Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

NameSilo
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

Last edited:
•••
oo

Last edited:
•••
Tony - Delays again, yes. One of our providers has been having stats reporting issues since Thursday, so basically they have to email the stats to us.

Seabass - I'll PM/email you.

Donny

•••
@donny

At the moment it isnt possible to implement a tracking code in the parked pages. Because the sites doesnt like Javascript. But what if your team is implementing a new element where I can choose an option: Google Analytics, StatCounter and so on. And in a next field the possibility to insert the tracking code. When choosing the option it would be possible for you to check if the tracking code is clear. I mean that no wrong javascript is in the tracking code. You could let php check if the code is the way it should be.

This way you could serve a not small demand I think. What do you think about?

@all Coders

With the given possibilities of inserting images or flash can I track visitors and receive this data?

* Visitor referrer (The real referrer not the parked page itself.)
* how many outgoing links are clicked...

I think the second point isnt possible with a simple pixel but how about flash? Can flash handle such effort?

If someone know how to do it please contact me...

Greetings!
Sebastian

Last edited:
•••
SebastianJu said:
@all Coders

With the given possibilities of inserting images or flash can I track visitors and receive this data?

* Visitor referrer (The real referrer not the parked page itself.)
* how many outgoing links are clicked...

I think the second point isnt possible with a simple pixel but how about flash? Can flash handle such effort?

If someone know how to do it please contact me...
You can point your domain to your own host, and a javascript code in your simple landing page will redirect the visitors to the parking page.
Maybe your Awstats can record this.

•••
@xrvel

That way I could see where the visitors are coming from and count them but how about the counting of exitclicks? I mean when I count visitors and where they came from I would like to know what happens on the parked page then. So I could say: 20 visitors came from Searchengine A and they went through first page of parked site to the ads and this 20 visitors clicked 7 times on an ad.

Is that possible? I think a pixel cant afford this without javascript but how about flash? Flash is running on the clientside but I dont know if it can count and store such data...

Greetings!
Sebastian

•••
Any new developments with the templates?

•••
Peter,
Mainly waiting on approvals.

Donny

•••
SDX said:
Thanks Donny...maybe they're trying to figure out how to increase our revenue also! ;)

The new landers could very well do just that! ;)

•••
DnPresident said:
The new landers could very well do just that! ;)

Hell Yeah! ;)

Donny said:
Peter,
Mainly waiting on approvals.

Donny

Any timeframe Donny? :)

•••
oo

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
Peter, you had better watch yourself with these questions :

When I was in Tampa I asked Donny when the templates were coming and he told me with a mouth full of Skoal, "Looky here boy........you get what you get when you get it....... you got that son?" He then let out a rebel yell, laid a wheel and sped off in his monster truck sporting two confederate flags leaving me in a cloud of smoke and dust and my hands in front of my face to stop the gravel from spitting back at me.

He then suddenly returned and started doing squealing donuts around me not allowing me to escape. That's when I made a mad dash for Tampa Bay and had to dive in to escape him.

Needless to say I won't ask again!

Just messin' with you Donny! :)

:lol: :lol: Was that before or after Donny almost lost his two front teeth? :p :laugh:

•••
Seabass said:
Peter, you had better watch yourself with these questions :

When I was in Tampa I asked Donny when the templates were coming and he told me with a mouth full of Skoal, "Looky here boy........you get what you get when you get it....... you got that son?" He then let out a rebel yell, laid a wheel and sped off in his monster truck sporting two confederate flags leaving me in a cloud of smoke and dust and my hands in front of my face to stop the gravel from spitting back at me.

He then suddenly returned and started doing squealing donuts around me not allowing me to escape. That's when I made a mad dash for Tampa Bay and had to dive in to escape him.

Needless to say I won't ask again!

Just messin' with you Donny! :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

•••
I'm glad someone here ( Seabass ) has a sense of humor:D :D :great: . Makes a plesant change from the more mundane topics that are covered on a weekly basis i.e.

Are the stats delayed? - If you are asking, the chances lean heavily towards yes

Parked Banned me. - Because you're a cheat and were caught.

Is there a delay in stats? - hmmm. Let me see?

Parked cheated me. - Not paying you for click fraud isn't usually referred to as cheating

Donny cheated me. - NO!...He just wielded a large axe to stop your nefarious activities

Have the stats updated yet? - don't know...check em

What's the delay in stats? - More likely a delay from one of the feed providers. That or Parked just like playing with your head....lol

My Parked account was closed. - And rightfully so. Now piss off.

Are stats delayed again? - Not like it happens everyday, so while there is a delay, why not try to undertake a little thing I like to call life.

Anyway...back to those templates Donny. Waiting Approval?? Is that an in house thing or do you have to run them past Yahoo first? :)

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
Well, when I was in the water he ran to the edge and let out a loud whistle between those missing teeth to catch my attention. That is when I noticed he was throwing rocks at me and I had to swim further out into the bay.

Thankfully, his ilk does not know how to swim or I am sure he would of came after me.

He just spit some Skoal my direction between the missing teeth and told me, "You'll get your's next time, boy!" I stayed in the bay treading water for a half an hour b/c I was too scared to come to shore.

Thankfully, some other good 'ol boys showed up admiring his truck and he became distracted and I was able to make it to shore and run away like a scared, wet cat.

Never again will I question Donny!

What happened next? I wanna know more!!! :'( ;)

•••
firefly said:
I'm glad someone here ( Seabass ) has a sense of humor:D :D :great: . Makes a plesant change from the more mundane topics that are covered on a weekly basis i.e.

Are the stats delayed? - If you are asking, the chances lean heavily towards yes

Parked Banned me. - Because you're a cheat and were caught.

Is there a delay in stats? - hmmm. Let me see?

Parked cheated me. - Not paying you for click fraud isn't usually referred to as cheating

Donny cheated me. - NO!...He just wielded a large axe to stop your nefarious activities

Have the stats updated yet? - don't know...check em

What's the delay in stats? - More likely a delay from one of the feed providers. That or Parked just like playing with your head....lol

My Parked account was closed. - And rightfully so. Now piss off.

Are stats delayed again? - Not like it happens everyday, so while there is a delay, why not try to undertake a little thing I like to call life.

Anyway...back to those templates Donny. Waiting Approval?? Is that an in house thing or do you have to run them past Yahoo first? :)

;)

•••
Seabass said:
Well, I made it back to my car soaking wet and with trembling hands I was trying to unlock the door. Donny spotted me and jumped in his truck, fired it up, and floored the gas pedal. With shaking hands I could not get the key in the hole, and with ever increasing noise from the truck's mufflers getting closer I got even more nervous. I turned around and realized there was no stopping him. So at the last second I threw myself out of the way onto the asphalt in front of my Geo Prism and Donny rammed the hell out of it. He then punched the gas again and rolled right over the top of my car wholly crushing the Prism into a flat pancake.

He then lit a doobie and looked at me and said, "Told ya' you'd get your comeuppance sport!. Got any other stupid questions?" That's when I said, "Hell....I don't even like templates Donny". He replied, "Now your catchin' on".

He then sneered at me and said as a matter of fact, "We'll see you in the forums hoss!" and tore off leaving me standing there soaking wet, keys in hand, with my crushed Geo Prism staring back at me. I could hear all the other good 'ol boys laughing at me as I sadly walked away with my head hung low.

Donny is one mean mo' fo' you don't want to tangle with Peter. :guilty:

Seabass, you have REAL writer's talent...I can't stop reading your story!!! :kickass:

yellowmen said:
You are bloodsister of donny.Ask him before angry with me.

D-:

•••
Seabass said:
Well, I made it back to my car soaking wet and with trembling hands I was trying to unlock the door. Donny spotted me and jumped in his truck, fired it up, and floored the gas pedal. With shaking hands I could not get the key in the hole, and with ever increasing noise from the truck's mufflers getting closer I got even more nervous. I turned around and realized there was no stopping him. So at the last second I threw myself out of the way onto the asphalt in front of my Geo Prism and Donny rammed the hell out of it. He then punched the gas again and rolled right over the top of my car wholly crushing the Prism into a flat pancake.

He then lit a doobie and looked at me and said, "Told ya' you'd get your comeuppance sport!. Got any other stupid questions?" That's when I said, "Hell....I don't even like templates Donny". He replied, "Now your catchin' on".

He then sneered at me and said as a matter of fact, "We'll see you in the forums hoss!" and tore off leaving me standing there soaking wet, keys in hand, with my crushed Geo Prism staring back at me. I could hear all the other good 'ol boys laughing at me as I sadly walked away with my head hung low.

Donny is one mean mo' fo' you don't want to tangle with Peter. :guilty:

:lol: :lol: C'mon Hoss, surelly the story doesn't end there! :D

•••
Donny said:
This is awesome, Seabass you can do this all day long.

I need to go buy some Skoal or Copenhagen today.

Donny
Did you hear that SeaBass? Beware, D-: Donny is off on a drinking binge again!

•••
Is it possible to add affiliate links below your parked page?

•••
Sure, you can use the custom content for this.

I forgot to answer SDX since I was laughing so much about me chasing Seabass with my monster truck, but the new custom layout will be available right after you become my personal doctor. :)

Donny

•••
I'm getting pasted with what must be bots in one of my portfolios, both yesterday and today. Just in case you're looking for a bot to block.

•••
Donny said:
Sure, you can use the custom content for this.

I forgot to answer SDX since I was laughing so much about me chasing Seabass with my monster truck, but the new custom layout will be available right after you become my personal doctor. :)

Donny

I'm on my way Donny! ...in MY raised pickup with straight pipes! :)
Wahooooo!!!

•••
l2ride55 said:
This may sound like a silly question, but why would you want any bot blocked Netmeg?

I would think that search engines and directories (and any bot for that matter) crawl and report. If they go home empty handed (no header response) because they were blocked, that'll just lead to links dropping, SE deindexing and good old fashioned domain fade. Since they're not on our bandwidth here, I don't understand?

JMO

L2

I doubt these are search engine bots, because they are *clicking*. If I have a domain with one or two visits and 60 to 100 clicks, then something is wrong somewhere.

I instinctively hate these rogue bots; I own a hosting company, I see the toll they take on servers (times a gazillion for other companies - we only host about 300 sites all told)

Plus I don't like seeing all the clicks pile up and disappear.

Plus I don't want it to appear to Yahoo that my domains attract nefarious traffic; next thing you know they won't want to serve ads on them.

Those are a few of my reasons.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back