Dynadot

Selling .box TLD (Web2 + NFT + Wallet Connect)

NameSilo
Watch

NameMaxi.com

NameMaxi.com for Domain InvestorsUpgraded Member
Impact
What's special you ask? Well you purchase via Crypto (ETH/USDC) and every domain name is a NFT that makes the selling easy. You can easily transfer ownership in seconds and the new owner can control the records etc via his wallet.

Registration can be done via my.box

Disclaimer: I am not part of .box company but I have bought a domain in the sunrise period (4.box) and several others.

GEfd1t9bcAAR2UY.jpeg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The nft part aside, if .box is an ICANN accredited extension the owner is what the WHOIS record shows.

Brad

•••
I do remember its privacy hidden by default

•••
Also, I have no idea how this is going to work with a UDRP.

If it is an ICANN extension, it is subject to the same dispute rules. The NFT part is irrelevant to that.

The web3 part feels more like a marketing gimmick.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Also, I have no idea how this is going to work with a UDRP.

If it is an ICANN extension, it is subject to the same dispute rules. The NFT part is irrelevant to that.

The web3 part feels more like a marketing gimmick.

Brad
UDRP rules still apply.

Think of it as every domain has a godaddy account attached. And if you want to sell the domain, you basically sell the account, I have thought of doing exactly the same thing and the benefits are really for investors and the backend side.

A normal company would not use it yet. In NFTs you can bundle a number of items into one price. Transactions are atomic meaning Payment and transfer happens together. No need to trust the other part.

•••
Interesting. Grabbed a few names. Set up an email for one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back