Dynadot

.tv Parked.tv ~ First Ever WordPress Theme Created for .TV - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Dear Friends,

For a long time I have been looking for a better solution for my .tv domain names then the boring parked pages with zero video content we get from most parking companies.

Finally I decided enough! It is not a secret that .tv does not get the same type of type in traffic that .com does and I wanted something that would help get the domains indexed in the search engines and have a centric video theme. And because I have so many names, I wanted something that would be easy to set-up and manage yet look clean and professional. This way when a potential end user comes to see the site they will realize there is a serious seller behind the name.

The theme comes in 7 colors and was designed to help you sell your .tv domain names or any other extension that can benefit from video.

What you see has been in the works for the last few months and is version 1.1.

I have a couple of NP'ers who are beta testing the theme for me now and giving my feedback as the idea is to make it as beneficial as possible and as affordable as possible for every domainer.

I created 7 sites for you to check out, one of each color:

OldWest.tv

Desktops.tv

Ducks.tv

Stroller.tv

BookShop.tv

Genealogist.tv

Startup.tv

Check them out as I would appreciate your feedback and questions in this thread.

I'm trying to keep the price affordable and the price includes hosting so there is no need to worry about that. Right now the price I will launch with will be $10 for 10 names + $1 set-up fee per name. I am curious to your thoughts on that as well.

I will have larger packages for those with more than 10 names, but I need to keep things manageable. PayPal will be the payment method and you can pay me by month or for the full year. If you want to change a name the cost is $1.

The theme will come with an instruction doc, but I have kept things very simple and you can create one of these sites in less than 5 minutes. I also plan on creating videos that will make it even easier to use.

If you are interested then please PM me as I will launch with just 10 clients in October and then see how to scale from there.
:laugh:
Richard

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice promo video.
Just too many rotation effects in my opinion.

•••
Nice promo video.
Just too many rotation effects in my opinion.

I agree. It's nicely done but I think softer transition elements would make you feel less dizzy. I think it's a distraction more than a transition.

I don't want to sound like a buzz kill because it's not meant to. I do think its good overall - negative stuff just sounds more prominent!

I think you've got a lot of people interested.

Congrats on starting the anti-sedo movement in Tv land

•••
I like the video!

Last edited:
•••
Video is great but I cant see any of your developed websites, feels like my isp is banned for some reason from your host.

•••
...how's 'bout sharing this on facebook? OK?

•••
I have yet to try parked.tv but I have a great idea, how about using a incentive for for users who sign-up,

users who park their pages should be allowed to view all the other members/domains parked with parked.tv

new domains added to parked.tv will be notified to parked.tv members either by email or newsletter.

any more ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

•••
.TV domains will not naturally get type-in traffic and the proponents of .TV normally argue how well it fits with video-oriented sites. Now a lot of non-developers are getting into the .TV space. Parked.tv offers a quick (not 5 minutes) solution to getting a site indexed, allowing the site owner to market the domain and opens the possibility for futher development down the road. Keep in mind that site age is a limiting factor with any new website so at least you get the clock started. Of course the .TV & minisite critics will still be critical but keep in mind Parked.tv is still in its infancy. As users make suggestions for improvement and some get implemented, the design, layout and monetization options could become a powerful tool in the .TV domain investor's arsenal.

•••
i have no interest in a twitter link or facebook link , i do think the like button is good , because i don't use these they are dead links and do nothing which on front page is not good, so a smart move to delete them .........my 2 cents , regarding video it keeps buffering when i watch so hard to gauge but it seems fine to me

Last edited:
•••
I suppose I could do without the Twitter and Facebook links as well. What would be nice would be a little more space in the top text space for putting more basic text related to the topic (text on the landing page is probably more critical for ranking). Also, I have noticed that some of my Parked.tv sites have dark text for the title while others have white text but I'm not sure why. I prefer the darker text.

While I kind of doubt this is possible but one thing which would save time on the setup would be the ability to do bulk changes for certain settings across all sites within one's group of sites. For example, the sites within my network, the contact email, etc.

•••
yes good point about the text, i wrote mine in the box supplied and went to the site only to see some of it was covered up by the main video so i had to shorten the paragraph so it sat on to of the main video display , i am wondering if the twitter / facebook links will go away or be optional in the new version , so find out i guess, again i say do some blogging to help your site

•••
i have no interest in a twitter link or facebook link , i do think the like button is good , because i don't use these they are dead links and do nothing which on front page is not good, so a smart move to delete them .........my 2 cents , regarding video it keeps buffering when i watch so hard to gauge but it seems fine to me

Thanks everyone for all your feedback! Much appreciated!

As far as twitter and facebook links goes if you do not put in the link in the wp-admin then the icons won't show up. I put them in because normally when I'm selling a name I believe it has more value if you also have a matching twitter id and facebook page that goes with it. Gives it more value imo.

Working hard on getting this launched this week!

•••
i think my version they are automatically embedded in the front page but can we take it the new version offers a chance to remove , i am unsure if a person who purchased a name/site would wish to keep it in it's current format , please note this is constructive feedback but if i spent $1000+ on a site i would want more than adsense or amazon to earn income and the figure of $1000 is ultra conservative considering what some people here are asking , i think these sites are more of a promotion for the actual domain name rather than a permanent site. Many more pages would have to be added to make the sites more comprehensive and allow for the opportunity for the owner to have lots of affiliate links and maybe even a directory or chance to get a sponser/advertiser who could maybe have their own page on the site. It will be interesting to see if a site does in fact cover its costs , hosting and name reg , the cost of regging a name is not your fault richard but it is a factor to be considered in the big picture, but at this point i am happy to try 4 sites for a year and then assess

another feature could be a inbuilt forum as well ...... it seems there is always something that needs to be done when working on development, as stated just constructive feedback , good luck with the launch !

•••
Yes, while it is great that the API automatically pulls topic-related videos, it would be nice to have the option to have more control over which videos appear in the top slots. Having control over the top 8-10 videos (maybe more?) really opens up site monetization potential. Alternatively if a buyer buys the Parked.tv site and can designate which videos appear, imagine the value if a real estate agent acquires one of my geo .TV domains.

Last edited:
•••
ultimately the buyer would have to have a youtube account and make their videos the category that go on the site if it was to run in this format , could suit some for sure. The thing is there is always something else that can be added and changed , quite hard to please all no doubt , it just depends what you are trying to achieve

•••
Thanks for all the suggestions. Being able to choose all the videos on the first page is something I will look into.

The thing is, as you guys mention above, the purpose of this theme is to be a better option than SEDO (and others) in order to sell your domain name. By giving a potential buyer a nicer theme to come to to see how the name can be used as well as all the stat info it shows that you are serious about selling the name.

Even though the theme acts as a mini-site and you I give you options to build it out more with the blog, the main idea was to help you sell the name to an end user and not to make it into a full blown site.

Please keep the ideas and constructive criticism coming!

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Hey guys, I'm looking for some testimonials for the website. If you are interested please send me a quote (hopefully positive) and a photo of yourself, and company or website name. Please email it to [email protected]

Thanks!

•••
I wouldn't expect much in terms of search rank for the first three months but regardless the following Parked.tv sites are ranking as follows for the primary keywords...

CubanRestaurant.net - Google p5
MarketingPromotions.net - Google p5
Minimotos.net - Google p1; Yahoo p2
SportsDrinks.org - Google p5

Adelgazar.tv (Spanish - lose weight) Yahoo p1
Anillos.tv (Spanish - rings) Yahoo p2
CarrosdeLujo.net (Spanish- luxury cars) Google p2
ComputadoraPersonal.net (Spanish - personal computer) Google p1
Cortometraje.tv (Spanish - short film) Yahoo p1
Deportista.tv (Spanish - athlete) Yahoo p2
EstadosFinancieros.net (Spanish - financial statements) Google p2
Golfista.tv (Spanish - golfer) Yahoo p1, Google p3
Impuestos.tv (Spanish - taxes) Yahoo p2
IslasGalapagos.net (Spanish - Galapagos Islands) Google p4;
Mercadeo.tv (Spanish - marketing) Google p1; Yahoo p1
NegocioPorInternet.com (Spanish - internet business) Google p1
Obesidad.tv (Spanish - obesity) Yahoo p3
PYME.tv (Spanish - small & medium business) Yahoo p2
RopadeHombre.net (Spanish - men's clothing) Google p1
RopadeMujer.net (Spanish - women's clothing) Google p2
Todoterrenos.tv (Spanish - ATVs) Yahoo p1
VestidosdeBoda.net (Spanish - wedding dresses) Google p3

•••
Hey guys, I need a couple of quotes for the website. If you can help me out please email me to [email protected]:

1. Your Name
2. Your Company Name or URL
3. Your quote (not more than a few lined)
4. Your photo or logo, but photo is preferred

Thanks so much!

•••
•••
•••
To be honest I don't even know who to ask. Or why that would happen. Can you ask your ISP?

•••
I did, its about your end, hosting and isp serving them :(

•••
Giving you all a sneak peak. This is going live tomorrow!

http://parked.tv/beta/index.php

As I am very familiar with wordpress, I personally think wordpress is the premiere way to get high search engine rankings at the moment.

My first impression of the original version was that it was terrible. No offense to you or anyone, it was about as basic as 2010, the oem theme.

After viewing the beta version, I think the business model is intelligent. It makes sense, and hopefully money.

On a design note, I'm happy to see a change to your homepage. I think the actual pages could use the ability to add a custom header image, and if possible some jquery enhanced sliders so it will might show on a mobile.

Im very curious about the backend. As a customer it might be nice to see some screenshots. Is there a custom admin panel? From experience I know how wordpress is setup and it would not be self explanitory. What options are available to the customer, is it a full WP backend? A limited WP custom admin panel? Or is it something seperate all together?

If people are looking to get high rankings asap, this is the way to do it. I made jeffpetersonguitar.com for my client, and it comes up #1 when you search for jeffpeterson haha! Take that jeffpeterson.com!

•••
Richard tell your hosting provider to unban Netone's ips (Netone is Greek ISP)

•••
Richard tell your hosting provider to unban Netone's ips (Netone is Greek ISP)

We are now live!!!

I will look into this!

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

As I am very familiar with wordpress, I personally think wordpress is the premiere way to get high search engine rankings at the moment.

My first impression of the original version was that it was terrible. No offense to you or anyone, it was about as basic as 2010, the oem theme.

After viewing the beta version, I think the business model is intelligent. It makes sense, and hopefully money.

On a design note, I'm happy to see a change to your homepage. I think the actual pages could use the ability to add a custom header image, and if possible some jquery enhanced sliders so it will might show on a mobile.

Im very curious about the backend. As a customer it might be nice to see some screenshots. Is there a custom admin panel? From experience I know how wordpress is setup and it would not be self explanitory. What options are available to the customer, is it a full WP backend? A limited WP custom admin panel? Or is it something seperate all together?

If people are looking to get high rankings asap, this is the way to do it. I made jeffpetersonguitar.com for my client, and it comes up #1 when you search for jeffpeterson haha! Take that jeffpeterson.com!

Thanks so much! I have details of the admin in the tutorials http://parked.tv/tutorial.php Are you saying I should put some screenshots on another page as well? Thanks!

•••
We are now live!!!

I will look into this!

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Congrats on going live!

Thanks so much! I have details of the admin in the tutorials http://parked.tv/tutorial.php Are you saying I should put some screenshots on another page as well? Thanks!

Thanks for your reply, I did indeed check out the tutorials, I still think a screenshot of the back end on this page, would be great.

http://parked.tv/features.php

The video was small and it was hard to make out, but it looked like a full WP backend?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back