Dynadot

strategy One month old domainer

NameSilo
Watch

advill99

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone!

Today marks my first month as a domainer. I have stumbled into this business because of cryptocurrency, I have bought actually 3 domains related to cryptocurrency right away hoping to sell it quickly, without any idea and just thinking that I can sell it in no time. Now because of studying, surfing, searching, watching tutorials and reading forums I've realized that there's a lot of efforts to selling domains.

Thanks to the guys at domainsherpa, namepros, Michael Cyger and youtube tips and tutorials, slowly I'm more knowledgeable about domain flipping. I haven't made any sale yet but I'm very positive to get at least 1 within 3 months regardless of the price.

As of the moment, I already invested 11 domains, 1 is used as my efty marketplace fifthdomains.com and the other 10 having efty for sales landing page with logos.

I already listed my domains in flippa, sedo, afternic, and Godaddy auctions. I'm also doing a little bit of outbound work thru email. I feel already a bit frustrated that I haven't closed any deals during my first month but I know it really takes a great effort.

Now, I know there's a lot of work to be done and reading and exploring this forum makes a beginner like more equipped. But I just want to get a personal advice to all the PROs here and maybe give me a bit of mentoring, at this stage being a 1 month old domainer as per my portfolio, what are the good and bad points you see and areas where I can improve getting my first sale.

THANKS TO ALL!:xf.wink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome, @advill99! DM if you want to connect.

•••
•••
... I've realized that there's a lot of efforts to selling domains.

Welcome to the bubbleburded world of domaining .. and to NamePros! lol

You most certainly have chosen good sources of information .. @Michael Cyger certainly is single handledly responsible for a lot of us informed domainers being much further ahead than we would have otherwise been.

Happy 1 month .. and best of luck going forward! :)

•••
•••
Just checked out your efty ... just a note .. be careful of non-com domains when you start. Of the 11 domains .. there are only 3 I would have considered possibly getting (even at hand registration pricing), the two exchange keywords (although I'm not sure on those 2 because I'm not actually into crypto) .. and the grow brandable.

That being said .. great job on getting organized with an efty and listed everywhere .. I seriously regret not doing that before I had too many domains to manage effectively! :-/

good luck once again! :)

•••
Hey advill!

You're on your way! Glad you joined the forum.

Enjoy yourself and best of luck domaining!

•••
WoW @Michael Cyger is here?!
Thanks for the warm welcome @Ategy.com.

Yup .. not that often though .. a lot of hatters in the forums who seem to think the Sherpas are evil if ever any of their OPINIONS and predictions turn out to be anything but 100% accurate. You can find him at his DNA as well .. still be his usual very friendly and helpful self! Seriously .. this industry (and myself personally) owe a lot to him!

•••
•••
Yup .. not that often though .. a lot of hatters in the forums who seem to think the Sherpas are evil if ever any of their OPINIONS and predictions turn out to be anything but 100% accurate. You can find him at his DNA as well .. still be his usual very friendly and helpful self! Seriously .. this industry (and myself personally) owe a lot to him!
Yep been following his youtube channel DNacademy.
DNacademy subscription is pricey!!!

•••
•••
Thank you guys for the warm welcome!
I think im going to make this thread my open diary :xf.grin:

•••
•••
Welcome, @advill99!

Spending time watching the DomainSherpa shows -- especially the DomainSherpa Reviews with experienced investors -- is a great idea, as is reading the blogs of experienced investors.

And based on your activities so far I think you're well on your way to understanding how domain name investing works. Many people don't realize that all the passive channels can work to your benefit without any ongoing maintenance, so having your domains listed in the marketplaces of Afternic (which is owned by GoDaddy), Sedo, Uniregistry and Flippa will bring in offers when people go looking. Well done. And setting realistic BIN prices can help take advantage of potential buyer impulses.

I saw you mention that DNAcademy is pricey. We're running a new year special, if you look at the top banner of the homepage you'll see a discount code. Hopefully it makes it more reasonable for you.

Again, welcome to the community. There are a ton of great people in this industry, and we're glad to have you join.

•••
Welcome, @advill99!

Spending time watching the DomainSherpa shows -- especially the DomainSherpa Reviews with experienced investors -- is a great idea, as is reading the blogs of experienced investors.

And based on your activities so far I think you're well on your way to understanding how domain name investing works. Many people don't realize that all the passive channels can work to your benefit without any ongoing maintenance, so having your domains listed in the marketplaces of Afternic (which is owned by GoDaddy), Sedo, Uniregistry and Flippa will bring in offers when people go looking. Well done. And setting realistic BIN prices can help take advantage of potential buyer impulses.

I saw you mention that DNAcademy is pricey. We're running a new year special, if you look at the top banner of the homepage you'll see a discount code. Hopefully it makes it more reasonable for you.

Again, welcome to the community. There are a ton of great people in this industry, and we're glad to have you join.
Hey Michael! Really cool of you to drop in!

I didn't get to Namescon but I'm sure it was fun.

Best of luck!

•••

Wow!!! @Michael Cyger Thanks for the great advice. This makes me more motivated and looking forward to being the first Filipino sherpa!

•••
Hi everyone!

Today marks my first month as a domainer. I have stumbled into this business because of cryptocurrency, I have bought actually 3 domains related to cryptocurrency right away hoping to sell it quickly, without any idea and just thinking that I can sell it in no time. Now because of studying, surfing, searching, watching tutorials and reading forums I've realized that there's a lot of efforts to selling domains.

Thanks to the guys at domainsherpa, namepros, Michael Cyger and youtube tips and tutorials, slowly I'm more knowledgeable about domain flipping. I haven't made any sale yet but I'm very positive to get at least 1 within 3 months regardless of the price.

As of the moment, I already invested 11 domains, 1 is used as my efty marketplace fifthdomains.com and the other 10 having efty for sales landing page with logos.

I already listed my domains in flippa, sedo, afternic, and Godaddy auctions. I'm also doing a little bit of outbound work thru email. I feel already a bit frustrated that I haven't closed any deals during my first month but I know it really takes a great effort.

Now, I know there's a lot of work to be done and reading and exploring this forum makes a beginner like more equipped. But I just want to get a personal advice to all the PROs here and maybe give me a bit of mentoring, at this stage being a 1 month old domainer as per my portfolio, what are the good and bad points you see and areas where I can improve getting my first sale.

THANKS TO ALL!:xf.wink:
Welcome to the club Advill! I'm in the same boat, but most here started out at or near the bottom and slowly worked to better names and better strategies. Best of luck to you going forward

•••
•••
Now, I know there's a lot of work to be done and reading and exploring this forum makes a beginner like more equipped. But I just want to get a personal advice to all the PROs here and maybe give me a bit of mentoring,/QUOTE]
Hey there @advill99!

Only advice that I can give is from personal experiences (lesson that I learnt the hard way)..
(a) Set a budget and stick to it!
(b) Don't fall in "love" with your domains! If the right offer comes around (doesn't have to be as much as you are asking), sell it and move onto another domain!

Namepros_Scrabble_Welcome_briguy_(MyWay2Fortune.info).png

•••
I don't think there is any business or market out there, that you can expect to master within a month, probably six months will give you the sort of insight you wished you had at the start. Don't forget Domains aren't going to go away, So don't feel in a rush to build a portfolio too early.

You sound like your putting in the work and there will be as many opportunities in six months time as today.

•••
@Michael Cyger is a perfect example of a Good Guy not finishing last! :)

•••
I don't think there is any business or market out there, that you can expect to master within a month, probably six months will give you the sort of insight you wished you had at the start. Don't forget Domains aren't going to go away, So don't feel in a rush to build a portfolio too early.

You sound like your putting in the work and there will be as many opportunities in six months time as today.
yep! thanks for the advice, as of now I'm realizing some of the domains I bought are silly! but still looking forward to selling it.

•••
•••
Welcome to domaining and NamePros!

•••
•••
Back