Dynadot

question Impact of a Bodis for sale link on parking revenue?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
2 days ago I got a mail from afternic about a price request on one of my domains. It was a domain parked at bodis, and the offer probably came from the previous owner of the name.

I open up afternic and seems like the price request came 3 weeks before I actually got the email.

For reasons like this and others, I'm wondering what would happen if I included a DAN link on my bodis parking landers.

Those who can speak from experience, does the parking revenue get affected negatively? How much?

I'd like to know just so I don't waste time waiting for sales like this and calculating data.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a question that I've been trying to answer for a very long time.

In short, I don't think anyone can give an accurate answer since the earnings fluctuate so much that it's extremely hard to make any measurements.
Sometimes, I can see people clicking the banner (you can actually see that via ParkingCrew's banners) and at the same time that same visit earns you money by clicking an ad.

What you might want to do is what I do, ie. for domains that I'm more interested in selling rather than earning from parking, I set the sales banner at the top.
For domains that earning through parking is of priority, I set the sales banner to the bottom.

One might thing that those bottom banners will be overlooked but they aren't; somehow, people that are really interested to contact, they notice them and they click them... even those ParkingCrew's tiny 2-word ones at the bottom.

•••
What you might want to do is what I do, ie. for domains that I'm more interested in selling rather than earning from parking, I set the sales banner at the top.
For domains that earning through parking is of priority, I set the sales banner to the bottom.

That can be tricky to judge. I had a domain that would have earned me about $150 in a year. I probably paid between 50 and 100 usd for it. It's not a marketable domain and all things considered, it's one that should definitely be kept for revenue and not sold.

But I sold it for $1500 which is miles above what would have got from it from parking. The buyer contacted a GD broker to check if it was for sale. What if it was someone who didn't know or necessarily want to do it?

I wonder if I have prevented any other sales by not including a banner. I might need to try it for myself.

•••
2 days ago I got a mail from afternic about a price request on one of my domains. It was a domain parked at bodis, and the offer probably came from the previous owner of the name.

I open up afternic and seems like the price request came 3 weeks before I actually got the email.

For reasons like this and others, I'm wondering what would happen if I included a DAN link on my bodis parking landers.

Those who can speak from experience, does the parking revenue get affected negatively? How much?

I'd like to know just so I don't waste time waiting for sales like this and calculating data.
Hello @Lord Antares,

When the default sale banner is enabled, it is usually the first thing a visitor sees, along with the domain name title, when they arrive on the parking lander. For this reason, our default sale banners are subtle, so as not to distract too much from the Related Search Terms.

However, our sale banners are versatile, and can be modified according to the needs of our clients. As mentioned by @Hypersot, the sale banner location can be modified (top/bottom), along with the the style, for those that are more or less sale oriented.

If you would like to take domain inquiries or link your parking landers to a third party marketplace, but are worried about the impact this may have on your parking earnings, we recommend sticking to the default 'Blend In' sale banners and/or place the banner at the bottom of your parking landers.

If you require any assistance implementing any of these settings, please feel free to open a Bodis support ticket and I'll get back to you shortly.

Thank you.

•••
That can be tricky to judge. I had a domain that would have earned me about $150 in a year. I probably paid between 50 and 100 usd for it. It's not a marketable domain and all things considered, it's one that should definitely be kept for revenue and not sold.

But I sold it for $1500 which is miles above what would have got from it from parking. The buyer contacted a GD broker to check if it was for sale. What if it was someone who didn't know or necessarily want to do it?

I wonder if I have prevented any other sales by not including a banner. I might need to try it for myself.
How do I add banner at the top or bottom at parkingcrew or other spaces? Thanks for sharing!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back