NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PowerUp said:
I don't get it. I have also visited Parked pages of other domainers in this forum and the pages show widge.com, without the meanwhile.com in the URL.

Ok In better words

Donny said:
meanwhile.com is a catch all domain for non-adult domains in countries that Yahoo doesn't support, like India, Turkey, and China for example. This is when our Ask feed is used. In some cases, about .2% of the time when a person clicks out we are not able to find the domain that was clicked out on, so our system says that the click was from meanwhile.com but we still know that the click belongs to a particular person. Normally we aren't talking about many clicks, but it's still your money, so we give it to you.

We know how the problem is happening, we just haven't been able to replicate it. But everybody is getting paid, that's the most important part.

•••
Lets say if it doesn't support my country, then why am i seeing sometimes the meanwhile URL, and at other times, I'm seeing the exact URL without the meanwhile.com?

•••
Happy belated thanksgiving everyone

Can't go wrong with a cruise. Good for him, hope he is enjoying and having some cocktails and relaxing.

Yesterday was odd in a good way. Bots picked up my sites. I am expecting this will help me and parked some. Then today, ctr is good, less views and more clicks.

Concluding on things. There are so many ups and downs to parking and the domain business. One day when I think things improve and some of my hard work pays off, I go 3 days without anything. I am saying general stuff, not just with parked.

Wish i had more time and continue to work things out with my parked account. That's my fault. One thing I thought was that the tags get filled inn when there empty?? That's one thing that will help me.

That's interesting on international names. Have a few of these.

I am expecting a lot of new accounts will flood parked next few days after bodis mishapes. I only have 25 or so names with them. Need to move them elsewhere.

Need to read this thread more often. Wish I was a hitter lol. In the kiddy pool with parked. I may email my rep, hope that goes ok and gives me specific answers on a couple factors then account looks good. we shall see, I may tweak more things, customization and try to do 25 more names this week.

Is parked planning to be mobi friendly anytime soon? Curious. Working on my other names before I decide what to do on this area.

•••
•••
dagersh said:
I'm confused: Is there a reason you've got a comma in there before the "com" instead of a dot?

i did that so it wouldn't be a link to the real widget dot com.

•••
hello Donny,

I just want to confirm before opening us bank account (a non us citizen), did parked.com accept accentbanking.com for payment?

•••
Hello everyone, I'm new to parking domains.

I sent an email to Parked.com with several question, and received an email asking to confirm my email address. When I click on the confirmation link, I receive the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ticket_get() (previously declared in /www/phpinclude/account/help/tts/tts.php:770) in /www/phpinclude/admin/cs/tts/output.php on line 35

Therefore, I will ask my general parking questions and parked.com specific questions here.

1) What is a 1 click lander??

2) Is it common for individuals who park domains to have a PPC account in order to drive traffic to their parked site?

3) Is there a way to get an estimate as to the revenue generated from a click on a site parked at parked.com? That would help in creating a profitable PPC account.

4) How does Parked.com make money since they do not charge any setup fees? Do they receive a share of the money generated per click?

5) Does Parked.com accept adult/gambling domain names?

6) Does Parked.com accept .info domains?

Think that is it for now.

Thanks everybody!

•••
whitemagic said:
Hello everyone, I'm new to parking domains.

I sent an email to Parked.com with several question, and received an email asking to confirm my email address. When I click on the confirmation link, I receive the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ticket_get() (previously declared in /www/phpinclude/account/help/tts/tts.php:770) in /www/phpinclude/admin/cs/tts/output.php on line 35

Therefore, I will ask my general parking questions and parked.com specific questions here.

1) What is a 1 click lander??

2) Is it common for individuals who park domains to have a PPC account in order to drive traffic to their parked site?

3) Is there a way to get an estimate as to the revenue generated from a click on a site parked at parked.com? That would help in creating a profitable PPC account.

4) How does Parked.com make money since they do not charge any setup fees? Do they receive a share of the money generated per click?

5) Does Parked.com accept adult/gambling domain names?

6) Does Parked.com accept .info domains?

Think that is it for now.

Thanks everybody!

I think there might be a small bug in the ticket system but I am sure it will be fixed on Monday.

1) 1 click landers are the pages that when a visitor visits ur site they directly see the ads. With 2 click lander an individuals sees different categories and on clicking on the categories they are taken to ads..U do not get paid for click on catgories but only paid for click on ads. 1 click and 2 click landers are decided by Yahoo and all u can do to get one click landers is buy good names...

2) It is not very common for all to have a ppc account. However full time domainers usually engage in PPC. If u ever do use the big engines like adcenter and google only...Unless u want to get banned...Quality traffic is a must and priority with parked.com

3)Parked stats show RPC.

4) Parked has diffeent revenue setup for everyone.In general domainers have a 75 % share with parked.com

5) Parked does accepts those domain categories.

6) Yes parked.com accepts .info domains.

Good luck with parked.com

•••
Thanks for the quick reply! I was thinking of signing up with Ask Sponsored Listings since they have decent traffic and usually have lower CPCs than Google. Does Parked inform you if they are not satisfied with the quality of traffic you are driving to the site?

Thanks again!

Also, can I cancel my parked.com domain account at any time?

•••
whitemagic said:
Thanks for the quick reply! I was thinking of signing up with Ask Sponsored Listings since they have decent traffic and usually have lower CPCs than Google. Does Parked inform you if they are not satisfied with the quality of traffic you are driving to the site?

Thanks again!

Also, can I cancel my parked.com domain account at any time?

As long as the quality of traffic is good there are no issues...Donny has always repetedly mentioned that he want us to use the big engines..Since Parked.com aslo uses ask feeds I am unsure whether u can use Ask sponsored listing. In my opinions you cannot but Donny would have the final say on this.

You generally get a TQ score from Yahoo once ur domain reaches 100 clicks so u can always ask ur account manager what you TQ score is on the line of 1-10 with 10 being the best. That way u will know what sort of quality u r sending.

I see no reason why would u want to cancel ur parked account but I am sure mailing ur account manager will see it done ..

•••
Thanks for the reply.

Yahoo keeps being mentioned. Do they owned parked.com? I don't see anything about Yahoo in the About Us section on parked.com

•••
whitemagic said:
Thanks for the reply.

Yahoo keeps being mentioned. Do they owned parked.com? I don't see anything about Yahoo in the About Us section on parked.com

Yahoo is one of the ads feed provider for Parked

•••
PowerUp said:
Yahoo is one of the ads feed provider for Parked

Makes sense, thanks.

In that case, Donny, can I use Ask Sponsored Listings (I assume I can't use Yahoo) or can I only use Adwords or MSN AdCenter to drive traffic to my parked.com domains?

Thanks!

•••
whitemagic said:
Makes sense, thanks.

In that case, Donny, can I use Ask Sponsored Listings (I assume I can't use Yahoo) or can I only use Adwords or MSN AdCenter to drive traffic to my parked.com domains?

Thanks!

Parked.com uses Yahoo+Ask. As Donny says "Best of both the worlds".

•••
Anybody ever advertise with Looksmart? Should I consider advertising with them?

•••
I notice that some people show something other than the domain name
in the domain title - a brief description of the website for example. I
usually show the domain name but with caps where appropriate.

Does anyone have any thoughts on which approach is better? Personally
when I click on a link I would expect to see the name of the website
when it opens up.

Thanks...

•••
whitemagic said:
Anybody ever advertise with Looksmart? Should I consider advertising with them?

Donny has said many times it is best to stick with Adwords or MSN Adcenter. You would risk being banned from the program. I would ask him before doing anything else.

•••
evilopinions said:
I was just talking to one of fellow domainers/namepros member from dubai and I asked him to take a look at one of the domain for the type of ads that it was serving and I was surprised at the page that it served and so was he.....

Anyone can explain ?

I have an alternate traffic destination set
I had the same issue. Try another browser or look at the site through a proxy

•••
I'm having problems adding pictures, for some reason can get the right pic size, any ideas?

•••
Hmm, in response to various:

I get the meanwhile.com in some of my domains too, and I'm in the US and most of my domains are aimed at US traffic. I think it's more than location, it might also be any domains that Yahoo just doesn't want to serve ads to - for example, I have some drug rehab domains that include the name of the drug in them, and I see the meanwhile.com address in some (but not all) I suspect it's because Yahoo just doesn't want to deal with domains that might be pharmaceutical, even if they aren't.

As far as the pictures - try getting a photo program such as Picasa (free from Google) and resizing there.

Oh yea, domain title. If my domain is MichiganGreatWidgets.com, then I set the domain title to be Michigan Great Widgets. It's not deceptive, and since it's text, it can only help in the search engines; at worst, it won't hurt.

Lately I've been playing with color combinations for custom templates; in my mind it makes a WORLD of difference on the landers, if you set your own colors. I just discovered by accident you can click on any portion of the template (in the customization window) and the color window pops up, which is way cool. The one thing that's missing - I wish there were an option to use BLACK text in the headers instead of white. You can't use the lighter shades in the headers, because the white text won't show up; if I could change that color to black, it gives me a lot more possibilities for customizing.

The only problem is when you have lot of domains, it's pretty time consuming. I really think it helps the look though (specially when you have some extra content to add); we'll see if it helps the bottom line.

Last edited:
•••
netmeg said:
As far as the pictures - try getting a photo program such as Picasa (free from Google) and resizing there.
already did that but keep getting "Invalid image dimensions. 315x229 is not allowed" no matter what I do :'(

•••
IntelBank.com said:
Dodge is a bit bland. The refi site is great! I have yet to manage to get an image to the left and text to the right or vice versa.

Get the dodge site a bit more "spectacular".

IB
Since you can't make the div float left/right use a 2 column table.

•••
evilopinions - That banned page is when we have blocked an ip address because of abuse.

On my way back from Cozumel right now, trying to read and catch up a little. I will be back at my house around 6pm tomorrow. And will be completely back in the office on Tuesday.

Donny

•••
NPKJB said:
OK... I just fell in love with Parked.com.

I received two clicks on one of my domains yesterday for .22 cents each. WhoopDeeDoo. Well....I just logged into my account today and saw that those .22 clicks became $2.28 each!!! AWESOME!!

To most of you guys its probably chump change but to me its a big deal. I just hope I can keep getting those type of clicks on more of my domains.

So I get two more clicks again the following day for $2.28 each, NICE!

Then I check the next day and saw that it was revised to .85 cents each?

Why would it go from .22 cents to $2.28 then back down to .85? Can someone please explain this huge variance? Should I expect it to go lower the next time? If that's the case then I might as well stop my Adwords arbitrage campaign. I'll be losing money in no time!

Any explanation will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Kevin-

Last edited:
•••
IntelBank.com said:
Dodge is a bit bland. The refi site is great! I have yet to manage to get an image to the left and text to the right or vice versa.

Get the dodge site a bit more "spectacular".

IB
That better? www.dodgeturbo.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back