NameSilo

Owner of Alexa top site does not know how to own a domain name !?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by gotasale, Jan 8, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. gotasale

gotasale Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I have a five letter domain named for example hokli.com which gets some traffic from hoklimobile.com

Hoklimobile.com ranked globally 300k at Alexa and 270 at a big country
    They are selling mobile and accessories online

I tried to contact the owner, he asked for price , I offered 1500 , he offered me 800$ and I accepted

He asked me how he gets the name and how the one owns a domain name and how he controls it !

How come someone owns big website selling online does not know about domains

He owns many stores as well in this country

I am now explaining to him as he never heard of domains before !!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. creataweb

creataweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Maybe he has an IT guy doing it? Weird.

3. Riz M.

Riz M. EmpireNames.com Gold Account

Its not big deal...
    i had online 4 different stores when i was not in domaining i was doing monthly marketing of 10k usd on that stores and all stores had good ranks in alexa but i even didnt know that domain business actually exist...
    and didnt know actually how to transfer domains i hired guy for this all work at that time..
    so it happen all the time

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!