IT.COM

discuss Paid domain lists? Would you pay?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Would you pay for a daily domain list?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    29.9%
  • No

votes
    70.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
Would anyone be interested in joining a mailing list that sends the top 250 domains every single day?

If so, would you pay for it?

If you would, what would you say is a fair price?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Personally, I think it all depends on word of mouth and recommendations. I mean if people I know say that they made good money from domains that were on your list, I would definitely pay for the list.

But I still think $20 is a huge bargain. I mean out of those domains if I buy just one domain and flip it, I'm already in profit.

•••
Sure the one week trial thing will be cool and limiting the membership will be necessary, monthly membership fee suggested.
How ever what is on my mind now is this, if you have a list of 1000 membership and name xyx , spotlighted (chosen), How can bidding war on such name be avoided?.

•••
Only a pleasure dude.... keep us in the loop on when you plan on launching...I would certainly like to give the service a try myself.

I would like to work with you too ! :rolleyes:

Thank you for the support.

Personally, I think it all depends on word of mouth and recommendations. I mean if people I know say that they made good money from domains that were on your list, I would definitely pay for the list.

I am first hand proof that my strategy works. I know this service will be worth more than $20. :)

But I still think $20 is a huge bargain. I mean out of those domains if I buy just one domain and flip it, I'm already in profit.

Agreed.

Sure the one week trial thing will be cool and limiting the membership will be necessary, monthly membership fee suggested.
How ever what is on my mind now is this, if you have a list of 1000 membership and name xyx , spotlighted (chosen), How can bidding war on such name be avoided?.

It's a pay to play game but it doesn't matter where you get your list... there will be competition.

•••
Pending delete and auctions across GoDaddy, Namejet, and Snapnames.[/QUO
Shane its already been done but on an "honor" system. We actually picked up 3 dropped names and just paid the small fee when we did. Good luck it's really a good idea.

•••
Everything's been done before but what matters is who can do it best.

•••
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

•••
@Shane Bellone personally think 250 is too long of a list. People have short attention span. I know I would never read the whole thing. My brain would likely ignore it and shut down from over stimuli.

Better strategy might be to break it up into a couple categories and have 20-30 domains per category. Would be easier to visually digest.

Category examples
Top .coms
Top .net/.org/.co
Top numerics
Top traffic names
Top tech/startup extensions .io/.ly/.me
Brandables (not sure if this is possible)

•••
@Shane Bellone personally think 250 is too long of a list. People have short attention span. I know I would never read the whole thing. My brain would likely ignore it and shut down from over stimuli.

Better strategy might be to break it up into a couple categories and have 20-30 domains per category. Would be easier to visually digest.

Category examples
Top .coms
Top .net/.org/.co
Top numerics
Top traffic names
Top tech/startup extensions .io/.ly/.me
Brandables (not sure if this is possible)

You just reminded me of something I totally forgot to mention... I only do .coms. That's probably pretty important to mention.

Also, if someone isn't willing to put in 15 minutes to look over 250 domains that have the potential to make money, then they're in the wrong industry.

•••
If the list was comprehensive enough to save me time I would pay for it.

•••
•••
You just reminded me of something I totally forgot to mention... I only do .coms. That's probably pretty important to mention.

Also, if someone isn't willing to put in 15 minutes to look over 250 domains that have the potential to make money, then they're in the wrong industry.

I agree with you. However, there are a million outlets and most domainers look at many outlets.

Just meant from a human nature perspective it is harder to capture the information in long lists. You can still do 250 names, I just think it would be to your advantage to find a way to chop it up into smaller groups. Obviously are ways obviously to break up just .coms into groups as well (generics, brandables, 1 word vs 2 word, etc....).

•••
I think this would be helpful to new domainers that don't know what to look for or where.

•••
It not about viewing the best name it about catching the best name I can only sale the name i own .

•••
It not about viewing the best name it about catching the best name I can only sale the name i own .

You can't sell what you haven't found.

•••
Few days if you give free list then paying for the Quality names it's not a big deal, however you can get these names from expireddomains.net ?

•••
I haven't read the entire thread so not sure if this has been mentioned... I'd be very interested but only if the list is limited to a certain number of subscribers. I used to use Shane's daily list (from DSAD.com) to help me find some hidden gems but these days I use his list to know which names to avoid. His list brings a lot of eye balls to the mentioned names and hence raises the price.

•••
I would like to subscribe to your list too. Ideally, would like 1 week free sub. and then pay on monthly basis.

•••
Quality is not a problem and this list would be far more comprehensive.

Just curious if this is something enough people would be interested in.
Great idea :)

•••
I look at daily domain lists / auction picks only to determine what I'm not going to bid on. Newbies will bid on practically anything recommended by a "pro" or "expert" and pretty soon no one is going to be able to buy an OK domain for a fair price.

edit: My post was before reading the other comments here, I guess I'm not the only one who sees it this way.

Last edited:
•••
Few days if you give free list then paying for the Quality names it's not a big deal, however you can get these names from expireddomains.net ?

Of course you can find them on expireddomains.net. The problem is that they're hidden among 100,000+ other domains. The subscription fee would be for time saved not for miracles.

I haven't read the entire thread so not sure if this has been mentioned... I'd be very interested but only if the list is limited to a certain number of subscribers. I used to use Shane's daily list (from DSAD.com) to help me find some hidden gems but these days I use his list to know which names to avoid. His list brings a lot of eye balls to the mentioned names and hence raises the price.

Valid point. I was thinking about limiting it too. Though, with over 100 names there will always be something to bid on. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I would like to subscribe to your list too. Ideally, would like 1 week free sub. and then pay on monthly basis.

I began setting up the framework to test the idea out. 1-week free is included for everyone.

Great idea :)

Thanks!

I look at daily domain lists / auction picks only to determine what I'm not going to bid on. Newbies will bid on practically anything recommended by a "pro" or "expert" and pretty soon no one is going to be able to buy an OK domain for a fair price.

edit: My post was before reading the other comments here, I guess I'm not the only one who sees it this way.

I would disagree with you. There are thousands of peoples buying these domains. Some of which will be on the list. This doesn't really mean you won't get the domain at a fair price, though, it depends on how you value a domain.

•••
Depends on how good list is, how much time it saves, and if I can sell those domains quickly for a nice profit.

•••
Shane, i totally believe in quality of your list. However, if it gets into hands of 100 more our colleagues, its value would probably stream down pretty much. So i would like to get 1-2 daily lists, no more, it would be enough for me to get an understanding if i'd want to pay $20 monthly for it, which is of course a bargain. Thank you.

•••
$20....is more than a bargain mate. I mean that's pretty much being spoon fed all the top domains of the day for $20 monthly. If you throw in that 1 week trial then I think you definitely have yourself a winner there...
I would 100% subscribe forever.

•••
Depends on how good list is, how much time it saves, and if I can sell those domains quickly for a nice profit.

Well, I can tell you it'll save you a lot of money on subscriptions alone and many many hours in time.

Shane, i totally believe in quality of your list. However, if it gets into hands of 100 more our colleagues, its value would probably stream down pretty much. So i would like to get 1-2 daily lists, no more, it would be enough for me to get an understanding if i'd want to pay $20 monthly for it, which is of course a bargain. Thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean by receiving multiple lists? Each list would contain the top domains for the day. :)

I would 100% subscribe forever.

Thanks for your support!

•••
Well, I can tell you it'll save you a lot of money on subscriptions alone and many many hours in time.

So you are saying people wouldn't need a Freshdrop subscription or anything else like that?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back