IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do any of you guys know how parking revenue is taxed? 20% , 30%, 40%??? I'm just trying to figure out how much I need to set aside.

•••
whitebark said:
Ray - love your alqaedaairlines.com! LOL

For some traffic might be terrible today because many sections of the world are without or are having real troubles getting on the net. yesterday's cut cable seems to have been compounded today:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7222536.stm

Roy thanks for the compliment on my site, and for the heads up on the internet situation. :)

•••
texasgamer said:
Roy thanks for the compliment on my site, and for the heads up on the internet situation. :)
I'd consider Privacy on the who-is, or one of the radicals may feel inclined to book a one way ticket to your house... :|

M.

•••
So many things to comment on at one time.

HiSoC8Y - TQ Scores are updated once a week on Thursday. And only if you have enough traffic, which is usually about 100 clicks a day. But if you join on Monday don't expect to have a TQ score on Thursday, it usually takes at least a week.

notlikeyou - The traffic analysis is purely based on the clicks that we have from surfers on your domains. If somebody comes in and types in "polly want a cracker" and clicks out, it will show up their when the stats are finalized the following day. The data is currently available for 5 days only.

Leonard - I'm not sure what's up with me, they got me to smile for my glamour shots picture a few months ago. http://www.targetedtraffic.com/speakers/simonton_d.htm

biohammer - If you like discoballs.com you should see some of the others we own. :) We have a very specific policy in our company, any money that we make on our own domains must be put back into buying more domains. So we always to get buy some decent domains.

Donny

•••
Last edited:
•••
mrizos said:
Do any of you guys know how parking revenue is taxed? 20% , 30%, 40%??? I'm just trying to figure out how much I need to set aside.

This is a fun one, and remember I am not an accountant ... so consult with an accountant.

However, it will depend on several things.

First, there, as far as I have read and am aware of, is no exact clarification from the IRS as to how to classify domain income. So, that leaves it up to you and your accountant as to how to best handle the situation - so a "best guess" is where is currently stands.

How you run your biz will matter too. Self proprietor, C Corp, S Corp. Generally speaking - self proprietor you will pay much more tax, C Corp you will pay more than an S Corp and will have to expense some things out every quarter, but it is a more legitimate Corp, meaning in the "selling stock" kind of corporation. S Corp, everything flows to you personally, so it is much, much more flexible and you will generally pay less tax than C Corp or Self-Proprietorship. Limited Liabililty Corp? Well, actually I am not sure about that . Maybe someone else knows.

Also, still being discussed and argued, is domain sales. Are domain sales Capital Gaines or Income? That is a big question. Obviously, PPC income is regular income. But, if you sell a domain, and if you have held that domain for 12 months or more and sell it and are using the "Capital Gaines" method , then you are at 20% tax rate. If it is income you chose, I believe, it is 28% general tax, until you start hitting the higher tax brackets, in which case you will be needing a good accountant or tax attorney to help you offset your earnings.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong or missed something.

I AM NOT GIVING ADVICE SO SPEAK TO AN ACCOUNTANT. :)

•••
does it matter what the domain extension is? does the extension affect the RPC?

•••
Seabass said:
This is a fun one, and remember I am not an accountant ... so consult with an accountant.

First, there, as far as I have read and am aware of, is no exact clarification from the IRS as to how to classify domain income. So, that leaves it up to you and your accountant as to how to best handle the situation - so a "best guess" is where is currently stands.

How you run your biz will matter too. Self proprietor, C Corp, S Corp. Generally speaking - self proprietor you will pay much more tax, C Corp you will pay more than an S Corp and will have to expense some things out every quarter, but it is a more legitimate Corp, meaning in the "selling stock" kind of corporation. S Corp, everything flows to you personally, so it is much, much more flexible and you will generally pay less tax than C Corp or Self-Proprietorship. Limited Liabililty Corp? Well, actually I am not sure about that . Maybe someone else knows.

Also, still being discussed and argued, is domain sales. Are domain sales Capital Gaines or Income? That is a big question. Obviously, PPC income is regular income. But, if you sell a domain, and if you have held that domain for 12 months or more and sell it and are using the "Capital Gaines" method , then you are at 20% tax rate. If it is income you chose, I believe, it is 28% general tax, until you start hitting the higher tax brackets, in which case you will be needing a good accountant or tax attorney to help you offset your earnings.

Read the 1040 book from the IRS tinstruction book for this year. Flip to page 5 which is the Whats New section and go to the far right hand section 1/2 way down that section and in big bold letters CAPITAL GAIN TAX RATE REDUCED the 5% capital gain tax is reduced to ZERO.

Not sure what this means I thought capital gains was higher and based on amount of time you held what was sold any opinions?

•••
I'm happy to report revenue is on the way UP again! :sold:

•••
SDX said:
I'm happy to report revenue is on the way UP again! :sold:

Same here.

•••
•••
Seabass said:

Thanks for the advice. I am meeting with my accountant this month. I'm an L.L.C btw.

•••
thetux said:
Curious if anyone has some tips on optimizing your page for Parked.com. Do the description/keywords help that much? I'd think a bit.

Also, I find their "keyword" thing kind of tricky. Some phrases I type in have nothing to do with what im looking to "set" as mykey word for my site.

How often are the stats updated? I just optimized one, but I have yet to add a meta description: http://www.heartanalysis.com/
Your links seem to be pretty relevant. I wouldn`t recommend changing meta keywords. You can play with page title, meta description and domain title. Also I would recommend to take a look at some medical sites, perhaps there are any common color schemes that are most likely to be associated with your topic. You can customize your colors accordingly.

•••
•••
Since last year,TQ # seems to be more effective on RPC :hehe:

•••
HiSoC8Y said:
which one is a 1 click and which one is a 2 click?

sometimes i see meanwhile.com, like this: http://meanwhile.com/?domain=DOMAIN.com

which one do you guys usually prefer?
If you go back 2 pages and start reading from post 3633 onwards then you may find the answer to your questions.

GIL :)

•••
GetARewardsCard.com

Get A Rewards Card
Credit card domain I just hand regged and is a 1 page lander Was supprised expected it to be a 2 page lander must bea bunch of ads for reward credit cards

•••
mrizos said:

depending on your tax bracket. But as an LLC its taked like salary (if you have a day time job). IE . . . its probably closer to 40%.

•••
anyone thought about going offshore with there company where there is no corporate tax? The having the company pay out a "dividend" to shareholders which is then taxed at 15%?

•••
madman12 said:
GetARewardsCard.com

Get A Rewards Card
Credit card domain I just hand regged and is a 1 page lander Was supprised expected it to be a 2 page lander must bea bunch of ads for reward credit cards
Interesting. What keyWord are you using?

•••
GILSAN said:
Interesting. What keyWord are you using?

It set it as "get a rewards card" and I left it that way. I am going to start an arbi campaign on it and see what happens.

I have a creditcards.XXX that is paying about 2-3 bucks a click on average but I have been seeing where people go and several people are after rewards credit cards which gave me the idea for this domain

•••
Another RPC roller coaster ride....yesterday I was down 28% on estimates, today less than 5%. Same traffic sources, click numbers etc.

•••
ai am up a few bucks today

•••
Three days ago - lost a couple of dollars
Two days ago - lost only a couple of cents
Yesterday - lost $50 (15%)

Same domains. Sheesh!!

•••
Earth to traffic -- Earth to traffic -- anybody there?!

40% of the usual traffic at this time of day and horrible CTR/RPC values.

Everytime i thought that i finally figured it out, there's another curve ball thats coming without any reason. :alien:

M.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back