IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

NameSilo
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seabass said:
I closed up way, way higher than normal yesterday. Strange, after having started off with three bad days in March.

This yo-yo effect makes me think that there is just some temporary "seasickness" as there always is every time that Yahoo makes changes. I just hope these are all the changes for a while..

You have March 4th closed already?

Day 3 is same as days 1 & 2 for me. Visitors and clicks about the same but RPM is thru the floor again.

•••
gregham2020 said:
What parking company did you move your Indian domain to?
thanks

Namedrive.

RPC is much less than Parked has been before, but more than Parked is now.

If anyone has a better suggestion, I'm all ears.

Last edited:
•••
i have a name that has gotten $0.4-$0.10./click since i parked it @ parked, but today it got a $0.42 click. my RPC is actually up a bit, and since i 've relied mostly on type-ins, i think i'm in a relatively stable situation.

•••
I moved a name from Sedo to Parked and it made close to $5.00 yesterday and still showed that amount this morning- now yesterdays stats show less than $2.00, but the same number of clicks show (RPC went way down). Is it pretty normal for them to go in and take their money back from their users after it's reported every day?

•••
jondoe0069 said:
I moved a name from Sedo to Parked and it made close to $5.00 yesterday and still showed that amount this morning- now yesterdays stats show less than $2.00, but the same number of clicks show (RPC went way down). Is it pretty normal for them to go in and take their money back from their users after it's reported every day?

Until the asterisk disappears from the end of the date in the Daily Summary the amounts aren't final. It usually happens the next day, but sometimes it can be a couple days.

•••
stub said:
You have March 4th closed already?

Day 3 is same as days 1 & 2 for me. Visitors and clicks about the same but RPM is thru the floor again.

Stub - March 4th was slightly down. I'm hoping for things to settle in in the next week or so and run smoother. I'm betting things will gravitate upwards soon as they seem to always do after the Yahoo changes settle in.

•••
Anyone know how to put a banner up on a parked page?

•••
good question Broker,

I would like to know too.

•••
edited..... (PUI) Comments posted under the influence. Really apologize Donny...

Last edited:
•••
What percentage commission are Parked.com taking?

I can't find the answer on their website, only that they give you 10% of anyone you refer.

•••
Varon - What are you talking about? With arbitrage going away yes we were affected, with the Ask problem we were affected as well, but us being closed down? Come on you must be kidding! We are adapting to the new environment, you have to adapt or you won't survive.

We have this rule internally that we also have two 30% dips a year. In the past some of the 30% dips have been because Google pulled all of our domains out of their index, Yahoo stopped allowing international traffic, and other changes by different companies that affected us. We have had a contract with Yahoo for over 8 years now so we have seen a lot of things happen on those years. The stopping of arbitrage is just another bump in the road. You get up and move on.

As far as us closing, I'll just say that I am interviewing 2 new programmers today. I'm still looking to hire 10 more this year. So I wouldn't consider that to be even close to closing. Actually as far as revenue goes, we are doing great.

Donny

•••
Donny, Ive seen parked pages with horizontal banners on the bottom of their pages before added via custom content area. I have tried this it wont work. any help?

•••
Broker - Copy and paste the banner or just use the image button.

Donny

•••
Yeah tried that, its an affiliate banner and doesnt work.

•••
Broker - I just put one on phpscripts.com at the bottom. I used the image icon to add it.

Donny

•••
I want to put a clickable banner which goes to another url and believe me, I've tried everything. It looks good in the content area but the site just shows some misc code with a red x.

•••
Just PM me the details, what domain, the url to the banner and the link you want it to go to.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Broker - I just put one on phpscripts.com at the bottom. I used the image icon to add it.

Donny

Donny...nice name man...:)....develop that bad boy!...lol....quick question...why dont you have any keywords on the site?....looking at page source...no keywords...no description....any reason why?

thanks
tony

•••
•••
Tony - I'm lazy. Actually I work so much on other peoples names that I pretty much don't even pay attention to my own. Except to renew them. All of the money I make goes to my paypal account and that becomes my wifes online spending money. Since I never see the money myself I don't even pay attention to it.

But yes I should set all of the meta tags.

Donny

•••
ok...thought maybe i was wasting my time doing it...if u yourself doesn't do it...:)

•••
Donny said:
. All of the money I make goes to my paypal account and that becomes my wifes online spending money.
Donny

Man I know that one :hehe:

Money comes in
Money Goes BYE BYE

•••
talking about meta tags, i don't have any meta tags for any of my names ;), so i was wondering : what is one supposed to put in the "description" field? and do i just put different related words divided by spaces in the "keywords" section? finally, which is better, parked doing it "dynamically" or me doing it manually? thanks

•••
kemjika11 said:
talking about meta tags, i don't have any meta tags for any of my names ;), so i was wondering : what is one supposed to put in the "description" field? and do i just put different related words divided by spaces in the "keywords" section? finally, which is better, parked doing it "dynamically" or me doing it manually? thanks

You're supposed to use it to describe the page. The meta description provides the 'snippet' that you see in Google SERPS after the title (link). The purpose of it is to further describe the page, so that it entices the searcher to click on it. Google claims that the meta description is not used for search terms as the title is - I'm not sure I entirely believe that. But it's generally better to write the meta description tag in plain english (or whatever your language) rather than just string a bunch of keywords together.

If your url (whether parked or developed) comes up in a search result, that meta description tag is your best bet to convince someone that you have something on that page that they're looking for. Think of it as marketing text.

I'm not sure how many characters Parked allots for that field; Google displays around 155 (including punctuation and spaces)

As far as the keywords field - Google doesn't use it, and there are conflicting reports about whether Yahoo uses it. At worst, it will cost you the time it takes to do it. Shouldn't hurt you, but I tend not to bother, because I don't think it helps.

•••
over 1 hour no updates - are they suppose to update every 15 minutes ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back