Dynadot

Organizing drop list?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dave321

Established Member
Impact
So I have a list of domains/ expiration date coming up. If one of the owners doesnt renew, I want to be there to catch it. But I dont want to have to check my list every day to see if one has expired.

What would happen If went ahead and put an order in with snapnames? Do I pay upfront and they give money back if they dont catch it? If not, couldnt I just submit 100+ names to them and if they catch one in the next few months, Ill get an email.

Surely theres a better way to organize this. What do you use? software with alerts? Thoughts?

thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You pay only when and if they catch the domains you want.

You should be aware though that, in the case they catch *all* 100+ domains, you'll have a 100*$80+ bill to pay

Last edited:
•••
For names with lower value, you can also backorder them through lower quality backorder services such as Sav, Epik, or even Dropcatch with discount backorders (if the names are already in pendingDelete)
DC discount backorders usually work great, just be sure to know how they handle these
Otherwise, standard dropcatch backorders work, but it's $59 (after catching your desired names), same rule though, only pendingDelete names there

At Sav & Dropcatch, you pay if they catch the names.
At Epik, the payment is due upfront and the funds are reimbursed to your account credit balance only (if not caught)

Last edited:
•••
What if they are NOT pending delete. Can I put a backorder on several names just in case one day they delete? Is that practical?

•••
What if they are NOT pending delete. Can I put a backorder on several names just in case one day they delete? Is that practical?
in dropcatch no on snap yes

you could also post a list of all the names you like here and we will all watch them for you really good

😂

•••
you could also post a list of all the names you like here and we will all watch them for you really good
:xf.rolleyes::xf.rolleyes:

Other than that, there is Sav with "pay later" or some registrars offer free domain monitoring, I think there is that at Uniregistry but, at the time I used it, the refresh rate was not that good. Maybe better options out there to achieve what you need, if you don't want to develop it

•••
ooh yeah godaddy offers free monitoring. But does that monitoring trigger any watch list or anyone for other domainers? lil paranoid :)

Looks like I need to decide between monitoring, then if I get a notification they are pending delete...snapnames possible catch... OR just stick 100s of names I like in snap names and chill. Thoughts?

•••
The big problem with what you are trying to do is that most names worth anything will not make it to the pending delete, they will go to a expiring aftermarket (gd, sedo, nj and others).

Even the expiration dates won't always reflect that.

Use expireddomains.net to keep an eye

•••
Back