NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
maybe you didn thave visitors? :) Updates are very very precise

•••
Wolfis what are you doing over here? :)

Database changes to handle some new features. So updates are currently not being processed.

Donny

•••
thought i come where all the action is..

no problems with new features - i like everything new.

•••
My numbers aren't updating either and I don't think it's no visitors.

•••
I am also thinking Parked is doing good.

You don't see Donney sitting at the Traffic convention with the big players, like Matt from Sed- and talking about parking issues if his company is a little fish or going under.

He says it like it is, his wife takes it all, lol.

•••
Not happy with Parked at present.
Earnings have tanked for Mobile Phones and Credit card related names and a lot of this is quality traffic from USA.
Gonna be jumping ship very soon unless there's a big reversal.

•••
I hope one of the new features include Bulk Edit of template colors. :)

•••
Seabass said:
I hope one of the new features include Bulk Edit of template colors. :)

And bulk edit of keywords also.

•••
namegame said:
And bulk edit of keywords also.

That's already available under "Optimize This Portfolio" link.

•••
Seabass said:
That's already available under "Optimize This Portfolio" link.

Hmmm, I can't seem to find where that link is. I know about the Mass Modify link under the Portfolios link, but that doesn't seem to allow for bulk change of keywords. Any clarification will be appreciated.

•••
namegame said:
Hmmm, I can't seem to find where that link is. I know about the Mass Modify link under the Portfolios link, but that doesn't seem to allow for bulk change of keywords. Any clarification will be appreciated.

Click on one of your portfolios, then look more or less the upper right side below the "refesh" button. It will say "optimize this portfolio".

•••
Seabass said:
Click on one of your portfolios, then look more or less the upper right side below the "refesh" button. It will say "optimize this portfolio".

Cool. Thanks, Seabass.

•••
Question for Meta Tags

It says if you leave the section for meta tags blank, Parked will fill in dynamically with keywords. So my questions are, 1- should the owner do the meta tags or let Parked do it, 2- if you let Parked do this, how long will it take to accomplish, and 3- if you do it, what is the limit for tags, and how should they be seperated by a comma or what??? Thanks for any info.

•••
Jeez...... after two "really down" days at Parked and then a big UP day at parked, now two more "really down" days.

Traffic is high, higher than at the beginning of the year, but CTR has dropped about 15% for some reason. Is Yahoo or Parked weaning out more clicks then before and not paying for them? Is this on top of paying .01 to .04 for international/adult?

It's the only conclusion I can come to after suddenly dropping from the low 50's% CTR to the mid 30's%/low 40's% CTR starting in March.

In all my time (since May 2006) at Parked my CTR has never been so darn low.

I understand the "seasickness" happens when Yahoo plays with its algorithm, but crash in CTR is unexpected to me.

Donny, I was wondering if you could tell me if Parked or Yahoo being more conservative on what is reported as a click now? Are there new parameters for counting clicks?

This all started March 1st.

Thanks!

Seabass

•••
Seabass, Ask lost their Google feed around 12:30 PST on 2/29, so that's when it technically started. Most of the issues you are seeing are based around our secondary providers.

I'm assuming you are not having any problems with Yahoo, it's all with our secondary feed. Just shoot me your username and I'll take a look and let you know what I see.

But we definitely are not being more conservative with traffic now.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
Seabass, Ask lost their Google feed around 12:30 PST on 2/29, so that's when it technically started. Most of the issues you are seeing are based around our secondary providers.

I'm assuming you are not having any problems with Yahoo, it's all with our secondary feed. Just shoot me your username and I'll take a look and let you know what I see.

But we definitely are not being more conservative with traffic now.

Donny

Thanks Donny. Fair enough.

I expected to see the PPC drop March 1st, just not the CTR drop. I guess the ads from the new feeds currently are not as relevant as what Ask was presenting, or they don't have the depth of advertisers needed.

Thanks for the fast reply :)

•••
I think it might be many things. The keywords that worked with Ask may not be the same ones that work with our new system. So that's what we have been working on improving. Hopefully by Monday we should have all of the data we will need to start making some improvements. We also have another feed provider being added in on Monday as well. Everyday we continue to make improvements to try to get the revenue back to where it was before. I'm not sure that will be possible, but we are doing everything that we can to make it better.

Donny

•••
Donny,

Can you provide more info on why clicks/revenue are all going down daily. Looks like every day sets a new low record and there is no sign of it improving so far.

May be something else is going on that neither you or us know about. I don't know but its not a pretty picture. Check out my account you will know what I am talking about.

I hope its not just my account alone :)

I hope its not the "new" stricter bot controls taking out lots of genuine clicks/revenue.

Last edited:
•••
Rickkuamar - The biggest problem seems to be that you aren't sending us as much traffic. Look at your RPM and RPC they are up. But your hits are down.

I can only do so much.

Donny

•••
When the numbers finalized for yesterday, I had nearly double in Rev. Surprising, and quite nice. It seems the revenue on a few things across the board has gone up in quite a few categories.

Im sticking by to see how it all works out. Thanks Donny for your hard word.

Justin

•••
Donny said:
Rickkuamar - The biggest problem seems to be that you aren't sending us as much traffic. Look at your RPM and RPC they are up. But your hits are down.

I can only do so much.

Donny

Not true because I have not moved any domains away from parked since March 2nd when you help me set the redirect code for the yahoo unsupported traffic. Check clicks from 2nd until now and they are way down. Thats the reason I asked if something was affecting clicks (and hence revenue).

I am just trying to find the reason for lower clicks!

Well hopefully things will improve soon

PS: How are your secondary traffic providers performing, especially for India Traffic? May be I will stop using the redirect if secondary providers are doing good!
:)

Last edited:
•••
rickkumar - Yes you did move domains, you just explained the reason. When you moved the secondary traffic to another company that's where your clicks went. So you have less clicks because you sent that traffic elsewhere, I would look at where you redirected the traffic.

The secondary providers are doing ok. In another week or so I'll finally be happy. In some vertiicals and in some countries we are doing better than with Ask. We will also be adding another provider on Monday which should boost the RPC in a few additional countries. But I can tell you that India is hard.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
rickkumar - Yes you did move domains, you just explained the reason. When you moved the secondary traffic to another company that's where your clicks went. So you have less clicks because you sent that traffic elsewhere, I would look at where you redirected the traffic.

The secondary providers are doing ok. In another week or so I'll finally be happy. In some vertiicals and in some countries we are doing better than with Ask. We will also be adding another provider on Monday which should boost the RPC in a few additional countries. But I can tell you that India is hard.

Donny

Great news Donny! :tu:

•••
Donny said:
But I can tell you that India is hard.

Donny

Now you just broke my heart :'(

•••
Honestly, i trust parked, and i just feel with all the bs and up and down news(plus alot of hype on NP too!), Parked isstable, and its a good option. Other parking companies are facing the same forces Parked feels, so these issues span most of the indusry.I'm really glad to hear you're looking to hire 10 new programmers :). you see, trends are critical. the whole economy is faltering and acting shaky, but you're biz must have grown a bit to need more people and its in a still growing industry- web biz!

I can see why india would be hard. I think to web entrepreneurs, it always looks like alot( the market), but its actual worth is probably much less right now than how people perceive it. There's some suspicion about alot of stuff, but its a place that can't be ignored. Its a powerhouse already. Its still growing at a mercurial rate, and has so much potential for the future.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back