IT.COM

discuss I was contacted Outbound by a fellow domainer!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

outofoz32

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

This arrived in my domain sales Inbox today, from a landing website that is obviously a Domain Sales site:

[email protected]

Hello,

We are selling the domain name "xxxxxxxxxxxx.com", Would you be interested in buying it?

If so, please submit your offer.

This was my first time being contacted by a fellow outbound. I have a few comments/suggestions to make this a better sales pitch, what do you think?

My first comment would be to research very well what the company is selling. My site is specific to Domain sales.

The second suggestion I have is to not use a gmail, hotmail, yahoo, or any personalized account.
We use: [email protected]

I like the direct approach with sales, so the key point is there, but then it is finished with: "please submit your offer." I wish we could buy a car that way. ;) The close needs to be firm, with a suggested price in my opinion. I would do something like this:

We are selling the domain name "BlockchainChanges.com", Would you be interested in buying it?

The current rate for such a high quality Domain is in the range of medium to high xxxx, but we can help you obtain better sales, and beat out your competition with this memorable Domain by offering you our special winter savings price of low xxxx(original minimum).

This discounted sale will end at the end of the month! (whatever month that is) We firmly believe in passing on the savings to our customers, and will also suggest using an Escrow service of your choosing, in order to maintain the safety, security, and privacy for our transaction.

Thank you for your time.

Domains In Demand
[email protected]

https://sedo.com/search/?member=65b7a79b641c47b9087cc3c6f023f47ecb0969f9

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No need to embarrass them here.

BTW - your pitch is too wordy.

Last edited:
•••
No need to embarrass them here.

My intent is to assist fellow domainers with their sales pitch, as I assumed we are all here to help each other improve our sales. :)

•••
My intent is to assist fellow domainers with their sales pitch
Yeah, I don't think so..... :cautious:

That's it for me. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The second suggestion I have is to not use a gmail, hotmail, yahoo, or any personalized account.
We use: [email protected]
And the difference between your web based Outlook email and the other web based emails of Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo is....???

•••
Outlook is more trusted by the lay public. Reminds me to watch MASH again! :)

•••
Happens all the time. Also agree should not embarrass someone publicly. Just hit the delete button if you have no interest.

•••
•••
Exposing the domain was a bad idea!

•••
•••
Outlook is more trusted by the lay public

That's not true. But thanks.

Edit: Thanks to @Pierre Barnard for posting almost simultaneously. You know your wrong when two members post almost the same thing back to back :xf.cool:

Last edited:
•••
Have so many of these the best ones are when the domain isn't even registered ....

•••
•••
Outlook is more trusted by the lay public. Reminds me to watch MASH again! :)

as mentioned. not true... anyone trying to flog me anything using a free email address (especially outlook!) gets deleted instantly. How come domainers try to sell endusers the importance of a domain when at the same time they think it's ok to use a free email address for their own business instead of using their own domain? It's like a BMW car dealer driving a toyota or better yet, not owning a car himself.

•••
but we can help you obtain better sales, and beat out your competition with this memorable Domain by offering you our special winter savings price of low xxxx(original minimum).

This discounted sale will end at the end of the month! (whatever month that is)

Serious question: Does this limited time special ultra-premium bullshit really work? I could not imagine a person who would buy that and I would also be embarrassed to be that sleazy.

I absolutely hate when people try those weak shenanigans on me but everyone does that, so clearly it must work, at least with ads and the general public.

•••
As far as I am concerned, the quality of the domain is what matters, if the buyer is in need of domain, he will buy whether you use custom email or not. I have sold some domains with Gmail outbound. Though using custom email is more professional and build more trust.

Last edited:
•••
My intent is to assist fellow domainers with their sales pitch, as I assumed we are all here to help each other improve our sales. :)
To be able to help others, you first should have some experience and proven sale records in domaining, not only some homegrown ideas, even with the best intentions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back