Dynadot

advice With latest industry scandal domaining needs to look inward to protect newcomers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Many years ago a gentleman said to me, "Raymond I have never seen an industry with so much hero worship, an industry actually devoid of any real heroes" In the wake of the Adam Dicker scandal I think it is important for the industry going forward to focus more on facts, figures and transparency than on hyperbole.

Read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The best way to protect newcomers to domaining, is to expose crooks, before they hurt anybody.
And as quickly as the arising suspicions are verified.

Industry-leading forum like NP certainly has a number of authoritative and trusted members, who can (without prompting) proceed into testing (incognito) if possible, any significant claims to fame made here or on other high-visibility industry venues - conventions, meetings, ect. included.

Does it take time and courage? Yes.
Is this a great way of giving back to the community? Certainly!
Using the argument of a legal minefield, thus rendering the above suggestion impractical should be treated for what it is: a cop out!

•••
That should read, expose crooks and criminals before they hurt anybody ELSE.

Theft is a crime. People who participate in theft are criminals. No need to complicate it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back