IT.COM

question Parking - Did it reduce your lander-based sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
Did you notice reduction in sales after parking your domains for revenue? (e.g. Sedo, Afternic, Voodoo, Bodis etc). And by how much?

I'm currently weighting whether to use parking revenue or not.

Well, the thing is, any intermediary step and not showing the sales offer directly has some inherent impact on sales. I'd like to know how much it has been for you.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

since i've always used ppc pages,
then i couldn't speak on any impact it may have had on sales.

however.....
the ppc income has provided capital to renew many domains in the portfolio,
thus the need to sell domain names from it... to maintain it, is lower.
(between domainsponsor and sedo alone, all-time earned 6 figures in ppc)

so, in that scenario, one can afford to hold domains longer while waiting for the "right buyer".

also, i've had sales and received many inquires via parked pages,
so interested parties do have the option to contact you.

imo...

•••
@biggie Im still proud of my all time earnings wish I took a screenshot of my old Domainsponsor stats

•••
@biggie Im still proud of my all time earnings wish I took a screenshot of my old Domainsponsor stats

Hi

DS won't show your all time stats by domain from inception like voodoo, bodis or sedo,, but i did take a screenshot back in 2006 for first two weeks in November of that year

dsnames1.gif

also, if you're using Parkingcrew, they have archived domain stats before 2018.
so if you parked there since 2015, when they first launched,, can't see totals from 2015 to date.
even though they still show 'all-time" earnings. you have to request that data and they send it in excel as an attachment.

imo....

•••
Did you notice reduction in sales after parking your domains for revenue? (e.g. Sedo, Afternic, Voodoo, Bodis etc).
No.

Credible marketplace lander has sense only for BIN-domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back