Dynadot

discuss Paid domain lists? Would you pay?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Would you pay for a daily domain list?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    29.9%
  • No

votes
    70.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
Would anyone be interested in joining a mailing list that sends the top 250 domains every single day?

If so, would you pay for it?

If you would, what would you say is a fair price?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would anyone be interested in joining a mailing list that sends the top 250 domains every single day?

If so, would you pay for it?

If you would, what would you say is a fair price?

Nice, but , sending the top 250 domains every single day -- ???, How will this be determine, is it top 250 in submission or top 250 in quality .

•••
Nice, but , sending the top 250 domains every single day -- ???, How will this be determine, is it top 250 in submission or top 250 in quality .

It would be top 250 in quality every single day.

•••
250 for hand registration daily ?

•••
•••
Actually many people are providing free lists of these but quality matters if its paid then obviously they are going to expect high quality !!

•••
Actually many people are providing free lists of these but quality matters if its paid then obviously they are going to expect high quality !!

Quality is not a problem and this list would be far more comprehensive.

Just curious if this is something enough people would be interested in.

•••
•••
Can you give an example of 'today's' top domains? (or yesterdays)

I could next week. Just testing the waters. I think a free week of subscription would also alleviate some of the doubts. Thoughts?

•••
While it's a nice idea, personally speaking I prefer to take the time and do my own research. I'd probably avoid bidding on anything from such a list because I will probably have to over pay to acquire if there's a lot of eyeballs seeing the list.

•••
I was going to suggest the same
Try giving few days free then they will get the quality and you can ask for fair price too !!
I am doing same you can check in my signature !

•••
While it's a nice idea, personally speaking I prefer to take the time and do my own research. I'd probably avoid bidding on anything from such a list because I will probably have to over pay to acquire if there's a lot of eyeballs seeing the list.

I see your point but I would launch a counter argument suggesting that with 250 domains daily there wouldn't be too much competition. Further, it'd be private meaning less people would see it. Good point though.

I was going to suggest the same
Try giving few days free then they will get the quality and you can ask for fair price too !!
I am doing same you can check in my signature !

Thanks for your input. I was thinking $20 per month would be fair. That would be 2.5 cents per domain per month.

•••
If it's a good system, they'd be snapped up straight away, not only by people who subscribe to the list but people who know a good available domain when they see one, so would make competitiveness even harder imo.

Also if the lists aren't automated the person who's doing the list isn't going to give a potentially GREAT domain away, i don't care how many paid subscribers they have, so the daily lists would be a bunch of average to good domains at best.

•••
If it's a good system, they'd be snapped up straight away, not only by people who subscribe to the list but people who know a good available domain when they see one, so would make competitiveness even harder imo.

Also if the lists aren't automated the person who's doing the list isn't going to give a potentially GREAT domain away, i don't care how many paid subscribers they have, so the daily lists would be a bunch of average to good domains at best.

If I did this I would agree not to skim off the top. I would be a normal subscriber too. :)

Point noted though.

•••
I see another part, if going by this listing will reduce the cost of listing them individually/personally on the marketplaces directly (Vis a viz, the listing fee and the success fee), will such list provide such an advantage?
Another advantage might be that, such list already involved partial appraisal, since it will be screened. But the screening :xf.rolleyes:

•••
I think there definitely would be a market for it... having a free 1 week trial would def be a good idea.

As far as price is concerned..you could price it on the high end and make in an exclusive VIP club with like only 50 members OR you could have a much cheaper subscription open to everyone.....

•••
Oh also, would probably be a good idea to randomize the time that the the list goes out everyday....this would give everyone a fair chance of scoring on some days because of the time zone.

If you send it out at the same time every day then it would benefit members on the same time zone as you a bit more than other member....because if they not on the same time zone then by the time they wake up and go thru the list they could be losing out on all the really good deals. Randomizing the time of day everyday would ensure that everyone on the list has a fair chance of grabbing some of the best of the best domains for the day

•••
I see another part, if going by this listing will reduce the cost of listing them individually/personally on the marketplaces directly (Vis a viz, the listing fee and the success fee), will such list provide such an advantage?
Another advantage might be that, such list already involved partial appraisal, since it will be screened. But the screening :xf.rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you mean. But as far as screening goes, I made a lot of money last year using my technique. I definitely won't be sharing my technique because no amount of money would be worth selling the secret sauce.

I think there definitely would be a market for it... having a free 1 week trial would def be a good idea.

As far as price is concerned..you could price it on the high end and make in an exclusive VIP club with like only 50 members OR you could have a much cheaper subscription open to everyone.....

I thought about a higher price tag but to be scalable it needs to be affordable for everyone. Know what I mean?

•••
Oh also, would probably be a good idea to randomize the time that the the list goes out everyday....this would give everyone a fair chance of scoring on some days because of the time zone.

If you send it out at the same time every day then it would benefit members on the same time zone as you a bit more than other member....because if they not on the same time zone then by the time they wake up and go thru the list they could be losing out on all the really good deals. Randomizing the time of day everyday would ensure that everyone on the list has a fair chance of grabbing some of the best of the best domains for the day

I definitely didn't think of that. Solid point. The trouble is these lists are for domains ending within 24 hours. I suppose that limits my reach but it's just the way I work.

•••
I'm not sure what you mean. But as far as screening goes, I made a lot of money last year using my technique. I definitely won't be sharing my technique because no amount of money would be worth selling the secret sauce.

I thought about a higher price tag but to be scalable it needs to be affordable for everyone. Know what I mean?

Yeah dude, knows exactly what you mean. Guess you gonna have to find the "sweet spot" :)

•••
Yeah dude, knows exactly what you mean. Guess you gonna have to find the "sweet spot" :)

Costs me a lot of money and time to make these lists. $20 is a bargain considering how many tools I pay for and how much I value my time.

I can say without a doubt, I am 100% confident that nearly everyone will feel that this is a deal.

Only time will tell if it's worth it.

•••
Costs me a lot of money and time to make these lists. $20 is a bargain considering how many tools I pay for and how much I value my time.

I can say without a doubt, I am 100% confident that nearly everyone will feel that this is a deal.

Only time will tell if it's worth it.

$20....is more than a bargain mate. I mean that's pretty much being spoon fed all the top domains of the day for $20 monthly. If you throw in that 1 week trial then I think you definitely have yourself a winner there...

•••
$20....is more than a bargain mate. I mean that's pretty much being spoon fed all the top domains of the day for $20 monthly. If you throw in that 1 week trial then I think you definitely have yourself a winner there...

That's the plan. I appreciate your input. :)

•••
Only a pleasure dude.... keep us in the loop on when you plan on launching...I would certainly like to give the service a try myself.

•••
I would like to work with you too ! :rolleyes:

•••
Back