NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The whole Halloween thing makes me think. Do people normally expect more visitors in the winter as compared to the summer? I would assume that people spend more time indoors and would therefore be on the web more. Does anyone have any stats to be able to tell either way?

•••
IntelBank.com said:
Jeff - Google has a "Campaign Optimizer" feature, try it out and see what it does for ya. Maybe it's a step in the right direction.

IB

Well, people better be getting back home then. They have an obligation to be online and use those nifty parked sites that we prepared for their visual stimulation.
Their absence is completely unapproved and should have immediate repercussions! And by that i mean not OUR revenue to get punished...
The "people's" obvious neglect to observe the minimum CTRs that we have calculated cannot go without consequences!
Thus, the people are guilty of .... well,...me..typing crap like that. ;)

'nuff said. The jury rests.

IB

I'll try to "herd" 'em all back in for us IB! ;)

geb9696 said:
The whole Halloween thing makes me think. Do people normally expect more visitors in the winter as compared to the summer? I would assume that people spend more time indoors and would therefore be on the web more. Does anyone have any stats to be able to tell either way?

Halloween IS meant to be scary...just not with stats! :'(

•••
SDX said:
Mike, I really do think its because people are out...like for the Pumpkin Race in Manhattan Beach! :lol:

This isn't the case for me...My ROI is what's down to a really scary :ghost: level..

•••
I will probably be meeting up with Donny this week in L.A.
I will bring up all our concerns to Donny directly.

SDX

•••
DnPresident said:
This isn't the case for me...My ROI is what's down to a really scary :ghost: level..
Same here, my revenue is being cut down by 50% in the final stats. My first clicks today actually had negative ROI. Thankfully only on a small scale, yet still....

IB

•••
WOW! This is the third day in a row where my revenue gets cut by over 50% after final stats!...what's going on? I'm barely breaking even right now.....
Domains that had $1.75+ per click, are reduced to $0.39 per click...which, considering that the average CPC is $0.86 is a BAD news!

Donny, can you shed some light on this for us? There seems to be a few people experiencing the same momentum...

IB

•••
IntelBank.com said:
WOW! This is the third day in a row where my revenue gets cut by over 50% after final stats!...what's going on? I'm barely breaking even right now.....
Domains that had $1.75+ per click, are reduced to $0.39 per click...which, considering that the average CPC is $0.86 is a BAD news!

Donny, can you shed some light on this for us? There seems to be a few people experiencing the same momentum...

IB

Wow...1.75 a click! You must be picking some pretty nice keywords.

•••
Firstly, estimates are just that ... sometimes the final number actually comes in higher. It's always a nice surprise when that happens :)

Anyways, I'll toss my 2 cents in ...

1. Google has been reshuffling a lot lately.

2. Nice weather, busy time of year, etc...

3. End of month - perhaps many advertisers are exhausting their budgets.

4. Stricter fraud controls by feeds ... Parked is a well run operation, so I doubt this is a big reason, but certainly is for some parking programs right now, such as Bodis.

Are such drops occuring across other parking services, affiliate programs, etc? ... look at the larger picture ... I suspect the drops lately are just normal fluctuations, likely due in large part to various outside factors beyond Parked.com's control.

Ron

•••
Domagon said:
Firstly, estimates are just that ... sometimes the final number actually comes in higher. It's always a nice surprise when that happens :)

Anyways, I'll toss my 2 cents in ...

1. Google has been reshuffling a lot lately.

2. Nice weather, busy time of year, etc...

3. End of month - perhaps many advertisers are exhausting their budgets.

4. Stricter fraud controls by feeds ... Parked is a well run operation, so I doubt this is a big reason, but certainly is for some parking programs right now, such as Bodis.

Are such drops occuring across other parking services, affiliate programs, etc? ... look at the larger picture ... I suspect the drops lately are just normal fluctuations, likely due in large part to various outside factors beyond Parked.com's control.

Ron
Correct, Google has been shuffling a lot lately. Although, Parked is Yahoo/Ask fed, making the Google shuffle unsubstantial other than the costs of CPC on the traffic driving side.
What's concerning is the disintegration of click value that disappears after Yahoo is done working their magic. This is quickly becoming something that can't be calculated in advance, even with large(r) variables plugged into the ROI calculation.
mrizos said:
Wow...1.75 a click! You must be picking some pretty nice keywords.
Medical domain concerning Gastric Bypass. All the click value is completely in the dumpster once the final stats are done. So, yeah for a little while, $1.75 looks great and you suddenly see quite some revenue piling up...
In the end you realize that what once showed as $1.75 is now $.39 by a cost of $.86 CPC.
Medical terms are experiencing insane competition, much like financial terms. I'm relying on an almost 50% CTR on the parked page by full $ value. As soon as Yahoo kills my value, i'm running a negative campaign.
Simultaneously, the problem is with picking the keywords. I chose the ones that are affordable, with $.86 CPC i'm on the lower(st) end of the scale, barely above the threshold of getting my keyword deactivated, all the while i'm trying to observe the 5-9 spot ranking for my ad. I'm not quite sure what to do at this point, other than to eventually pause the campaign and wait for better times -- or sell the domain and get back to what i understand - aviation. :)

For the record:
Parked is definitely my #1 choice for parking domains, this is mainly based on Donny's attendance to questions, their response time and rate of success for my domains overall.
This post is not supposed to be a bitchfest, but rather an admission of my confusion regarding all this.

IB

PS: Here's a Radio Namepros idea: Interview Donny from Parked...that should be highly beneficial to all of us and will probably clear up a few questions that people have. :)

•••
:'( :'( What happen to Varon and xsd ????Where you Guy at .

•••
The only thing that saved me from breaking even was 3 clicks at "Edit" per click.

I've went from profiting around "Edit" per day to what I just told you, then I pay tax on top of that.

On the days that do look good now change drastically when the numbers settle.

Is Donny alive?

Parked has been my choice as well and would like to keep it that way.

Is there an issue with Yahoo and Parked? He said he had a meeting coming up with Yahoo..

IntelBank.com said:

IB

Last edited:
•••
mj85 said:
:'( :'( What happen to Varon and xsd ????Where you Guy at .

I don't know who xsd is...but SDX is here...no worries! :tu:
I'm actually experiencing the same thing.
I'm trying to get a hold of Donny since yesterday myself...I hope he didn't get lost in our VAST L.A. metropolis!

•••
I will give the most obvious reasons why the estimates go down so much. The estimates are from Parked not from Yahoo/Ask. Parked estimates how much we will make based mostly on previous clicks. If you have not recieved any clicks in the past on this domain, then they have nothing to go by, and they just estimate, maybe $.20 for US traffic and $.05 for international. So, when you have a lot of clicks from domains that have never gotten any clicks, your estimates will most likley be way off, because they based the estimates on very little. The more clicks a domain gets, the closer the estimates get to reality, because they are just averaging out the previous clicks for the estimate. We will sometimes get a $1.00 click on something that normally only gets $.10 and we will occasionally get $.05 clicks on domains that average $1.00. This will mess up estimates too, but I think that the main culprit is getting too many clicks on domains that they do not know what to properly estimate at. One reason why Trafficz always seems to have the biggest shock after the adjustments, is because they have overly high estimates maybe to excite people at the beginning. Parked and Namedrive are a bit more realistic with new estimates.
I know this is how some of the other parking companies mess up their estimates and I assume that this is how Parked calculates estimates too, if not, hopefull Donny will come on and correct me.

•••
:alien: Ohoo you change the photo on your Post.. SDX

•••
mj85 said:
:alien: Ohoo you change the photo on your Post.. SDX

Yup...my All-Time Favorite Predator! ;)

•••
Hi everyone... I just wanted to say that you all are very helpful in the learning curve... I have been with godaddy for the last 5 months and out of 270 links only made about $350... Not very good... Well I wish I would of found this forum berfore I purchases... Regardless here I am and would like to hear your thoughts on a few pages of mine...
We signed up for parked.com and Sedo.com and both are much better than GD... I like the flexablility of Parked.com and hope to move all to parked.com...

Anyway, some of my links are as follows... Some are with parked.com and some with sedo.. I have alot of work to do still with meta tags and design. I really need ideas on how to get some impressions or traffic... Thanks in advance... K

digital4less.com
sunny-u4.com
christiancoulter.com
leasepurchases.info
paintballbuyandsell.com
thewarez.net
leasequotes.net
ebayauto.net

•••
Could the big drop be cause by the new Blocked Domain Feature from Yahoo! ?

Blocked Domains (New!)
Now you can specify websites in our partner distribution network where you don't want your ads to appear.

•••
Sleepys said:
I will give the most obvious reasons why the estimates go down so much. The estimates are from Parked not from Yahoo/Ask. Parked estimates how much we will make based mostly on previous clicks. If you have not recieved any clicks in the past on this domain, then they have nothing to go by, and they just estimate, maybe $.20 for US traffic and $.05 for international. So, when you have a lot of clicks from domains that have never gotten any clicks, your estimates will most likley be way off, because they based the estimates on very little. The more clicks a domain gets, the closer the estimates get to reality, because they are just averaging out the previous clicks for the estimate. We will sometimes get a $1.00 click on something that normally only gets $.10 and we will occasionally get $.05 clicks on domains that average $1.00. This will mess up estimates too, but I think that the main culprit is getting too many clicks on domains that they do not know what to properly estimate at. One reason why Trafficz always seems to have the biggest shock after the adjustments, is because they have overly high estimates maybe to excite people at the beginning. Parked and Namedrive are a bit more realistic with new estimates.
I know this is how some of the other parking companies mess up their estimates and I assume that this is how Parked calculates estimates too, if not, hopefull Donny will come on and correct me.

I'm glad someone explained this. I was about to flip at the thought that my $2.29 clicks were turning into $0.08.

•••
petrosc said:
Could the big drop be cause by the new Blocked Domain Feature from Yahoo! ?
This should result in lower traffic and subsequently lower revenue, while the CTR% should remain within a predictable region. The problem is not traffic or CTR% - the problem is the differentiator between assumed revenue and final revenue numbers. Any fluctuation above a certain percentage is no longer calculable without running a "lottery type operation". While i don't mind breaking even, i do certainly mind running negative numbers or seeing my revenue dwindle by 50%
exponent said:
I'm glad someone explained this. I was about to flip at the thought that my $2.29 clicks were turning into $0.08.
That's even worse than my changes! There's gotta be some level of accuracy in the assumptions. After all, many of us are basing their adjustments on a cost/benefit analysis and depend on (somewhat) predictable ROI.

IB

•••
IntelBank.com said:
This should result in lower traffic and subsequently lower revenue, while the CTR% should remain within a predictable region.

Why would that result in lower traffic? The new feature from Yahoo suggests that an advertiser can make his ad NOT appear on your domain name. Your domain name will continue to get as much traffic as it did before, but if a few of the top bidding advertisers exclude your domain from their campaigns, then you will see a huge drop in RPC -> RPM

•••
petrosc said:
Why would that result in lower traffic? The new feature from Yahoo suggests that an advertiser can make his ad NOT appear on your domain name. Your domain name will continue to get as much traffic as it did before, but if a few of the top bidding advertisers exclude your domain from their campaigns, then you will see a huge drop in RPC -> RPM
Correct, i was looking at it from the "other side" as in my ad not appearing on their site. Sorry, my mistake. :sick:

IB

•••
dont worry about it, it happened to me a few times as well:)

•••
petrosc said:
dont worry about it, it happened to me a few times as well:)

I'm so glad to see Petros back in this thread...he's one smart cookie! :tu:

•••
My view is the Yahoo blocked domain feature is only a minor roadbump ... some folks will compile lists of "blocked" domains and then buy the lowest priced relevent keywords that fit those - I assume on "blocked" domains, Yahoo will show lower priced ads in better positions than on domains not blocked by many advertisers. Over time things will even out. Hope this makes sense - it certainly does to me :lol:

Ron

•••
What's everyone doing?

What's everyone doing? Where's everyone moving their names from parked to where? Or do you just eat it and keep waiting for answers?

I guess this is a good time to try Sedo Pro...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back