Dynadot

How many UDRP's does the Mann get in a year?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Lately I've been posting some of the Mann's sales he reports on LinkedIn. I had no idea the guy owned so many trademark domains and keeps registering them!

Here are just a few he currently owns

googlemicrosoft.com
googleappsdeveloper.com
googlegeneration.com
googleplustools.com
twitterbird.com
twitterland.com
twitterfollowing.com
twitterday.com
facebookforever.com
microsofttech.com
microsoftinstaller.com
ibmemployees.com
microsoftsystems.com
samsungzone.com
youtubecommunity.com
wordpresswebdesigners.com
iphoneheaven.com
iphonecompany.com
iphonepublisher.com
iphonefest.com
ipadgallery.com
sonybluray.com
List courtesy of @Arca

And most recently he publicly boasted that he recently registered GoogleOptimization.com

Wonder how many UDRP's he gets in a year and how does he handle them? Just drop the names? Or fight to keep them?

Judge

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

looks like a "play" for the China market as it has Lucky numbers 888 at thee end. plus 39 isn't that bad either. he coulda done it $40K but specifically chose $39,888

•••
DomainKing.biz - Rick Schwartz lost :xf.wink:

DomainKing.biz UDRP loss can help domainers on the receiving end of a UDRP.

Earlier this month domain investor Rick Schwartz lost a UDRP–as the complainant.

Schwartz filed a UDRP against a domain name registrar over the domain DomainKing.biz. Schwartz has a trademark for Domain King in the U.S. and Europe.

The domain registrar mostly operates in South Africa and the Philippines, offering domain names such as .co.za and .ph.

I wasn’t sure which way this case would go when it was filed.

Panel rules Schwartz didn’t prove the domain was registered in bad faith.

Rick Schwartz has lost a UDRP he filed against the owner of DomainKing.biz.

Schwartz, who is known as the “Domain King” in domainer circles, filed the UDRP against a registrar operating as DomainKing in India, Nigeria, South Africa, Philippines and Kenya.

Hannu Internet Corp claims to have 11,000 clients in these countries.

Panelist Matthew Harris determined that Schwartz did not prove the domain was registered and used in bad faith. He wrote:

•••
Yeah, not a good example to set for someone in his position. I noticed he lost all the UDRP's file against him, serves him right, you would have thought he would have learnt his lesson by now

Last edited:
•••
Bad.breath is available.

•••
•••
iPad.com is not Apple

They dont own these names either... iPad.com, iPads.com, iPhones.com, MacBook.com and Macs.com

People also need to realize that if I owned the name iPad.com before Apple filed a trademark for the term "iPad", they cannot just take it from me, especially if its in use.

•••
Here is a list (From recent cases to old cases):

domain [complainant] (Verdict: Lost= Mike Mann lost / Claim Denied = Mike Mann won)
  • SoundStop.com [Blue Ridge Fiberboard, Inc.] (Lost) {Later won in court}
  • CroisieresDeFrance.com [Pullmantur, S.A.] (Lost)

• GrandTheftAutoVideos.com
    GTAextreme.com
    GTArevolution.com
    GTAv.com [Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.] (Lost)

• TracyAnderson.com [Tracy Anderson Mind & Body LLC] (Lost)

• UniversalAssistance.com [Universal Assistance S.A] (Lost)

• LifetimeAssistance.com [Lifetime Assistance, Inc] (Lost)

• TrainingChannel.com [Training Channel, S.A] (Lost)

• DesignOnDemand.com [SmartFurniture, Inc] (Lost)

• AboutFacebook.com
    FacebookBabes.com
    FacebookCheats.com
    FacebookClub.com
    FacebookDevelopment.com
    FacebookFest.com
    FacebookIntegration.com
    FacebookJournal.com
    FacebookKing.com
    FacebookLand.com
    FacebookSafety.com
    FacebookStudio.com
    FaceBookStuff.com
    FreeFacebookApps.com
    FriendsOnFacebook.com
    FundraisingWithFacebook.com
    JoinUsOnFacebook.com
    KilFacebook.com
    MoneyFromFacebook.com
    MoneyWithFacebook.com
    NewFacebookApplication.com [Facebook, Inc] (Lost)

• RoyalTulip.com [Starwood Capital Group Global, LLC] (Claim Denied)

• NorthWestTerritories.com [Sears Brands, LLC] (Claim Denied)

• SpeakUp.org [Aids Alive, Inc.] (Lost)
These are just the ones I could find. Thanks.

Wondering what's the money claimed on UDRP for such TM names. Just to get an idea of ROI for the companies/individuals who venture on trading them.

•••
Wondering what's the money claimed on UDRP for such TM names. Just to get an idea of ROI for the companies/individuals who venture on trading them.
UDRPs unlike lawsuits just deal with domain names. So either the domain will be won or it will be lost. No money is exchanged on paper.
The only cost will be lawyer fees and UDRP fees of 2.5k.

•••
UDRPs unlike lawsuits just deal with domain names. So either the domain will be won or it will be lost. No money is exchanged on paper.
The only cost will be lawyer fees and UDRP fees of 2.5k.
So, basically a quick flip relieves the trader from any liability?

•••
So, basically a quick flip relieves the trader from any liability?
Yup. The new owner will be responsible to defend in UDRP.

•••
If the domain was stolen by a previous owner the domain can bounce back at the seller, like any other item. UDRP is for the domain only, sometimes (rare) it can escalate to an ordinary lawsuit, involving money.

•••
They dont own these names either... iPad.com, iPads.com, iPhones.com, MacBook.com and Macs.com

People also need to realize that if I owned the name iPad.com before Apple filed a trademark for the term "iPad", they cannot just take it from me, especially if its in use.
Rick hates RDNH as well. Check out HallofShame.com or Cybersquatter.com

•••
Mamy companies doesn't realize that many lawsuit or claims can hurts your company reputation; regardless if you win all the time.

•••
Interesting that he tried double TMs in 1 domain name. So actually either one of them can file an UDRP? And the domain after the won case can resolve to nowhere? 1 option would be it gets deleted, but maybe Mike Mann would register it again?

•••
Interesting that he tried double TMs in 1 domain name. So actually either one of them can file an UDRP? And the domain after the won case can resolve to nowhere? 1 option would be it gets deleted, but maybe Mike Mann would register it again?

googlemicrosoft.com

I think this is an impossible UDRP. If Google files it, they can't award it to Google because they don't have the rights to the Microsoft TM. If Microsoft files it they can't have it because they don't have the rights to the Google TM. Mann has neither.

Last edited:
•••
But I think it should be possible somehow. I am 100% sure the people tried this before and failed hard. So any link to double TMs UDRP would be appreciated. :)
But I guess in this absurd case, no party out of 3 can benefit from this name. I guess it only receives traffic from Namepros. The case is like the Apple INC would go after domain FreshApples .com, I guess nobody goes on FreshApples.com to search for a new models of iPhone?

Last edited:
•••
googlemicrosoft.com

I think this is an impossible UDRP. If Google files it, they can't award it to Google because they don't have the rights to the Microsoft TM. If Microsoft files it they can't have it because they don't have the rights to the Google TM. Mann has neither.
thats interesting. So what ends up happening? does he get to keep the name? or would there be me a mutual agreement between the Complainants to dissolve the domain name?

•••
googlemicrosoft.com

Transfer of domain name to the complainant is not the only remedy provided by UDRP. The panel can also order that the domain be deleted, but this option is seldom used for obvious reason.
The other obvious option is a lawsuit, and being a US resident and citizen he is certainly within reach of the law.

•••
Very interesting thread here. Mike Mann is well know for his "knack" of selling domains names some of which most of us wouldn't dare register. Then we have this list of trademarked names that most of us would refrain from registering for fear of a UDRP. How are we to learn from the "experts" when they apparently register TM names?

•••
Guess you have figured out there secret to success. At least one anyway

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back