Domain Empire

.tv Oh wow! I just got TOY.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I can't believe my luck.

Someone just 'dropped' a landrush name (TOY) and I was lucky enough to get it.

Wow! They must have already had some collection of names to drop that one.

Has anyone else made a really great pick-up yesterday or today?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
congrats james in toy.tv!

Last edited:
•••
Correct; approx. High $Xx at the Wholesale / "Quick Sale" level ... perhaps much more to an relevant End user! :talk: :imho:

All the best,
Jeff B-)

May I respectfully ask.

In light of the facts given to you (ie: others here would 'in the real world' buy this name right now for at least $941):

On what you basis do you acquire your assumptions?

On what medication do you acquire your assumptions?

All the best,

Jimbo

•••
WTF? Where did you go?

Right Here TDS! Please direct all bets to my PM box. As long as you are willing to "post up", I'm willing to play. Will extend the bet to the first 25 players. Good luck to all. Peace out! :)

•••

Many, many years of active domain name experience, IMHO. :music:

Good Luck,
Jeff B-)

•••
That just goes to show the level of either nonsense or disinformation that goes on here.

Everyone can debate the price, but to say $94 for the quick flip, is just on the low side. I am not even interested in the domain and would have paid $400 easy. So to say $94 flip amount is on the low side IMO.

•••
Healthcare.Tv was bought in 2007 for $3500 per year

Haven't we just had a weeks discussion and forum "mass realization" that those premiums renewals basically had nothing to do with the value of those names? Which is why the majority lost so much money.

Even Antonis is talking about how he will be dropping (many/most?) of his premium renewal names. The logical conlclusion about healthcare.tv with a $3500 renewal is that the person paying it is a fool, rather than the name itself being worth that.

It is a bit like the guy paying $500/yr for hard.tv........most people now realise that name would be worth a couple of hundred outright (ie with a $20 renewal).

But if you agree that there will be some .tvs that could beat healthcare .net what does that say.. It says to me that .net is on a downward trajectory, while .tv is on an uphill trajectory.

Here is some .tv's bought by Elequa in 2004,

Mail.tv $35,000 9/6/2005 GreatDomains
Travel.tv $65,000 9/6/2005 GreatDomains

The above are regular reg fee names. I really doubt they would get those prices today, and that is sad to say, the market is below 2004 levels in my view, that was when things were just coming off the bust. The .com/.net/.org market is not at 2004 levels, even after a severe crash.

The .tv market has done far worse than .net in my view, and that is even ignoring all the premium pricing and money lost by domainers in that. But all that is history, you can only make bets on tomorrow.

•••
And the experience line means nothing, When I was a broker I spent a lot of time with men in the business 50 years. They did not do much business and never outperformed any benchmark. They simply had put their time in and not much else.

Wrong guy to use that for Snoop, and since I am friends with Elequa and will bet have spent more time talking not emailing, but talking long distance from Kuwait than anyone here he buys what he likes when he feels the mood to buy he will buy anything he wants. That money means nothing to him, Nothing. He owns lots of great names. He owns Media.com and look what he does with that. He is a collector who collects for himself, not money, or anyone else.

•••
The question remainZ.. " what kind of toy ? "

nice score bro..get some sleep...!@#$

Yeah, isn't Jimbo's excuse running a little thin...you know the one where he wasn't buying names with a thought of adult entertainment in the back of his mind, yet many of his domains seemed quite suited for that business.

Just been having a little look at what I actually acquired during the 'gold' and 'landrush' phases of operation 'Seismic Shift' and of the many I bought there were some howlers where I had obviously cut and pasted too much or simply not properly thought-through or realised what I was buying.

First, I bought the surname Khan for an Asian friend - whose name isn't Khan it is something else!

Then, in what I can only describe as a moment of madness, I bought Cocaine. I am possibly the most anti-drug person on the planet so that was some bizarre Freudian moment.

To top it off I bought Fist, Horn, Oral, Suck and Come with only a half realisation of their 'darker' meanings!!!

I think I must have been assuming a fight channel (fist), an alertness news channel 'bugle' (horn), exams (oral), no excuse for what I was thinking (suck), and finally a 'come onboard' channel about internet TV (come). I didn't buy them in one block, but they were among other blocks of names made during various trawls.

Hmm, Jimbo, do you have a little fetish that you aren't telling us about? :lol: j/k :great:

Btw if you do, PM me, I stumbled across a stripper.tv and she has some tats.tv on her skin.tv with a word.tv you may be familiar with, you know, the one your wife is going to call you when she learns that you bought up half the dot, you dot tv maniac.tv

:lol: j/k, but I couldn't resist!

Last edited:
•••
You've caught me out!! Perhaps it was because I shared a Pm with Hulls before I started regging!

If I told you Jeff wanted to buy one of my names would you believe me?

•••
•••
And the experience line means nothing, When I was a broker I spent a lot of time with men in the business 50 years. They did not do much business and never outperformed any benchmark. They simply had put their time in and not much else.

Wrong guy to use that for Snoop, and since I am friends with Elequa and will bet have spent more time talking not emailing, but talking long distance from Kuwait than anyone here he buys what he likes when he feels the mood to buy he will buy anything he wants. That money means nothing to him, Nothing. He owns lots of great names. He owns Media.com and look what he does with that. He is a collector who collects for himself, not money, or anyone else.

The fact is .tv hasn't seen better reported sales since 2004, even in the upcoming auction we may not see higher sales than back then. This has been a heavily depressed market, not one which has kept up with .net. The key difference is .net did have a big boom along with rest of the domain market from 2005-2007, .tv didn't and the growth was more moderate but the crash was large, near wipeout.

.net lost most of its value, but some value did remain, there has always been a healthy market, and over a longer persiod of time it has grown. All that is coming from someone who has sold almost all of his .net's. I'm no bull on the extension, but the extension is solid.

•••
I meant Snoop they were outlier sales. That if Elequa wants something he going to pay whatever for the name if they are not selling cheap. IF he wants it bad.

I agree .tv is nowhere near in .nets neighborhood. In certain niches such as Adult,Entertainment,TV industry I think it has the chance to catch up to .net quickly. I think in the brandables category James mentioned in another thread .tv could catch .net. Again IMO

Last edited:
•••
Here is some .tv's bought by Elequa in 2004,

The above are regular reg fee names. I really doubt they would get those prices today,

Snoop, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow. So you are mistaken... as usual. As I've told you before Snoop, I would NEVER follow your advice when it comes to domaining.

A few of the most powerful domainers and media giants have done the exact opposite of what Snoop & Jeff have been advising... hmmm.... I wonder who I should be learning from? LOL.

----

Also... to all the .TV investors, domainers , developers... why do so many of you waste your time feeding the "trolls". You have nothing to prove to these concern trolls.

If you ignore them, they will disappear... they are only a blip... meaningless...

but, to each his own...

•••
May I respectfully ask.

In light of the facts given to you (ie: others here would 'in the real world' buy this name right now for at least $941):

On what medication do you acquire your assumptions?

All the best,

Jimbo

Jim,

I own toy in Spanish and you will make my 2 year old twins daughters cry if you don't sell it to me:)

•••
Jim,

I own toy in Spanish and you will make my 2 year old twins daughters cry if you don't sell it to me:)

The big brains people told me their years of experience was better than your cash.

It's only worth $94 so you're in luck.

Can we do the deal by carrier pigeon - they also advised that was smarter too - it has been used for thousands of years.

Seriously - Jim. If your kids want to stop crying, tell them they can help my kids to test the new toys that will be shown on the channel.

•••

What could be a better name than travel.tv??
Am I missing something, Snoop? :blink:

•••
•••
Exceptional product domain Jimbo, good job.

•••
•••
A few of the most powerful domainers and media giants have done the exact opposite of what Snoop & Jeff have been advising... hmmm.... I wonder who I should be learning from? LOL.

Firstly I like the way you continue to put me and Jeff togeter as though we are saying the same thing, we are not.

Secondly, what what "powerful domainers" have been doing the opposite to what I have been advising?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

If you ignore them, they will disappear... they are only a blip... meaningless...

but, to each his own...

Ironic that you suggest I am a troll and tell people to ignore me, in a post where you are replying to me yourself.

•••
Jim,

Hey DiscoverNow(or later)...

As one who sold you the name for a fair price at the time, I urge you to not discount the power of the Spanish language, people and culture re juguete.tv.

Someone there gives a valuation of 94.00 for the name? The name is the same as toy. IT IS TOY!!! It's juguete.tv, and what do you think the Spanish market is, anyway? Strong or weak? Think about this one for real.

Are you thinking outside the box, it doesn't look like it! Toy is great, no mistake, but it is not better than juguete, just different in language and customers. The bucks are the same. I gave Jimbo his props because he got a great name, but if you think your name is not of the same value as the English version, I will gladly buy it back for the price you paid me for it, for real!

Bottom line, what I am trying to convey to you is that the Spanish market is HUGE! It may take longer but look out when it catches fire.

Godd*mit, DN, you got the name TOY! in a language that is WAY more extensive than the English language! Please remember that and don't be so quick to dis the Spanish speaking population. They have mucho dinero to spend on the toys for their children.

No offense, guys, just that you are not looking at the whole enchilada! Que pasa?

Last edited:
•••
Well hopefully Jimbo believes Jeff. (fingers crossed)

Because I'd offer that 94$ in a heartbeat.

•••
did someone mention stripper..::cy:

•••
Brilliant domain congrats! This sort of name is almost impossible to put a price on but trust me its worth a lot more than Jeff is stating! I know that much at least. ;)

Good luck!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back