IT.COM

question Is there a way to use Dynadot API to backorder for free

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

anasshm

Established Member
Impact
I don't want to compete against dropcatch and other backordering services, I only want to catch the left overs, instead of refreshing for an hour and registering them my self when they drop, I want a basic software to check if a list of domains are available in like every 10 seconds, and register them automatically, is there a cheap/free software that can use Dynadot API and do what I just described, thanks in advance for your help^^

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Before you use such a software bear in mind that Dynadot's API works in such a way that, unless you spend a lot with them (ie. super bulk user), you will be slowed down to the point that -more often than not- your attempts to use the API will result in errors/server busy/etc.

There were a couple of users that shared some scripts/software if you are interested. I'm sure if you use the search feature you will find them (unfortunately, I don't remember how to find those threads).

•••
Before you use such a software bear in mind that Dynadot's API works in such a way that, unless you spend a lot with them (ie. super bulk user), you will be slowed down to the point that -more often than not- your attempts to use the API will result in errors/server busy/etc.

There were a couple of users that shared some scripts/software if you are interested. I'm sure if you use the search feature you will find them (unfortunately, I don't remember how to find those threads).
Thanks for the insight, I'll try to look for those posts

•••
It's not backorder, it's automatic registration via API.

Backorders will generally be executed faster (depends on registrar though). Dropcatch / SnapNames will be even faster (fractions of second) as they launch hundreds of connections at the same time to get the domain.

It works, except if you are aiming for a domain with just a little competition, it will be snatched out before you can touch it.

So you can't really get high value domains via this method.

Edit: Leftovers have not enough value to really make a living.

In domaining you generally have to aim for domains >$1k in sale price, in order to break into profit - in most cases. Renewals / registrations are like $7...$10, and if you factor in the sale ratio of 1%...2% per year, then this tells you that you need to either have all domains with >$1k value, OR by some miracle method have an much over average sale ratio.

Last edited:
•••
I don't want to compete against dropcatch and other backordering services, I only want to catch the left overs, instead of refreshing for an hour and registering them my self when they drop, I want a basic software to check if a list of domains are available in like every 10 seconds, and register them automatically, is there a cheap/free software that can use Dynadot API and do what I just described, thanks in advance for your help^^

If your domain list is huge. You will have to spend more time to check through all the domains.

Check my signature for the software :xf.cool:

•••
Back