Dynadot

.de Official .DE Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi..

just wanted to know

whats the value of .de domains..i know they are the second place after .com but what i wanna know is that

if i register a ENGLISH word lets say.... i register:

PROFESSIONAL.DE

whats the value of that...even though its not german...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, it's fascinating news, blah, blah.....

But we're missing out on a huge turnaround point here.
I've bid on some already. If this is the case, I'm definitley going to retract my bids!
What about the obscene yearly renewal fees??? Can anyone shed some light, like mentioned above?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Update:

I've just sent an email to Sedo.
Let's see what they say.

•••
This is the info I got from my registrar:

The price is the same as the price for regular .de domains.

It seems some registars are trying to take advantage.

The Denic page also does not mention anything about the outrageously high renewal prices

•••
So, where one can preorder some 3 char names?

•••
The renewal fees will stay the same, but to actually get one of these domains will be difficult and/or expensive.

One can only preorder these names through registrars which are Denic members, and each of these 280 members will be allowed to send only 4 registration requests per minute (from 1 IP address through a special interface)

Then again every registrar has a different approach on how they handle the pre-orders:

1. some joined forces with Sedo. Every domain registered through one of Sedo's partners will go to the highest bidder. If they don't get the name you pay nothing. But if you're bidding on a name at Sedo you MUST NOT try do register that domain through another registrar, else they'll fine you min. 2000€ or your highest bid.

2. other registrars charge a one time, non-refundable fee (between 1€ and 2000€) and additionally either auction off the first places in the queue or charge a flat fee (10k-20k €) - highest bidder get's the name / highest bid overall gets the pole position in the queue. Again, the bids are only payable in case of success and most registrars will donate the auction proceeds to charity.

3. then there is the rare breed of registrars (I know of 4) who just offer pre-orders "first come, first served" with no additional fees whatsoever.

cheers
John

•••
3. then there is the rare breed of registrars (I know of 4) who just offer pre-orders "first come, first served" with no additional fees whatsoever.

Would you mind disclosing these 4 registrars?

•••
•••
Registring new 1 or 2 char .de domain

Hi,

just wanted to know is it possible to register new 1 or 2 char .de domains from registrars other than DENIC members? e.g. through one.com?

•••
1. No
2. One is a Denic member

cheers
John

•••
sedo 1 or 2 char .de domain auction

I have heard that Sedo will negotiate with the owner of the domain for the price you have offered and will try to grab the domain for you. Do we have to do that in any case or will they first ask that shall we negotiate with owner or not?

I am asking because i have heard we have to pay 60 Euros for that.....

•••
Millionaires collecting cards IMO.

Swaps anyone ?

•••
How many are you going for JohnPK?

•••
Do 1 or 2 char .de domains worth to be sold in thousands?

•••
convival,
they are as much worth as a buyer is willing to pay for it..

•••
I was not expecting a philosophical answer

•••
I was not expecting a philosophical answer

left or right
up or down
black or white
right or wrong
yes or no

if only everything was simple !

Last edited:
•••
•••
an hour to go until the sedo auctions close

com.de has the highest bid of 81,000 euros

•••
pc.de has taken the lead now at 100,999 euros, with tv.de close behind at 100,000 euros.

This is sick.

•••
****! sedo.com doesn't respond, I chose several names to bid on and in the last 10 minutes site has been overloaded and I couldn't make bids :(

•••
It's back now, and they've extended many auctions..

•••
Sedo .de Pre-Auction problems

Anyone was able to bid on the last 4 minutes of the auction? I think there was so many people that the servers couldn't handle it.
Now they are up and were extended by 25 or 30 minutes.

Even now, 32 minutes after the initial closing hour, I see an auction that was reaching 1 minute left suddenly changing for 30 minutes. Well, I'm out, I decided not to bid half an hour ago...

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's running fine for me, but the auctions are repeatedly being extended!

Some have jumped from 9 minutes remaining to 35 minutes remaining, without any new bids.

•••
Lots have been extended thank God. Got highest bids on 2 LL.de so far (each at about 2,000 E)

EDIT: Now I can't even load the homepage let alone bid. Think I might call it a night. Got up 2hrs ago at 1:50am to place bids and have only managed to place three in total! Good luck to the rest of you!

Last edited:
•••
It's running fine for me, but the auctions are repeatedly being extended!

Some have jumped from 9 minutes remaining to 35 minutes remaining, without any new bids.

Same happening here, really annoying!D-:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back