IT.COM

ONLY .US CAN BE OWN BY US CITIZENS!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jimmy.com

Established Member
Impact
So after over 10 years of owning about 100 .US domains registered with enom, I now get told the below, in a previous email to this they say I will lose my domains. Why allow anyone else to register them in the first place, and why make a scene about it 10 years down the road??

Sent: 09 December 2016 08:58 PM
To: gary@
Subject: RE: Subject IMPORTANT: Immediate Response Required - whois problem report: THELOTTO.US

Hello,

.US domains must be United States whois and locations. It is part of what you agree to when you register the domain.

Jennifer

Whois Agent

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is just my opinion, and what I would try if you want to possibly rescue your names, I don't know that it qualifies.

http://my.parcomweb.com/knowledgebase/204/Nexus-Categories-C11C12C21C31-and-C32.html

To me, it looks like if you have a mailing address, like private mailbox rental [b) has an office or other facility in the U.S. (category C32).]
AND
you have US based hosting [* Certification that the listed name servers are located within the United States - if not completed, then registration will be rejected;]

you *might* be able to fit the requirements. You should be able to get private mailbox around $120/year a̶n̶d̶ ̶U̶S̶ ̶h̶o̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶$̶2̶0̶/̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ nvrmd your nameservers are already enom which is US correct?

This is the first I have heard of a registrar enforcing the US requirements, I have seen multiple US whois from many non-US countries, and I always wondered if they were ever going to start enforcing the regulations.

Another idea is quick transfer all your names out, because it sounds like this is enom enforcing the policy, not the US registry, so if you transfer to another registrar, you might buy yourself some time to get the proper credentials.

•••
•••
There is a simple solution: Just push them to my account.

•••
At this point Neustar may have frozen the names. Depends on how/who initiated the whois issue.

•••
I would be willing to help too. PM me if you need to push to someone in the US.

•••
Neustar enforces that rule when someone alerts them that a particular registration does not meet the nexus requirements. The name will be taken back and allowed to drop. There's no guarantee the rat-fink who alerted Neustar will get the name on the drop.

Don't bitch and moan if you live in Botswana, have no presence in the USA, and go willy-nilly regging .us names. Anyone participating in this forum is going to have a hard time pleading ignorance here about such an obvious rule and having the rest of us believe it.

•••
you just have to have someone you know in the us to be the responsible party. So if you have a friend or close relative that you can use as the contact, do that.

•••
I am not American but incorporated in the US. Thus the corporation, while foreign-owned, can be holding .us domains lawfully.
I have never owned any domains personally.

•••
There is a work around dude....

get a free stackry account (you will get a free US postal address) or even sign up for Aramex global shopper (this is my preference) with Aramex you get a postal address in loads of countries around the world, you can use that for the whois info ;)

•••
Did this get resolved?

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
whois Updated: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - New Address USA : thumbs up : @Jimmy.com

good eye @Cyberian

Last edited:
•••
Really when did this happen ? and if so why ? .us cant be owned by any other country ?

•••
Really when did this happen ? and if so why ? .us cant be owned by any other country ?
Scroll up. Re read the entire thread. Scroll up again. Click the link in post #2.
Read the requirements. :)

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
So after over 10 years of owning about 100 .US domains registered with enom, I now get told the below, in a previous email to this they say I will lose my domains. Why allow anyone else to register them in the first place, and why make a scene about it 10 years down the road??

I am wondering, how you were able to register any .us domain without US address and without warning about "this is for US citizen, incorporated, etc only" in the first place?

•••
I am wondering, how you were able to register any .us domain without US address and without warning about "this is for US citizen, incorporated, etc only" in the first place?
My guess would be you just ignore the warning and hope neustar never notices or that nobody turns you in.
The reg houses don't care when you reg, push, or transfer the name, like HeyNow said, they only act if there has been a alert.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
This is ironic since so many web surfers don't even associate the domain with the United States.

•••
i'll be honest , if I find someone outside the united states with a registered .us domain I turn them in .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back