Domain Empire

.tv Parked.tv ~ First Ever WordPress Theme Created for .TV - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Dear Friends,

For a long time I have been looking for a better solution for my .tv domain names then the boring parked pages with zero video content we get from most parking companies.

Finally I decided enough! It is not a secret that .tv does not get the same type of type in traffic that .com does and I wanted something that would help get the domains indexed in the search engines and have a centric video theme. And because I have so many names, I wanted something that would be easy to set-up and manage yet look clean and professional. This way when a potential end user comes to see the site they will realize there is a serious seller behind the name.

The theme comes in 7 colors and was designed to help you sell your .tv domain names or any other extension that can benefit from video.

What you see has been in the works for the last few months and is version 1.1.

I have a couple of NP'ers who are beta testing the theme for me now and giving my feedback as the idea is to make it as beneficial as possible and as affordable as possible for every domainer.

I created 7 sites for you to check out, one of each color:

OldWest.tv

Desktops.tv

Ducks.tv

Stroller.tv

BookShop.tv

Genealogist.tv

Startup.tv

Check them out as I would appreciate your feedback and questions in this thread.

I'm trying to keep the price affordable and the price includes hosting so there is no need to worry about that. Right now the price I will launch with will be $10 for 10 names + $1 set-up fee per name. I am curious to your thoughts on that as well.

I will have larger packages for those with more than 10 names, but I need to keep things manageable. PayPal will be the payment method and you can pay me by month or for the full year. If you want to change a name the cost is $1.

The theme will come with an instruction doc, but I have kept things very simple and you can create one of these sites in less than 5 minutes. I also plan on creating videos that will make it even easier to use.

If you are interested then please PM me as I will launch with just 10 clients in October and then see how to scale from there.
:laugh:
Richard

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
is the new version released ?

•••
Yes, everyone will be updated with the latest release by the end of tomorrow. Most have already been done!

•••
I'm not sure if Parked.tv has the resources to do this but it would be a useful service (additional cost) for those with many domains and who would be interested in a complete setup. The client would have to pre-specify contact email, the channels within the network, desired color setting, domain marketplace location (SEDO, TDNam, etc) so that the buy link could be set up. However, this could save a good 15 minutes per domain which for a 50+ domain setup would be a significant time savings - especially for those who do domaining part time. Just an idea.

Understandably there would be no way for Parked.tv to set up Google Analytics code or Adsense code.

•••
I'm not sure if Parked.tv has the resources to do this but it would be a useful service (additional cost) for those with many domains and who would be interested in a complete setup. The client would have to pre-specify contact email, the channels within the network, desired color setting, domain marketplace location (SEDO, TDNam, etc) so that the buy link could be set up. However, this could save a good 15 minutes per domain which for a 50+ domain setup would be a significant time savings - especially for those who do domaining part time. Just an idea.

Understandably there would be no way for Parked.tv to set up Google Analytics code or Adsense code.

I had put a lot of thought into doing is as you describe above, but it would be a much larger project in terms of time and cost. I decided to go the simpler route for now :)

Buy the way, everyone has been upgraded to the latest version of the theme! Enjoy!

•••
Great job Richard and I think its important that you stress what you mentioned earlier. Parked.tv is not a new mini site company. Its to be used for domain sales presentation and marketing. Again IMO

•••
Great job Richard and I think its important that you stress what you mentioned earlier. Parked.tv is not a new mini site company. Its to be used for domain sales presentation and marketing. Again IMO

Yup! That is the niche I am going after, just a better way to represent your .tv names.

If we are going to market our .tv names for sale to an enduser, what do you think will increase your chances and your value? A sedo page or a parked.tv page.

That is the solution I am trying to offer.

•••
Yes, I do view the Parked.tv sites as more of a marketing tool than a development platform. Consequently I'm not that worried about Google Adsense for Parked.tv sites. However, any features which help a site to rank or be monetized will make one's negotiating position stronger.

•••
Well you bring up a good point Leonard. Its finding that balance so Richard can do that and keep the platform economical for all using.

•••
Anyone know where else on NamePros I can post about selling this theme? LOL, I've been on just the .tv section for so many years that I forgot what the other places are. Thanks!!

•••
•••
•••
can we add a page for privacy policy/other stuff ?

•••
•••
Richard i know how to add an page, i have my own wordpress blogs i was trying to avoid watching five videos to find out if there is anything special i have to do , so next suggestion is that you title your videos like you did for histats ......heaps better i think , cheers

ok ...... went to template options

Last edited:
•••
•••
The tutorial videos are nice touch Richard.

•••
yes the videos are handy , but they need to be titled for easier reference

•••
OK .... a bit late to the game but I started on a few of my sites.
OnlineSchool.TV, MoneyBusiness.TV, iAmerica.TV, Jester.TV and
NetStreamTV.com They need some tweaking.

Thank You Richard :great: for all your help and your incredibly quick
and friendly response. I can tell your heart is in this baby. A very
comforting fact I might add.

NN

I've just playing with the theme for steaks.tv. I have to say, I am really impressed with what I've been able to do in about 10 minutes. And that it's scalable, so more information, articles, etc. can be added at any time.

Thanks Richard for providing this excellent resource and great service. You've made my work a whole lot easier.

Can I trouble you for a more detailed explanation on swapping the
home page and making it static ....? Anyway your sites look great
and your direction is one I would like to follow.

NN

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back