Dynadot

.tv Parked.tv ~ First Ever WordPress Theme Created for .TV - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Dear Friends,

For a long time I have been looking for a better solution for my .tv domain names then the boring parked pages with zero video content we get from most parking companies.

Finally I decided enough! It is not a secret that .tv does not get the same type of type in traffic that .com does and I wanted something that would help get the domains indexed in the search engines and have a centric video theme. And because I have so many names, I wanted something that would be easy to set-up and manage yet look clean and professional. This way when a potential end user comes to see the site they will realize there is a serious seller behind the name.

The theme comes in 7 colors and was designed to help you sell your .tv domain names or any other extension that can benefit from video.

What you see has been in the works for the last few months and is version 1.1.

I have a couple of NP'ers who are beta testing the theme for me now and giving my feedback as the idea is to make it as beneficial as possible and as affordable as possible for every domainer.

I created 7 sites for you to check out, one of each color:

OldWest.tv

Desktops.tv

Ducks.tv

Stroller.tv

BookShop.tv

Genealogist.tv

Startup.tv

Check them out as I would appreciate your feedback and questions in this thread.

I'm trying to keep the price affordable and the price includes hosting so there is no need to worry about that. Right now the price I will launch with will be $10 for 10 names + $1 set-up fee per name. I am curious to your thoughts on that as well.

I will have larger packages for those with more than 10 names, but I need to keep things manageable. PayPal will be the payment method and you can pay me by month or for the full year. If you want to change a name the cost is $1.

The theme will come with an instruction doc, but I have kept things very simple and you can create one of these sites in less than 5 minutes. I also plan on creating videos that will make it even easier to use.

If you are interested then please PM me as I will launch with just 10 clients in October and then see how to scale from there.
:laugh:
Richard

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are a mover and a shaker Richard!

I am wishing you the best, the absolute best in some huge success with your Parked.tv venture.
This is what we (.TV-ers) have needed for a long long time!

I am very happy to be a part of your beta-testing and as soon as I set mine up, I will gladly post them here!

Good Luck,
Vito

Last edited:
•••
StartUp.tv seems the servers are still on the move, should be up in a few hours and it is using the red theme.

•••
•••
Great job Richard! I bet you'll make life a lot more "comfortable" for a lot of people :) Rep added!

•••
would be a little careful dude parked.com has the term "parked" trademarked for use in the domain industry if I am not mistaken. Pretty sure I saw a comment or thread on this somewhere in the past

•••
would be a little careful dude parked.com has the term "parked" trademarked for use in the domain industry if I am not mistaken. Pretty sure I saw a comment or thread on this somewhere in the past

Thanks, would appreciate a link. I'm using it as a wordpress theme so I hope they won't have issues. I don't have any issues with them :)

•••
Very impressive Richard. Good job.

•••
•••
Awesome Richard! ... sending PM/e :) Thanks!!

•••
•••
Good initiative! I knew you had this under development - congrats as this is a nice way to demonstrate the potential of .TV domains at a very reasonable cost. I believe you said that for now this would only be for English domains. Regardless, I would be interested though in a package of more than ten domains. I suppose you could accept .Net domains as well as they normally don't receive type-in traffic either. I'll admit the design is much nicer than my simple version as it shows a larger video box plus more videos and allows for monetization via Adsense or Amazon affiliates.

Two concerns I would have:
-given that these sites have little text, what risk do you believe there is if an Adsense block is on the site that Google might view these as made for Adsense sites? Perhaps the domain holder whose focus is more on marketing high-end .TV domains ($1/month/site) and less on Adsense revenue would prefer to avoid the risk and leave the Adsense block blank.

-When I was looking for videos for one of my sites, I came across one video with an FBI warning at the beginning about not distributing that video etc so I decided to avoid it. I tried checking for embed codes on the ones I sourced and assumed that if the embed code was intact, the video producer had no issue with the video being distributed on other sites (free advertising). Regardless, in a number of cases I chose to avoid actual TV broadcasts. Nevertheless, there may be some cases where there is some risk. What sort of screening is done to filter for videos where there are potential copyright issues?

What are your thoughts on wording the intro text to allow for a video placement fee for relevant businesses? You could take a cut of the fee. Or would that become potentially too labor-intensive to manage?

What is your opinion on the ability to rank these sites? I have seen Yahoo and Bing more easily rank exact match domains but with Google I suspect a pure video site is going to have a tough time ranking.

•••
Good initiative! I knew you had this under development - congrats as this is a nice way to demonstrate the potential of .TV domains at a very reasonable cost. I believe you said that for now this would only be for English domains. Regardless, I would be interested though in a package of more than ten domains. I suppose you could accept .Net domains as well as they normally don't receive type-in traffic either. I'll admit the design is much nicer than my simple version as it shows a larger video box plus more videos and allows for monetization via Adsense or Amazon affiliates.

Two concerns I would have:
-given that these sites have little text, what risk do you believe there is if an Adsense block is on the site that Google might view these as made for Adsense sites? Perhaps the domain holder whose focus is more on marketing high-end .TV domains ($1/month/site) and less on Adsense revenue would prefer to avoid the risk and leave the Adsense block blank.

-When I was looking for videos for one of my sites, I came across one video with an FBI warning at the beginning about not distributing that video etc so I decided to avoid it. I tried checking for embed codes on the ones I sourced and assumed that if the embed code was intact, the video producer had no issue with the video being distributed on other sites (free advertising). Regardless, in a number of cases I chose to avoid actual TV broadcasts. Nevertheless, there may be some cases where there is some risk. What sort of screening is done to filter for videos where there are potential copyright issues?

What are your thoughts on wording the intro text to allow for a video placement fee for relevant businesses? You could take a cut of the fee. Or would that become potentially too labor-intensive to manage?

What is your opinion on the ability to rank these sites? I have seen Yahoo and Bing more easily rank exact match domains but with Google I suspect a pure video site is going to have a tough time ranking.

Thanks for your interest! PM me and I will send you the info to get started. Yes you can use any domain extension!

In answer to your questions:
1. Adsense: I am not an adsense guru, but in terms of text there is a whole blog section where you can constantly create good textual content for the site. I made sure this was put in so that clients can grow their site as large as they want to. Also you can use Amazon ads or any other ad company, your not tied into Adsense

2. Risk - There is no risk since we are using YouTube's api and they are the ones responsible for content on their site. When they pull a video it simply won't show up on one of the parked.tv sites.

3. Video placement fee - in a couple of months I will start looking into new features for a version 2.0. It will depend a lot on the feedback from the current features. Once you are signed up with Parked.tv you will always get the latest theme with all the features.

4. ranking - it is not a pure video site because of blog area and I am not a ranking guru, but I can pretty much gurantee that they will rank better then a sedo parked page :)

•••
Non of the urls resolve for me here in Greece.

•••

I can't believe I have been banned from Greece already!

Seriously though, not sure why that would be since some of the sites like stroller.tv have been up and resolving for a week.

Any ideas?

•••
Maybe u didnt lend any money to us so greek gov banned ya :D

•••
Very nice work. I think the pricing is very reasonable, too.

PM sent.

•••
Is this a monthly payment?

Do we install it on our own server space?

Do we have total control of adsense?

•••
Is this a monthly payment?

Do we install it on our own server space?

Do we have total control of adsense?

I install and host it. It is monthly payment. Yes, you have full control and all adsense revenue.

•••
Well I think if Parked.com looks into your site then they will definitely get some great cool idea for video parking.

A great effort with great work :)

Keep it up!!

•••
Well I think if Parked.com looks into your site then they will definitely get some great cool idea for video parking.

A great effort with great work :)

Keep it up!!

Thanks!

•••

Hmmm,
I just had the same problem.

I tried 2 of mine...Chicken.tv and Virus.tv - neither resolved.

But when I added the "www" to the url's chicken.tv and virus.tv - They DO resolve.

Maybe you could try that Makis.

and to Richard, how do I fix that to resolve to the non "www" url?
Is that problem on my end or your end?

Thanks,
Vito

•••
Thank you Richard for helping me :) Much appreciated!

I have a stupid question to all of you about Adsense :)
Please look atv.tv
In the right corner I see some not normal ads :) Why it looks like not as normal Adsense ads? What should I change? Size or something else?

Sorry but never put ads by myself

•••
Vito, with or without www they dont resolve.
In order to have your websites redirect mysite.tv version to MySite.TV you need to edit your .htaccess.

•••
@twomoon - those will change over a short time to 'normal looking' ads. Google normally puts 'public service ads' on new adsense blocks. Check back in a couple hours.

@RPK - Pm sent

:gl:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back