Dynadot

Okay, so I am going to go catching..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Guys,

I have never "drop catched" a domain before. Namely because I had no idea how on earth it worked. For the last few weeks I have been asking others about the process and I think I got a good handle on how it works now.

I was thinking about using ClubDrop.com by Enom, because according to many people - it's for one cheaper and there is no 'private bidding' (or something like that); unlike Pool which costs $60* per name and has this private stuff which many claimed wasted their time.

Has anyone else used Club Drop? I know it is $10* to start with plus a registration fee (am I correct that the lowest price of a drop at Club Drop would be about $18?).

Is there anything else I should know before I do this, or does anyone have any recommendations?

Please help me out in this,
Andy

* Indicates that the price listed is not final if others bid on it and the domain catch turns into an auction.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One thing to be aware of at club drop is their requirement that you become a "verified bidder" before they'll let you bid over $10 on anything. This entails having a credit card on file and faxing them a credit card authorization form. I'm assuming this is the result of people placing bids on names, then not following through with the payment. Just something to be aware of at club drop.

Also, don't forget to look at who the current registrar is, as this will determin if the name actually drops or is just auctioned off before it drops. Good luck and more importantly, have fun. :)

•••
they let you bid over $10 for unverified, but not prebid before the catch

•••
Ahhh, okay, I thought it was something new. This was the first time I tried to prebid over $10 in the hopes that they would go after the name more aggressively with a higher bid. That makes sense now. Thanks 1rrr1, learn something new everyday :)

•••
Thanks guys, on their site it says that for anything over $200 you have to be verified (I dont think I am going to go over that, as this is my first time, Ill most likely do something smaller to get used to the process).
Is there really a better chance with more money?
Are you guys aware of what registrars do best with Club Drop?

-Andy

•••
All of Netsol's expiring names are given to snapnames. All of dotsters expiring names are given to namewinner. The rest go to whoever catches them. Alot of whats left will end up going to pool, unfortunately. Club drop will get it's fair share of them as well.
Also, as far as higher bid names go, this is a quote from "Cambler" at DNF who runs club drop for enom...

Cambler said:
We have made no mystery of the fact that we devote more resources to names with more bidders or higher bids. There is a finite amount of resources, and we allocate them to higher-value names. Some other drop-catchers deny that they do this, and I'm not going to question their honesty. But we're honest about it. Does that guarantee that we'll get a particular name? Of course not. Even a manual registration somewhere has a statistical chance of getting the name, no matter how small.

•••
So with Club Drop you can bid as much as $200 without being verified by a credit card?

•••
Hey guys,

Just want to let you know that your help was REALLY appreciated by myself. I had asked on other forums and no one gave assistence, but here you all sure did!

-Andy

•••
Does ClubDrop do okay with GoDaddy.com names?
[just wondering - many thanks in advance]

•••
•••
The current registrar doesn't really matter, save for Network Solutions and Dotster, as to who will catch a name on the drop. Enom has as good a chance (some say better now) as pool or namewinner or anyone else of getting a particular name in the drop.

•••
AndyM3 said:
Does ClubDrop do okay with GoDaddy.com names?
[just wondering - many thanks in advance]

Unlike NetSol, GoDaddy releases their drops to the registry so "game on" and with eNom having more connections to the registry ClubDrop will have a better chance. Besides Chris states that it isn't just about the connections but the brains behind the connections too. Whatever they are doing it has improved their catches.

•••
Thanks guys, appreciated :)

•••
ddrassociate said:
So with Club Drop you can bid as much as $200 without being verified by a credit card?
i tried that, but for some reason i couldn't

•••
I bid 10 points on a domain that ended Dec 4 (today), I am now to the point where I cannot edit my list for Dec 4 - so I was thinking that I now won the domain; but am I right; how long until I can get this domain? It only went up to 10 points with me being the only person to bid on it. I would have thought I would have control of it now :s

•••
Meh, now its December 5th, so I cant see my December 4th list. I had the high bid for the domain (and was the only bidder - 10 points) but I dont see the domain anywhere...
Did I catch it or not? When will I know?

please help!

•••
Did you check in the Auction section at eNom, perhaps you wernt the only one after this name, select sort by "Auction Type" and if there was a tie you'll see the name listed there at the top. If you were the only bidder, the name should already be in your account.

When you look in Club drop there could be more bids at the 10 points, enom dont show you if there are or not.

Normally I get the name the same day if I'm the only one after it and win.

•••
Did you look in the auctions section? That is where you can track the names you have bid on. You should get an email if you win stating that fact with the amount you were charged for the name.

•••
Nope, not in any of the auctions on Club Drop or Enom and I havent gotten any emails (checked my spam box as well)

The domain I was trying to get was Assassinated.net.. but I dont think I got it.
Here's part of the Whois:
ICANN Registrar: VIVID DOMAINS, INC
Created: 2004-12-04
Expires: 2005-12-04

That's really retarded, so Club Drop doesnt notify you when you don't lose the domain or when it goes to another register? I guess they assume you're supposed to be psychic and already know

Last edited:
•••
Crap! Now I just got an email saying to refill my account because now it says I did get the domain, agh!
It says $100 is the minimum I can refill, err, wtf? $100? The cost of the domain catch was $18.95, I don't have the $100 it wants me to put in!

What do I do? :|

Last edited:
•••
wow that sounds really weird, are you sure it won't let you refill for less then $100? or maybe you read it wrong? Cause i meen... $100 is awfully high.....

•••
Here is what enom says:
enom said:
Note: 3% of the total amount refilled will be deducted from your balance as a "Refill Convenience Charge". (Ex. $100 will result in 97 eNom Points net deposit into your account). There is a 3% discount for checks, wires and cash orders sent directly ($100 will result in 100 eNom Points refill if cash, wire or check is sent directly, not via this web site). See instructions below for details

Checks should be mailed to:
eNom, Inc.
Dept CH 10779
Palatine, IL 60055-0779

For overnight mail, send checks to:
eNom, Inc.
5505 N. Cumberland Avenue
Suite 307
Chicago, IL 60656-1471

There are no minimum amounts for check refills.
IMPORTANT! Each check MUST have the Login ID in the memo field and what it is for (ex. account refill).

NOTE: Our bank may impose a 30-day delay on checks received in a foreign currency. Please plan on this delay as your funds will not be posted to your account until the bank releases your money to eNom.

- Domestic Wire Transfers -
To: SIL VLY BK SJ
Routing and transit #: 121140399
For Credit of: eNom, Inc.
Credit Account #: 3300381976
By order of: (your name) and (your eNom Login ID)

- International Wire Transfers -
SWIFT Code: SVBKUS6S
Pay To: FC - Silicon Valley Bank
3003 Tasman Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA
Routing and transit #: \\FW:121140399
For Credit of: eNom, Inc.
Credit Account #: FNC - 3300381976
By order of: (your name) and (your eNom Login ID)

There are no minimum amounts for wire transfer refills.
Also, send details of your wire transfer including login, amount and date initiated to: [email protected]

•••
Meh, I am so confused - and I know there is no way I am going to send a check there in 4 days. Damn, why can't they just do things s i m p l e and let me pay with the $18.95 that I do have? I ain't got a hundred friggen dollars to deposit just to make them happy.

•••
Enom reseller account have always required funding in $100 increments. Only retail accounts are pay as you go.

•••
Rather than refilling my account,

could I put in my Credit Card number and stuff in here:
u9pcc1.gif

and then would they bill the $18.95 on the CC info itself, rather than this silly increment stuff?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back