NameSilo

.tv Parked.tv ~ First Ever WordPress Theme Created for .TV - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Dear Friends,

For a long time I have been looking for a better solution for my .tv domain names then the boring parked pages with zero video content we get from most parking companies.

Finally I decided enough! It is not a secret that .tv does not get the same type of type in traffic that .com does and I wanted something that would help get the domains indexed in the search engines and have a centric video theme. And because I have so many names, I wanted something that would be easy to set-up and manage yet look clean and professional. This way when a potential end user comes to see the site they will realize there is a serious seller behind the name.

The theme comes in 7 colors and was designed to help you sell your .tv domain names or any other extension that can benefit from video.

What you see has been in the works for the last few months and is version 1.1.

I have a couple of NP'ers who are beta testing the theme for me now and giving my feedback as the idea is to make it as beneficial as possible and as affordable as possible for every domainer.

I created 7 sites for you to check out, one of each color:

OldWest.tv

Desktops.tv

Ducks.tv

Stroller.tv

BookShop.tv

Genealogist.tv

Startup.tv

Check them out as I would appreciate your feedback and questions in this thread.

I'm trying to keep the price affordable and the price includes hosting so there is no need to worry about that. Right now the price I will launch with will be $10 for 10 names + $1 set-up fee per name. I am curious to your thoughts on that as well.

I will have larger packages for those with more than 10 names, but I need to keep things manageable. PayPal will be the payment method and you can pay me by month or for the full year. If you want to change a name the cost is $1.

The theme will come with an instruction doc, but I have kept things very simple and you can create one of these sites in less than 5 minutes. I also plan on creating videos that will make it even easier to use.

If you are interested then please PM me as I will launch with just 10 clients in October and then see how to scale from there.
:laugh:
Richard

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another note - avoid using apostrophes for the keywords that Youtube should search for. To avoid complications, I ended up using the phrase "Womens Fashion" instead of "Women's Fashion"

•••
If you are going to use google adsense on your site here is the privacy policy

http://serprank.com/privacy-policy-generator/index.php

put in your site and contact , then cut an paste onto add a page on your site and then publish ........easy and you are within google terms

Last edited:
•••
Well now the initial development is finished for these 4:

TrainRide.tv
MindTrip.tv
Facelift.tv
CarDetailing.tv

Last edited:
•••
I have twenty up and running now and plan to order more after I get everything up and running. Funny thing as I get these launched my price expectations often go higher as it is easier to visualize how these could be valuable assets for an end user.

•••
Just spent a little time on www.ladiesfashion.tv

although i am wonder what if your site is not for sale ?

•••
This platform can not only be used as a marketing tool for .TV domains by showing relevant videos but there are monetization options even beyond a simple Adsense or affiliate block. One could charge a small fee for position #1 video placement or use the ad block for a text-based ad. Perhaps in a future version additional ad blocks could be created so that ad space could be sold which is likely to generate more reveneue than Adsense. Many possibilities...

•••
i can't get the about page to show up ?
or the google privacy page

www.BusinessShow.Tv

i have dragged the pages widget into the sidebar ?

any ideas ?

the about page is where we can add our text and add weight to the site so its quite important

i have other sites with a posts on tyhe front page and pages in the sidebar ? ......stumped

Last edited:
•••
Halfway through my list & up to 25...
HousingMarket.tv GourmetMeals.tv ItalianCuisine.tv Extraterrestrial.tv LessonPlans.tv FlagFootball.tv Interviewing.tv BonitaSprings.tv Lawrenceville.tv WomensFashion.tv Hispanics.tv MarcoIsland.tv
PassiveIncome.tv SingleParents.tv Cyclist.tv ComputerRepair.tv WorkoutPrograms.tv OfficeFurniture.tv Organization.tv Kennesaw.tv Baldness.tv FormalDresses.tv LegalServices.tv OnlineStore.tv
StateofIsrael.tv

•••
Finished first phase of the last 2 of the initial 10:

PetTraining.tv
ModelBuilding.tv

B-)

•••
•••
Until I get through my list I'm not going to worry about blog posts or Adsense. I believe I'll leave the ad block for a direct sales inquiry. Besides until the site has decent traffic, how much would one make from Adsense or an affiliate block anyway? I believe Parked.tv users can share ideas to help refine it into a .TV game changer.

Funny thing I was looking at one of my domains PassiveIncome and thought perhaps the price is a bit low. I checked Afternic and saw that the .COM registrant wants somewhere between $500k-$1 million. Good luck with that.

•••
Hey Freedom30..I really like your Blog pages with all the info and video going on!!

plus the Ad plugs in a variety of places!

•••
•••
That's a good question. What would you suggest?

either another advertising section or just a blank box where a bit more text can go in, even a set place where an image can go in (name the image the same as your keyword)

me, i am still wondering why i cant have the about page as an about page , it reverts back to comments ,,,,,,, shouldn't be doing this

You should be able to run the posts in the front page and have pages in the sidebar/header section , the two blogs in my signature demonstrate this

also i cannot put any links up although i have clicked and dragged to sidebar (both)is anyone else having this problem ?

Last edited:
•••
the following are looking to swap links in the footer section

BusinessShow/Tv
LadiesFashion/Tv
SexyChannel/Tv

also

bikinis/tv
blonde/tv

front page links only please

send me a pm with your swap link name

Last edited:
•••
48 of 50 sites complete; almost done with round 1...

•••
quick question : the video titles dont appear for those embedded linked below the main video? Is that design decision or a limitation?

cheers,
tj

•••
quick question : the video titles dont appear for those embedded linked below the main video? Is that design decision or a limitation?

cheers,
tj

design, wanted to keep it clean :)

•••
Its good that way, does keep it clean. I noticed that just hovering over the thumbnail gives the decsription/title of the video. That serves the purpose nicely :)

•••
•••
do the videos change after a certain time period ?

•••
•••
Now before the people who have no interest, and or have contributed nothing to this place for the last five years get started. I am not saying this is incredible development but Richard this is the best thing created to come out of here in the extensions existence for the .tv domainer. Many here are never going to develop and this is alot better than a parked page. Again IMO

•••
I suspect that for competitive terms some textual content and backlinks will be necessary for these sites to rank at Google. However, for less competitive phrases, I believe ranking at Yahoo & Bing won't be as involved. I view these sites initially as a marketing tool with monetization options (video placement, ad block sales) for those which get decent traffic. A SEDO parking page is unlikely to generate parking revenue or even be found using SEDO's search tool as SEDO now ranks .TV at the bottom of the list even for exact match domains. I rarely sell domains in any extension at Afternic & Godaddy's Premium Listings aren't available for .TV. So .TV registrants need to do something to promote their domains. I have not found email marketing to be effective but I believe this is a phenomenal way to illustrate to end users less familiar with the extension how the domain could be used for their business. Over a two-year timeframe, your marketing cost per domain would be $25 - not something you want to do for a domain you are looking to flip for $100 but I believe worthwhile at $500+.

•••
I suspect that for competitive terms some textual content and backlinks will be necessary for these sites to rank at Google. However, for less competitive phrases, I believe ranking at Yahoo & Bing won't be as involved. I view these sites initially as a marketing tool with monetization options (video placement, ad block sales) for those which get decent traffic. A SEDO parking page is unlikely to generate parking revenue or even be found using SEDO's search tool as SEDO now ranks .TV at the bottom of the list even for exact match domains. I rarely sell domains in any extension at Afternic & Godaddy's Premium Listings aren't available for .TV. So .TV registrants need to do something to promote their domains. I have not found email marketing to be effective but I believe this is a phenomenal way to illustrate to end users less familiar with the extension how the domain could be used for their business. Over a two-year timeframe, your marketing cost per domain would be $25 - not something you want to do for a domain you are looking to flip for $100 but I believe worthwhile at $500+.

I say even for a name that you want to sell for $100 :)

If you sold it on SEDO they would take $50. With Parked.tv you keep 100% of rev and you can get two years for $25 :blink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back