conscious use it.
Good luck on your blog.

•••
the website didnt attracted me and there is no good content to know about how to get passive income.

•••
the website didnt attracted me and there is no good content to know about how to get passive income.

Hey, no worries - thanks for the feedback. The blogs still young so maybe I could add more passive income means in the future.

•••
Just wondering, i read a lot of blogs about passive income. None of them actually lists the website that made the money. Always some shady screenshot of Skrill or Netelller but never the actual website.
As a reader i don't buy it and will not come back.

•••
Fair point! I do on mine, most of my money online is made from the gambling niche and has brand that has paid in screenshot

•••
Even being a native English speaker there are many times when I need someone to look over the work. Particularity if you you are going to get into some technicals etc..

Something I use anytime I want a quick check - I use it on personal, professional, and business docs. Actually starting using it back in Grad School - it's been around for a while and has always been free. and helps with everything, spelling, Grammar, transitional words, word quality,etc even gives you a grade hahah.

Try: www,PaperRater.com

- the home screen is a little confusing (with some ads) but choose the free option and agree to terms cut and paste. It is really helpful. I have wondered of this is what that company Grammerly is based on?

Hope it helps,

•••
Record videos instead. Then hire someone on Fiverr to do the transcription and post the text below your video. Win-win.

•••
Thanks guys! very good constructive feedback, my writing sucks - I know that. Im working on it, but the idea of doing a vid and then throwing it to someone on fiverr sounds like a good option.

•••
change the logo
re-design the header
design the footer

delete radius css in READ MORE button.
your icons have no radius, so delete it also from the button

check the comment zone below the post, I see it moved right

the rest I like, very clean and looks profesional

My review is just about related with the visual part of your blog, the design

Last edited:
•••
You're doing great!

Few things I noticed..
The shop/themes page seems to be all out of wack.

You can do a lot better with your email optin form in the sidebar. Try collecting emails as much as possible to build that list and relationship with your readers.

Offer a free lead magnet like an ebook, report of video series. If you can't write one yourself, jump on fiverr and hire someone to do the lot.

You probably should have a form in the sidebar, under each blog post and the popup - but give something away that people will throw their email at you for..

Some of your pages have big blocks of text, especially your about page. These big blocks of text are mountains of text for mobile phone readers. So, when writing your blog posts try and think of them as well.

Your style of writing is perfectly fine but you can definitely break your text up with more heading and images to make it more appealing.

Use those images to show visuals of what you're writing about so they can paint more of a clearer picture. Brian Dean does an amazing job of that here - https://backlinko.com/seo-tools

The mix of colors, I'm a little for and against - it does look fun but a little confusing sometimes but now I'm just being picky..

Other than that, keep on blogging. Keep things real and help people learn as much as possible.

I'm a full time affiliate marketer and run a FB group that's rapidly growing, the main things I try and teach is to help people find the solutions to their problems and answer questions they're asking - the product/s you're promoting is the solution/answer..

Do this and you'll build trust and relationships which makes it easier to convert them into sales

Ohh and if you're not on Youtube - jump on it as it's a great source of traffic for this niche. Help people and give a heap of value and you'll build a following pretty quickly.

Good luck and congrats on your success in the gambling industry.
Wazza

•••
Hey guys, thanks for the constructive feedback I really appreciate that!

The blog seems to be hitting some good keywords in the SERP's and TBH I'm not getting much traffic, but I'm getting a high conversion rate. I'm building some windows app that's I'm hoping to sell to track users profits (micro payments mainly).Hopefully can generate more £ from it.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back