IT.COM

Opera Technologies wants my domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
:hi:

I received an email from someone claiming to be the VP for a company named Opera Technologies. The author of the email stated that his company was buying domain names as secondary investments. He asked how much I wanted for the domain. I replied to the email with my $XXX price. He responded later in the day saying that the company would purchase my domain name and he also wanted to know how I would prefer to be compensated for the purchase (PP, wire, check). He also wanted a professional appraisal of the domain name at his company's expense.

Here's the thing: I find it very odd that a company VP would email me regarding a domain purchase unless they had an interest in developing the site, and even then I believe that someone lower on the food chain would handle this. Has anyone heard of this company or have any knowledge of whether this is legit or not?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh that damn RJ... Mr Smarty Pants! :yell:

•••
•••
weblord said:
like in any other forum the mods/staff are not included in the contest, anyways you can have db's 100bucks yo the man.

Hey, he said anybody :laugh:

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they do have a newer account.

•••
:sold: anything you say boss -db- let me hold the 100bucks for you.
-RJ- said:
Hey, he said anybody :laugh:

However, I wouldn't be surprised if they do have a newer account.

•••
•••
B33R said:
mis_chiff is the woman! :lol:

mis_chiff, you rock! I've wanted one of those emails for months! You're the greatest!

Where should I get the appraisal? ;) :laugh: :tu:

Two Roys don't make a right! :p

I wanna be part of the Roy Club! I've only got one wrong letter!!! :laugh:

Well there is always Rob Roy!

•••
Ladies and Germs,

I'm sending the $100 to RJ, for a donation towards the next charity event, where it will do the most good. I hope there are no objections to this?

Obviously, we still want to stop the spammers and scammers of the world.

:)

•••
-db- said:
Ladies and Germs,

I'm sending the $100 to RJ, for a donation towards the next charity event, where it will do the most good. I hope there are no objections to this?
Seriously? That's very generous of you! :tu:

Please don't call me a Germ again though, you're only allowed to call me that on the weekend! ;)

•••
B33R said:
Please don't call me a Germ again though...
Hey, listen to me you UK so-and-so....

You better count your blessings, and be glad we don't require blood tests for membership.

:guilty:

•••
•••
I wasn't really trying to get $100 out of you, db. You can keep it. ;)

•••
-RJ- said:
I wasn't really trying to get $100 out of you, db.

Oh, I know that. Thank you. :)

But I want to donate it towards the next charity event anyway, because I intended to donate a couple domains to the last one, but I got sidetracked and forgot about it. :red:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back