NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Located in Domain Parking Reviews started by SDX, May 12, 2007.

Replies:
Views:

1. stamp

stamp Guest Guest

donny- I have single account on namepros.You must ask to admins.I dont understand your fear.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Giode

Giode Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Are you freakin stupid? I mean seriously, get off the computer and crawl back into your cave.

Why doesn't NP management just forbid ip's from certain geo locations from joining this forum? Assuming that is possible. It would make everyone's life easier...with a lot less scamming.

3. spotedog

spotedog Established Member

Actually if you think about it isn't really that much spam think of your yahoo email box. If you ignore them they will go away. I am guilty of commenting also. I feel for Donny, because if he replies it just encourages the fly to reproduce, if he doesn't respond then, those that are new to the thread, folks might think he isn't as attentive to or whines and whimpers as he is.

It is an inherent problem with having such freedom of access. If the forum was locked down tight with extensive forms of verification, I would bet from years of experience that most, of the voices of reason that we all benefit from the wealth sharing here, wouldn't have adjusted when they first came and not be here now.

So, I say we just ignore it and put up with the small inconvenience knowing that the loser’s frustration of not receiving our attention is greater than the few seconds we have to spend skipping a useless waste of bandwidth.

So I say just ignore the moron and back to why we are here.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  4. SDX

SDX KXX.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NETMEG!!! :tu:

5. tonyfloyd

tonyfloyd Established Member

Feliz Cumpleano Netmeg!!...:)

Tony

6. netmeg

netmeg Established Member

This is the parked thread, but *thanks* ! I got an ultra hd flip camera, an ipod, and ... THIS

birthday present

7. johname

johname Planet Futbol VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

8. domainer111

domainer111 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

This would not surprise me, Varon, that CTR was down with more content added.

It will be interesting to see the new templates. I am guessing these will be new parking "no-content" pages. Or maybe I have that wrong.

I have to say I added an amazon widget to a domain and whatever reason the domain is really starting to park well. Not sure what's up here.

On the amazon widgets, I was wondering:

1) does anyone use them with success
    2) what is the best way of inserting the widget in the parked.com page?

9. SDX

Sorry domainer111, I only use an aStore from Amazon, but I'm sure someone here has widget experience :)

10. Varon

Varon Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Domainer111, I'm not sure about the new templates (about the content part). Donny would the best person to answer that.

About the widgets, I have used them and have thrown them out of my blogs. I'm not sure if the widget can be added to the parked.com page currently.

Imo, it is better to use networks like CJ and Clickbank to make better affiliate revenues. I mean, the Amazon 4%-10% commission is just way too low to make anything. Plus, now, you can't drive PPC traffic to your sites. So, your site needs to get SE traffic or pure type-ins. And, anyone who gets this kind of pure traffic, would rather monetize his site with Adsense and a mix of good affiliate programs.

I'm firmly of the opinion that adding the widget to your Parked.com domain, will totally hurt your general CTR and resulting revenues. The way I see it, an Amazon display banner is going to veer your visitor towards it and take away an instant chance from your Yahoo CTR revenue.

Amazon ads will get clicked on pretty frequently, but your chances of converting into an actual sale is around 5-10%. So, if you ended up selling a pack of candles worth $15 on Amazon after foregoing 30 visitors, you'd make around $0.60. Normally, with a CTR of around 40% on your Parked domain, you'd have made atleast more by way of clicks on your Yahoo ads.:)

Btw, it looks like the Q Scores haven't updated yesterday.

11. AWRosey

AWRosey Established Member

Donny:

PM Sent

12. Donny

Donny Top Member Voodoo.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Alan,
    Response sent.

Donny

13. spotedog

spotedog Established Member

secret squirrel
    PM Sent

14. SDX

A lot of secret PM's lately ;)

15. AWRosey

AWRosey Established Member

:lol: One of my favorite cartoons as a kid. Morocco Mole was my hero ;)

I just asked Donny to help clear up a domain conflict in my account. I didn't want to bore everyone with the details.

16. stamp

stamp Guest Guest

I'm an idiot - Look at me ! Look at me !

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
  17. Varon

Okay, I don't wanna jinx this but I've seem some awesome RPC over the past 2 days. One click for $12.53 yesterday on an insurance name. 2 clicks @ $15.59 each totaling $31.17 on a medical name. WhOO!! Really amazing. :)

Btw, I'm unable to edit my domains. I keep getting the system message "Sorry, an error occured. Please try your request again later". Anyone else having the same issue?

18. gregham2020

gregham2020 Established Member

Hey Donny can not seem to Edit domains right now...here is the error :Sorry, an error occured. Please try your request again later.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Anyone else seeing this when you try and edit a domain?

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

sorry just saw your post :) yes I am having the same issues with domain updates.....

19. tonyfloyd

Must be nice V!!

Is this with a TQ score of 10?

20. Varon

Tony, it's with a TQ of 9. :) I mean I may be either at >= 8.5 or =<9.5.

21. Donny

Sorry guys, we were doing an upgrade and well it didn't work as planned. Pulling hair out. You should be able to add/edit domains hopefully in less than an hour.

Donny

22. tonyfloyd

Fire Baron!!...:)

Monte for Lead Programmer!!!...:)

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Lol...Gotcha!....:)

23. stamp

stamp Guest Guest

:sold:

24. Donny

Tony - That one was great! Nobody is really to blame on this one, everything worked fine during our tests, then we rebooted the box and poof!

Donny

25. Varon

Yeah Seabass, it feels good. Actually, I have noticed that the lesser clicks you receive on a domain, the higher the RPC. For example, if you get around 4-5 clicks on a domain, your RPC is at its highest. It is even higher if each of those clicks were uniques and not 1 visitor clicking away 4 times.

Now another thing I noticed, which may be coincidental, is that, you get a higher RPC when your CTR is lower. Now, I may be wrong here, but I've seen it happen many times.

What are your experiences? Any similarities? In fact,from what I've learnt from Donny and looking at how Q scores work, I would now rather buy a traffic domain which does not get more than a 100 uniques a day than go buy a domain like adictinggames.com (typo of addictinggames) which gets thousands of visitors a day and clicks in thousands/day too. Looks like the guy who owns it has it with Sedo on a Google feed. But, imagine him coming on a Y! feed..lol. Unless he converts pretty well, he's gonna pull his entire account score down. Or, he may need a separate account just for that name to keep his other names from getting hurt with a lower Q score.

Ah.. Domaining.....It's so fascinating. Each day is a surprise. :)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!