IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
rexvnus said:
I have to move all of my international traffic domains to other parking company.

Can not accept 1 cent per click

Let us know what you find, I am now getting a 1/4 cent per click in some cases.

•••
edited..

Last edited:
•••
Domain parking is the proverbial Billboard of the 21st century. The "virtual" billboard has a name, just like the classic billboard has a street address.
Google is out to see one thing and one thing only: Who can we milk for the most and how many different scenarios do we have to create, including defamation of parked sites, before the cash cows are coming home to the Google stable. Inevitably, the "normal client" remains as the obvious choice since the domainer, under normal circumstances, understands enough about the subject matter of domaining, the values of domains and ordinarily doesn't have advertising budgets of significant size.
It's a brain washing game conducted by Google and now also Yahoo.
I would like to see hard evidence that a parked site that is optimized and provides relevant links is not converting for the advertiser!
I can only hope that more companies are going to treat the issue like Skenzo did. Kudos to their decision, it's about time that someone reduces Google to what they really are.
Didn't mean to side track ;) It's just when someone mentions Google, i see a red flag. :(

Back to the Parked.com thread.
M.

•••
(this space intentionally rendered blank)

I'm seeing an unusual amount of clickage today. Bots? I mean, it wasn't unusual numbers a few weeks ago, but it's unusual by today's standards.

Last edited:
•••
Netmeg - I have been seeing those bots too. It always seems that final numbers come in lower than normal when the bots hit, have you noticed that? Maybe Yahoo is overzealous in removing them?

In regards to your other comment about how would we know if domains convert better than search, I can personally say that I ran up to year 2006 over 400 database driven sites with PPC search with advertiser accounts, just like Yahoo and Google, that we wrote ourselves in 1998 befor GoTo, if you can believe that, and most advertisers that tracked their traffic and had their sh_t together, and ran a decent, attractive site, told me personally that the traffic was converting to sales at over double what Yahoo/Google were able to do. Sometimes triple.

I realize that was two years ago, but I think it still applies.

Mike - I suppose there could be some unspoken collusion b/t Yahoo and Google to systematically paint domainers in a bad light since they now both also need to keep their quarterly numbers up and taking it from the domainers is the only way besides traffic-based deals or acquisitions, or simply performing better, etc...

As a whole, Europe and U.S. traffic, and some other countries have been mined for their traffic, which someone said here previously, and now that "new, quality" traffic is not so easily found, everyone from your ISP, Microsoft's IE, registrars, to Yahoo and Google are getting greedy and you can bet they will do what it takes to get it. That is why we are dealing with crap like browser redirects - they are getting desperate for growth which is not coming so easy anymore.

I think the dam will break in 2008 ; I just don't know who will survive and what the outcome will be. Domainers are looking at dealing with recession, war, reduced earnings, bad U.S. fiscal responsiblilty, domain thieves, lawsuites, reverse domain hijacking, and anyone else looking for a piece of action.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like all of a sudden bots are going wild again :)

•••
Seabass you sound like an insider lawyer :)

you did make several points that frisked alot of other undercover issues.
I just feel all i can do from my position is be patient, listen to what the final decisions are, and try and adjust.

•••
rickkumar said:
Looks like all of a sudden bots are going wild again :)
Tell me about it :(
2 days ago - hitting one domain
yesterday - hitting two domains.
today - three domains.
tomorrow? - 4, 5, 6, 100 domains :-/

•••
seabass said:
I have been seeing those bots too. It always seems that final numbers come in lower than normal when the bots hit, have you noticed that? Maybe Yahoo is overzealous in removing them?

I mostly saw this tremendous increase in bot traffic in Dec thru Feb. I thought Parked had got a handle on in by end Feb. But here we go again. Yes. I've noticed that numbers are generally lower. And I too believe it's because Yahoo is overzealous in removing them. I've seen over 100% clickthru's, without the other characteristics of bot traffic, which looked genuine, dissappear.

My revenue for the 1st 2 days of March are about half my average daily earnings. Visitors are about the same. Clicks down slightly. but the main contributor has been RPM of just over half my average. Now, I know my domains aren't fantastic, so probably had a higher %age going to the Ask feed than most people, but half? Is not good. Still, 2 days is not enough to make any serious conclusions. Only a warning sign.

Last edited:
•••
Donny, bots for me too...

xvaj.com 1 48 $10,750.00 4,800.00% $0.22 $10.75

On top of that I am seeing 1 cent clicks on other domains. :(

Let me keep the bot clicks and all is forgiven. :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
kemjika11 said:
Seabass you sound like an insider lawyer :)

you did make several points that frisked alot of other undercover issues.
I just feel all i can do from my position is be patient, listen to what the final decisions are, and try and adjust.

I probably sound like a lawyer b/c I like reading contracts and trying to pick the F-U parts out in them; I got ultra-paranoid early in life after getting f-over very early on in my teens. It was the best lesson I could have ever learned. It was the day I learned about contracts: I'll give you blah, blah, blah for your kingdom. I find b/c of this it also hinders me in doing deals b/c I am jaded like a twice-scorned woman.

Yeah, really sometimes it is better to be patient and just watch, as really this is early in the game to make decisions. "Adjusting" should, at this point, 2008, really mean diversification of income sources, so as to not take such a big hit if anything happens to parking.

stub said:
I mostly saw this tremendous increase in bot traffic in Dec thru Feb. I thought Parked had got a handle on in by end Feb. But here we go again. Yes. I've noticed that numbers are generally lower. And I too believe it's because Yahoo is overzealous in removing them. I've seen over 100% clickthru's, without the other characteristics of bot traffic, which looked genuine, dissappear.

My revenue for the 1st 2 days of March are about half my average daily earnings. Visitors are about the same. Clicks down slightly. but the main contributor has been RPM of just over half my average. Now, I know my domains aren't fantastic, so probably had a higher %age going to the Ask feed than most people, but half? Is not good. Still, 2 days is not enough to make any serious conclusions. Only a warning sign.
The first days of March are turning out to be horrible. Is it Ask being cut? Is it the mild U.S. weather? I don't know. For me, the visitors appear to be there like always but the CTR has gone down rather shockingly these first days, but then again, we are only talking about the first couple, three days of the month, but like you say it could be a signal as what is coming. It's these days when lower CTR coupled with lower RPC that is a death knell to final earnings.

•••
•••
DADomains said:
Donny, bots for me too...

xvaj.com 1 48 $10,750.00 4,800.00% $0.22 $10.75

On top of that I am seeing 1 cent clicks on other domains. :(

Let me keep the bot clicks and all is forgiven. :hehe:

Wild clicks on this domain have been removed. That was fast. Drat.

•••
We should be able to implement something for the bot issue today. We think we see the problem now. And it may actually be fairly easy as well.

Donny

•••
5 clicks and revenue $0.01

domain : megarotic.name

•••
Revenue Explanation?

I was wondering if someone could explain these rev numbers for me:

Visitors Clicks RPM CTR RPC Revenue
32 24 $90.00 75.00% $0.12 $2.88
45 24 $61.33 53.33% $0.12 $2.76

same number of clicks. same RPC but different total revenue. what is it that influences total revenue amount? Is it the CTR value, or the RPM value?

thanks...

•••
Revenue is now stored internally to the thousandths of a cent. But we round up or down.

RPC is calculated on the fly. On the second day you averaged 11.5 cents. So we rounded it up.

Donny

•••
igotmumps said:
same number of clicks. same RPC but different total revenue. what is it that influences total revenue amount? Is it the CTR value, or the RPM value?

thanks...

One thing is, on your lander there's several different links, each leading to a different advertiser. Each one of those advertisers pays a different amount. At least that's my understanding.

•••
23 clicks and revenue $0.10

is there another parking company paying less? !

•••
Anyone find traffic is way down today? Mines going up and down from day to day
like a yoyo. Makes no sense...

•••
websatis.com - Send tme the domains you are talking about. That shouldn't happen that way. Unless it's estimated stats and then it technically is possible, but still shouldn't happen.

Donny

•••
Does anyone see updated stats for yesterday yet?

Thanks.

•••
rickkumar said:
Does anyone see updated stats for yesterday yet?

Thanks.

it's updated (Final)

•••
I have 46 clicks and 0.07 revenue :)

•••
pokoleniex - I'm assuming those numbers are estimates, not finalized numbers. With as many new providers we have brought sometimes we don't know exactly what some of them are going to pay us yet.

But over time that should change.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back