Dynadot

.tv Parked.tv ~ First Ever WordPress Theme Created for .TV - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Dear Friends,

For a long time I have been looking for a better solution for my .tv domain names then the boring parked pages with zero video content we get from most parking companies.

Finally I decided enough! It is not a secret that .tv does not get the same type of type in traffic that .com does and I wanted something that would help get the domains indexed in the search engines and have a centric video theme. And because I have so many names, I wanted something that would be easy to set-up and manage yet look clean and professional. This way when a potential end user comes to see the site they will realize there is a serious seller behind the name.

The theme comes in 7 colors and was designed to help you sell your .tv domain names or any other extension that can benefit from video.

What you see has been in the works for the last few months and is version 1.1.

I have a couple of NP'ers who are beta testing the theme for me now and giving my feedback as the idea is to make it as beneficial as possible and as affordable as possible for every domainer.

I created 7 sites for you to check out, one of each color:

OldWest.tv

Desktops.tv

Ducks.tv

Stroller.tv

BookShop.tv

Genealogist.tv

Startup.tv

Check them out as I would appreciate your feedback and questions in this thread.

I'm trying to keep the price affordable and the price includes hosting so there is no need to worry about that. Right now the price I will launch with will be $10 for 10 names + $1 set-up fee per name. I am curious to your thoughts on that as well.

I will have larger packages for those with more than 10 names, but I need to keep things manageable. PayPal will be the payment method and you can pay me by month or for the full year. If you want to change a name the cost is $1.

The theme will come with an instruction doc, but I have kept things very simple and you can create one of these sites in less than 5 minutes. I also plan on creating videos that will make it even easier to use.

If you are interested then please PM me as I will launch with just 10 clients in October and then see how to scale from there.
:laugh:
Richard

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Users will have to determine how much marketing and/or development effort they are willing to put into any one domain, but given that marketers normally are going to be watching out for their competitors, I believe Parked.tv sites have a decent chance of eventually getting noticed. On the other hand, those direct marketing emails tend to get deleted, ignored, or never make it to the right contact. Setting up a site is far less labor-intensive than an email marketing campaign which if it doesn't result in sale, you are left with nothing. The Parked.tv sites do have monetization options which likely will expand in time. If a site can eventually cover its renewal fees or even make a little money, the urgency to sell quickly diminishes.

•••
Users will have to determine how much marketing and/or development effort they are willing to put into any one domain, but given that marketers normally are going to be watching out for their competitors, I believe Parked.tv sites have a decent chance of eventually getting noticed. On the other hand, those direct marketing emails tend to get deleted, ignored, or never make it to the right contact. Setting up a site is far less labor-intensive than an email marketing campaign which if it doesn't result in sale, you are left with nothing. The Parked.tv sites do have monetization options which likely will expand in time. If a site can eventually cover its renewal fees or even make a little money, the urgency to sell quickly diminishes.

My plan is to actually use targeted adds on Facebook to bring people to the site to see if they will buy it. So if I'm selling coffee.tv I will target keywords coffee industry etc...

•••
i think people should also be busy writing articles on the blog so the sites go higher up the seach and then they can be seen with the sales price

google will pick up your text not your videos , so if you have niche subject just a some small regular posts should get you up there

•••
I think richard is being modest here by not replying to the 'big up' equity78 just bestowed.

Equity78- if this is true then there is no better place for a domain newbie to hang out.

I saw someone here mention premiere tv was on sedo auction today.. i searched on premiere.tv and it didnt even come up on the first page.. dont where it did 790 results ..didnt stick around to find out.

if this is the luv .tv gets out there then looks like richard is trailblazing.

cheers to one and all out there its been a great 1st week of .tv domaining

tj

•••
if you wanted to tart up the logo / header title ( top left of the page) what type of graphic file would you need to incorporate. I am anticpating quoting size / resolution / foramt to any graphic artist logo designer.

OK..a graphic guy i found here at namepros tells me:
wordpress theme can install any logo with .png file and header with JPEG and .GIF so i will provide u the .png transparent logo design file .

So..if i gave you one of those files can we do some cosmetics to pimp the page?
( sorry not a website person)
tj

Last edited:
•••
Originally Posted by ixex I would like to know what other Ad Codes there are out there and what others are using, or planning to utilize for their ads.

I am aware of:
Google's AdSense
Amazon Widgets, Banners etc.
Ebay

Thanks!

haven't thought that far in advance :)

Any specific ones you would like to use and i can test them if you wish.

I believe another affiliate service would be Clickbank.com.

Not sure about Textlinks.com

•••
do a google search for affiliates

•••
I suspect that the CTR for an Adsense block on these sites will be around 1% while the buy through rate for an Amazon.com or other affiliate will be far less. Given the typical payout for an Adsense click or a rate affiliate payment, why waste that valuable space? My plan is to save it for a text ad for relevant advertisers.

•••
i'll go with adsense before amazon

•••
100 Parked.tv sites launched though I still need to place the network links on the last 50. Another positive from this process is that it has forced me to take a look at my pricing which on many domains I came to realize was just too cheap. True, they had not sold yet but given the difficulty of finding product/service domains with search volume I would have been disappointed selling those domains at the prices they were listed at a few weeks ago. Based on prior experience I believe the Spanish domains are going to rank well - less competition.

•••
streammovies.tv is the latest addition

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
do we know when api updates yet ?

•••
•••
If you are going to use google adsense on your site here is the privacy policy

http://serprank.com/privacy-policy-generator/index.php

put in your site and contact , then cut an paste onto add a page on your site and then publish ........easy and you are within google terms

Ok, in the next version of the theme I have figured out the privacy policy for those that want it or is using adsense. I have created a new template called "General Page" where you can create a page, call it Privacy and post your privacy policy and choose the "General Page" template. You can see it in use at http://coffee.tv

Thanks for the link to the easy privacy policy generator. It works great!

Here it is again: http://serprank.com/privacy-policy-generator/index.php

Working hard to get ready for our official launch on November 1st!

•••
the posts are so much better now the footer drops down with the length, this is a major improvement , good stuff !

still looking to swap links , remember links is what gets you noticed by google

•••
•••
By API updates, does this mean the Parked.tv video results could potentially change depending on how Youtube ranks the videos related to the target search phrase/s? If so, I wonder how the search engines would interpret those video changes i.e. content refreshes. Eventually I'll try to get some textual content on the pages, but I have a lot of sites so it will take a while.

•••
FYI I had been posting my Parked.tv sites in the developed minisites thread and just discovered that a new rule has been implemented retroactively that one cannot post more than five sites in one post. All but five of my sites were eliminated from the thread. I suppose trying to repost the other sites in separate threads would be counterproductive. I believe Parked.tv is a great service for promoting .TV domains, but the extension continues to find opposition even within the industry...

•••
•••
Yes, everyday!

are you saying sites should be updating or not ?

i am unsure if we are waiting for the 1st of nov for the change in the api , as stated no updating of videos on my sites, so unsure where i stand ? just wondering if it is working or do we wait a few days for new version , thanks

•••
are you saying sites should be updating or not ?

i am unsure if we are waiting for the 1st of nov for the change in the api , as stated no updating of videos on my sites, so unsure where i stand ? just wondering if it is working or do we wait a few days for new version , thanks

Nothing is being changed to the API for November 1st. Are you sure that all the videos on all your sites are the same everyday?

•••
if you go to sexychannel you will see two videos of a girl in an orange bikini (frontpage) comeback this time tomorrow and they will still be there , sorry but am unable to notice any videos changing , can anyone confirm if they are updating

•••
if you go to sexychannel you will see two videos of a girl in an orange bikini (frontpage) comeback this time tomorrow and they will still be there , sorry but am unable to notice any videos changing , can anyone confirm if they are updating

They don't change automatically all the time since very often the results for the search on YouTube will be the same. If you go to http://startup.tv I can tell you that some of those videos are new.

•••
i guess i will have to monitor this because i have not seen any change in four sites to date , so i will keep you updated

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back