Domain Empire

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Spade said:
Wowsers. First time I didnt make anything with Parked. The 26th litteraly went down to $0 - which just doesnt seem right. I dont make much, but what I make is pretty consistent.
Its obviously an error. I'm sure it will come back up.

b2b said:
I have a few ccTLD's such as .be, .tv that are parked at Sedo.
I'm thinking of moving them to Parked. Because I'm only getting a CTR of +/- %20, with a RPC of €0.02.

Do ccTLD's do well there?
From my experience parked does best with American traffic.

•••
Yes, 3/25 and 3/26 problems so far. 3/25, was really strange about 40% less clicks and revenue overall. It's like the ran the stats with the wrong time frame. Then on 3/26 it was even weirder, it's like we had 40% more clicks but $0.00 revenue. Yahoo did finally respond they are looking into it. And I did get verification from 2 different Yahoo based feed companies and they are seeing the same thing.

Donny

•••
donny my parked application was rejected ,I dont want to disturb you by pming so that I write here

•••
Donny said:
Yes, 3/25 and 3/26 problems so far. 3/25, was really strange about 40% less clicks and revenue overall. It's like the ran the stats with the wrong time frame.
Donny

Donny, I'm guessing your pretty busy but can you check my account for the 26th?

It's showing closed at, well, just take a look when you get a chance.

I sent Monte a message.

•••
b2b said:
I have a few ccTLD's such as .be, .tv that are parked at Sedo.
I'm thinking of moving them to Parked. Because I'm only getting a CTR of +/- %20, with a RPC of €0.02.

Do ccTLD's do well there?
Jasonn said:

Hmm, that's what I heard as well.

Seabass said:
Almost anywhere is better than Sedo.....IMHO.

You're probably right...
I'll transfer some ccTLD next month and try it for 30 days. And get back with the verdict.

•••
Yeah, they definitely have a problem, imagine me looking at are final numbers from Yahoo for 3/26 and seeing $3.23. And that's for everybody. I don't think we have ever seen numbers that low before. Oh well, they know they had a problem and are fixing it. As Seabass says maybe they will unfix what they broke a few weeks ago. :)

Donny

•••
donny ignore new customers altough I wrote several messages.

•••
ttrabi said:
donny ignore new customers altough I wrote several messages.

maybe it's because you get real irritating real fast?
People are reading trying to figure out what happened not hear you whine, JMHO!

•••
Donny's got more important issues to deal with......you ever think of that??...:)

•••
ttrabi - It's not that I am not interested in new customers or ignoring you. I think somebody from our company said that they reviewed you application and they rejected you as well. After looking at your application myself, I would have rejected you myself.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
ttrabi - It's not that I am not interested in new customers or ignoring you. I think somebody from our company said that they reviewed you application and they rejected you as well. After looking at your application myself, I would have rejected you myself.

Donny

why not ? did you approve any person nowadays?

•••
Today we have approved 27 new customers so far.

Why did we not approve you? Many reasons, but a few are you say you are one person in one country but your domains say you are somebody else in another country. And that's if the domain is even registered. Most of the domains aren't even registered. So maybe that will give you a hint for the next time you apply.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Today we have approved 27 new customers so far.

Why did we not approve you? Many reasons, but a few are you say you are one person in one country but your domains say you are somebody else in another country. And that's if the domain is even registered. Most of the domains aren't even registered. So maybe that will give you a hint for the next time you apply.

Donny

In my application whois, email, adress same.And I dont have unregistered domain.

•••
ttrabi - You must be right and the internet must be wrong. Maybe it would be better to try and company that is not as strict in their signup process.

Donny

•••
@ttrabi

Check the whois for your domains. Maybe there is a old adress from you?

Some registrars are registering the domains in their names not in the name of the buyer.

So take a look. I never saw Donny lying...

Greetings!
Sebastian

•••
No estimated stats are showing for 3/28 yet.

•••
I am not sure if it is just my account, but it seems like my Visitors/Searches/Clicks/Rev have all been frozen at the same numbers for many hours now.

Seems like it might be another stat issue. It could be involved with why 3/28 are not showing yet at all.

ebatcave said:
No estimated stats are showing for 3/28 yet.

•••
•••
same here.....nothing...:(

I'm sure Donny is on it...:)

•••
SebastianJu said:
@ttrabi

Some registrars are registering the domains in their names not in the name of the buyer.

Greetings!
Sebastian
I think so

SebastianJu said:
@ttrabi

Greetings!
Sebastian

May be , domains are new registed ,and Whois hadnot updated :)

•••
Jasonn said:

I can tell you I have several ccTLD's that are performing better at Parked than anywhere else also! :)
Parked.com just rocks...and will get through this "little dip" in revenue we are all experiencing! :tu:

•••
l2ride55 said:
The part that bothers me with this latest 3 day Yahoo hiccup (hopefully) is that they sent the numbers on to their parking partners knowing what they were. It's not like Yahoo said "hey, we know we have a problem so just sit tight while we recalculate." It wasn't 'till after we all had seen them settle that they went back to Yahoo for review. It could appear to some that Yahoo had already "calculated" the numbers before they sent them downstream. Then what?

Money is tight, makes companies and people do weird shit.

Bein' my revenue for the 26th shows .02, thought I'd donate .02 worth back to the thread.

L2

:lol:
But what you're saying IS serious.

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
Good point L2.

It goes to show they are not paying attention, getting careless, or jiggered their algorithm to take more from us but it took most of it by mistake. Maybe they are falling apart as a company. And, if this is any barometer of their performance, it could mean errors are consistently passed on to us.....which is what I have suspected for some time. I suppose some of those errors could be giving us too much money sometimes, but surely they have written the code to remove as much traffic as possible that might be bogus, fraud, double click, etc..... So it is more geared to take than to give.

I think Yahoo, parking companies, and domainers are all living in an insanely fragile ecosystem that is getting ready to break down. And, all parking companies are going to have to pull a magic trick to keep the status quo from crumbling. I don't think that parking company consolidation would even help.

There are plenty of indicators and strange goings on in the industry if one really pays attention to them, and they are all negative. Something's afoot. :snaphappy:

Right on SB.

•••
Donny.....any updates?....Any thoughts?

Appreciate it....

Tony

•••
I trust parked.com 100% and I will give Yahoo the benefit of the doubt. I don't know what to say for sure what is going on behind the scenes but you know
Donny has our back.

Thanks, Jim

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back