IT.COM

opinion Panama Papers Scandal => More money into domaining!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok the Panama Papers tax avoidance scandal is going to revive the domain name market. A lot of this money is going to have to be pulled from their current hiding places and then "parked" in other places. The new ChiP LLLL.com floor is going to be $5k in a few weeks!

This post is a good reason you should not try to learn economics from a domainer in early April. :)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-35918844

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dunno if serious or not... :-/

•••
The Panama Papers scandal appears to be real - I doubt the BBC would be fooled or be pulling an April Fools prank. BBC link in first post.

It remains to be seen if this money flows into domaining. Supposedly some big CN people are in trouble...

•••
It's real. A lot of folks in serious hot water from today.

•••
panamascandal.com is available to register :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

•••
It is "panamapapers.com" ...

•••
Ok the Panama Papers tax avoidance scandal is going to revive the domain name market. A lot of this money is going to have to be pulled from their current hiding places and then "parked" in other places. The new ChiP LLLL.com floor is going to be $5k in a few weeks!

This post is a good reason you should not try to learn economics from a domainer in early April. :)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-35918844

Haha good assumption let's see if this news would effect domain market.

•••
•••
How it would help domaining??

•••
•••
Of course the story is legit, it's already very big news here in Europe (since it was a german newspaper, "Sueddeutsche" which got the data package) since last night.. it's unraveling here right now with lots of headlines about several stars, politicians, etc. found in the papers..

but still i don't see how this is going to have any effect on Domain names..

•••
Yep, I read somewhere that Messi was caught up in it, in relation to his taxes or something along those lines.

•••
Okay some were able to see that I was being part serious and part not so. How many smiling face emoticons do I have to put!?

If the simplistic explanation for the run up in 4L.com and and other ChiPs was the falling stock market / economic instability / flight of capital in China, then the Panama Papers incident could bring another wave of this as rich & powerful Chinese entities are revealed to be involved.

Some NPers say that a few uber rich investors are manipulating the ChiP markets. Will more money flow into domaining to park new cash or will it flow out of domaining? Some domains bought in the past year could have been paid for with "Panama Paper" money :) <=!!! and could be sold soon before they are seized / confiscated.

The really cynical would say that the peak of ChiPs last Fall was the conclusion of a Panama Paper money laundering cycle. :) <=!!!

No kidding now - there is potential for major economic turmoil coming...that could affect many areas, including domaining.

Last edited:
•••
Chinese market is almost dead now i don't what can save it before complete pass away.
But I see your point that Panama Papers would may effect somehow to those account owners to think that they are not in safe zone. However, most of the account holders are rule makers.. So, don't expect that matter can easily solved.

•••
They've been doing this stuff for years. Everyone knew they were doing it. I don't see Putin pulling his money out and getting on Godaddy or sedo and buying domains.

Now gold, I could see him buying that.

They will just move the money into other tax havens. These people aren't stupid and they are in the positions to put down anybody who opposes them.

•••
it's not gonna help domainers i'm sorry to say. The Chinese entering the domain market was/is a Chinese thing trying to guard their money from the government, and now with the new government regulation there, no body knows whats gonna happen just yet...

•••
•••
•••
The Panama Papers scandal appears to be real - I doubt the BBC would be fooled or be pulling an April Fools prank. BBC link in first post.

It remains to be seen if this money flows into domaining. Supposedly some big CN people are in trouble...
The BBC news is real! However, I don't know how filthy rich tax evaders' off-shore money is going to revive or drive the domain industry up...
@bobbarato, I'm hoping for a miracle:)

•••
•••
Back in the day after such news, icelandresigns.com would be regged like a minute later! This "gem" was available when I checked a minute ago...

edit: icelandburning.com and icelandberning.com also still available!!!!! :) <=

•••
•••
Also the majority of the entities are in China.

•••
•••

nice read. thanks a lot.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back