Dynadot

domain Pancakesfromscratch.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Johnny.ca

Established Member
Impact
Just wondering what my domain would be valued at. Thank you for taking a look at my thread.

Domain: Pancakesfromscratch.com
Registrar: GoDaddy
Renewal: 2017-04-08T01:31:14Z
Exact MatchTraffic: 12,375
Industry and Niche: Food
Keyword Value (CPC): 1.62
Domain Length: 19

Similar Sales:
banana-pancakes.com $560 2008-11-12 GoDaddy
madefromscratch . com $7,501 USD 2007-09-02 SnapNames
calabriafromscratch . com 200 USD 2015-03-18 GoDaddy

Development Ideas: Blog, how to cook, pancake reviews, pancake mix

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
By "Exact MatchTraffic" do you mean exact match searches?

According to Adwords, I am seeing different numbers - 40,500 searches/month and $0.37 CPC.

So it definitely has some interest and thus some value - but you are really looking at more of a blog/site similar to what you described which means low value. You could also market it to bigger sites as a source of traffic if it gets type in traffic and that might be more valuable. Also, the enduser may not be an easy find.

Of the examples you gave, only "calabriafromscratch .com" is similar enough to render help to the value IMHO.

reseller = reg fee - low $xx
enduser = mid $xx - low $xxx (good type-in traffic could put it near the top of this and maybe beyond into mid $xxx for the right user)

Hope this helps!

•••
By "Exact MatchTraffic" do you mean exact match searches?

According to Adwords, I am seeing different numbers - 40,500 searches/month and $0.37 CPC.

So it definitely has some interest and thus some value - but you are really looking at more of a blog/site similar to what you described which means low value. You could also market it to bigger sites as a source of traffic if it gets type in traffic and that might be more valuable. Also, the enduser may not be an easy find.

Of the examples you gave, only "calabriafromscratch .com" is similar enough to render help to the value IMHO.

reseller = reg fee - low $xx
enduser = mid $xx - low $xxx (good type-in traffic could put it near the top of this and maybe beyond into mid $xxx for the right user)

Hope this helps!

Yes it does thank you so much for your input. Yea i saw 40,500 on adwords but estibot has 12,375 for exact match, so i wasn´t sure if adwords was just showing me the broad match.

•••
Yes it does thank you so much for your input. Yea i saw 40,500 on adwords but estibot has 12,375 for exact match, so i wasn´t sure if adwords was just showing me the broad match.

•••
Well this is an interesting domain you have here.
I have found myself in the past, long ago, asking google questions such as "pancakes from scratch".
As far as pricing goes, I would probably need to know some more details, such as: domain age, page rank, previous uses, etc.
I could see this being a pretty nifty niche if properly developed, but then again I wouldn't personally pursue this category, so I can't say for sure.

Realistic outcome: 20$ -- 180$USD // Reseller -- End User/Collector

Recommended Venue: // End User = Flippa ---- Reseller = Namepros ----

Miracle situation: High XXX$USD to a end user that is seeking a name dead center exact match as to yours.

• Pros:
  1. Semi-Common phrase searched on google.
  2. Decent potential for developing a site.
  3. Exact Match Spelling.
  4. .com
  5. Possibility for a sale to a hobbyist / collector
  • Cons:
  1. Lengthy Domain Name
  2. 3 Words
  3. Incomplete phrase (i.e. how to make pancakes // making pancakes from scratch = complete -- pancakes from scratch // how to pancakes = incomplete phrase)
------------------------
Last word:
I am simply just giving back some of my time into the forum this evening, which is where this more or less 'detailed' response is coming from. It is 100% unbiased and obviously is from a third party, so I would use it in conjunction with your own thought(s) as well as the other logical replys to forge your decision on how to proceed.

This is just an opinion and as with any opinion, there is no major fact(s) to couple up with for justification on reasoning. Food for thought and nothing more, I hope it helped.

-Tec

Last edited:
•••
Personally I would think you would have to build out the domain. But even that would be a huge mountain to climb. Googgle results are two videos, (allrecipes.com and food.com) and then websites from foodnetwork.com esquire.com today.com pinterest.com marthastewart.com You dont just jump over these types of websites.

There was an attempt to build the domain in the past, didnt help any as the domain dropped after a few years of parking.

Then their is the reason you only posted the calabria example. It's that there really no other ##### from scratch domain prior sales examples.

And The big kudegra: What entity would be the biggest money in home pancake making? It would be store bought pancake batter. But they would have zero interest in this domain because it teaches how to not use their product.

Bottom line. This domain is stuck with a low xxx top. As the most likely buyer is putting together a cheaply bought recipe website portfolio. Good Luck

•••
Thank you all for the feedback. I appreciate the time you guys took to reply to my post, and give me valuable information :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back