IT.COM

.de Official .DE Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi..

just wanted to know

whats the value of .de domains..i know they are the second place after .com but what i wanna know is that

if i register a ENGLISH word lets say.... i register:

PROFESSIONAL.DE

whats the value of that...even though its not german...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Weird, I got mail saying that nameservers have been set successfully (though, no namerserver name were specified).

•••
I submitted again
You have recently submitted a domain change request for your account. A
confirmation of the changes appears below.

=======================================================
Request ID: 29815758
Request Date: 2006-02-19 02:06:04
Domain Name: chakk.de
Change Type: DNS_CHANGE
Response: Record Successfully Processed
=======================================================

Number of changes processed in this request: (1)

•••
According to Denic your nameservers are set to : ns1.itauro.com / ns2.itauro.com ...
So, maybe a problem with your hosting account?

•••
As far as I know the DNS you set must be LOCATED in Germany to make it work.

•••
WEird,,

I use Godaddy and the nameservers change just as easily as .coms...

•••
Yep, they change, but they don't resolve ;)

•••
.de needs 3 nameservers first 2 can be in same block last one must be different ie:

216.xxx.xxx.xxx
216.xxx.xxx.xxx
69.xxx.xxx.xxx

•••
If I remember it right at the top of my head, .de domain names require DNS on
different class C nameserver networks and have a working MX record. So if we
have 1.2.3.4 as IP:

1 - block
2 - class A
3 - class B
4 - class C

Check also with your IP provider if they've got such in place.

•••
What is the market for .DE?

Hi,
I am not very sure about the market for .de. Could you please give your advice? what kind of business should be "hot" for .de domain? (I ask this since my register has just drop the registration fee from $29.95 to be $14.49 for .de)
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
.de is a very good extension, I think it is the second or third extension in number of registered domains. You should search for german words ( a pretty hard job since most of them are already registered).

•••
Any german premium keywords are "hot" for .de. But as mojojo has already said, most are already gone. Also premium english domains and brandable english domains based on prexisting words or websites can work well with this extension.

[eg pagerank.de imagesearch.de]

•••
It is great to have your comments about this topic. Perhap I will buy some names.
Thanks a lots

•••
German domains

Hi.

As a German myself I have to say that the German domain market, because of no backorder system etc, is really different to the other extension markets.

I usually avoid .de extensions as they are mostly taken and only websites like desnap.de provide a fair overview of what is available.

But i may be wrong all other opinions welcome.

Best,

-fp-

•••
I have monchengladbach.de (a german city / soccer team) which gets about 8 typeins a day.
equityloans.de
homeequityloans.de
pregnancytests.de
usedtextbooks.de
germansoccer.de
germanstocks.de
germancommerce.de

So i have faith in the <english>.de

•••
.DE sales PUZZLE me ...

The <English Word>.DE market puzzles me.

Video-World.de €8,120 = $9,781
DVDRecorder.de €7,700 = $9,262
Restless-Legs.de €7,500 = $9,104
RealTone.de €5,000 = $6,065
Postpoint.de €4,800 = $5,735
Links.de €4,500 = $5,413

How does "Video-World and Restless-Legs" go above "links.de"

How are these names going so high when
GermanSoccer.de
GermanStocks.de
GermanCommerce.de
EquityLoans.de
HomeEquityLoans.de
UsedTextbooks.de
PregnancyTests.de
^^^ all mine ^^^

Get no interest??? The domain world puzzles me once again :P

•••
No seriously. I would have thought restless-legs.de would be reg fee or lower. not 9k
I daresay restless-legs < germansoccer or equityloans

•••
GREAT domains Peaches/Peter! I can well understand your frustration/confusion.

I've been wondering that same question in general about a lot of domain names I've seen sold. Guess when it comes to buyers, the old saying holds true, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

(On a side note, there are a couple of ".de" domains I'd like to pick up but it appears that one needs to have an Administrative contact address in Germany to be able to reg one... Any suggetions on this? Or am I misunderstanding the reg requirements?)

•••
I wonder if these domains actually translated into German are worth more or less?

•••
TestCase said:
GREAT domains Peaches/Peter! I can well understand your frustration/confusion.

I've been wondering that same question in general about a lot of domain names I've seen sold. Guess when it comes to buyers, the old saying holds true, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

(On a side note, there are a couple of ".de" domains I'd like to pick up but it appears that one needs to have an Administrative contact address in Germany to be able to reg one... Any suggetions on this? Or am I misunderstanding the reg requirements?)

No, you don't need to have any administrative contacts in germany.

•••
Just tried to reg a .de domain w/ NameCheap and got the following as part of check out:

Confirmation of Address
I confirm the Admin contact is in Germany. *
* Required for .de TLDs

(Sorry, am not trying to hijack this thread.)

•••
TestCase said:
Just tried to reg a .de domain w/ NameCheap and got the following as part of check out:

Confirmation of Address
I confirm the Admin contact is in Germany. *
* Required for .de TLDs

(Sorry, am not trying to hijack this thread.)

Yea, no problem. We reg our .de in Godaddy, they automatically do the admin contact for you :).

Btw, referring to post above, [germanwords].de > [englishwords].de

•••
Interesting Market

Some things I have observed about .de domain names.

Sedo.de lists many English language .de domains with many bids on them.
Words like wrestling, office, key etc receive lots of interest there and I am sure we will be seeing many more .de sales in the future.

I think most sales are German to German though because................

Anyone can register a .de domain through a proxy provided by a registrar BUT selling them is a whole different ballgame. The proxy is the administrator of the domain and DENIC sends them the paperwork and will only allow them to change the registration ownership. Thus far, Network Solutions and GoDaddy are not interested in facilitating ownership changes of .de domains.

Before you buy too many .de be advised that they don't do well in parking. I own some very good ones that have earned a grand total of 0.00 at sedo parking. One of the domains has keywords that get 1,000,000 searches a month from Yahoo and Google combined and gets 0 hits or revenue. Perhaps a website would be better.

Also, I believe that you cannot just let a domain expire at DENIC. You must physically inform them 60 days ahead of time that you will not be renewing the domain or they bill you for the registration.

If I am mistaken in any of this information, someone will correct it and I apologize but I thought you may want to know ahead of time.

•••
peaches017 said:
The <English Word>.DE market puzzles me.
GermanSoccer.de

This one is a bit explainable. :) Soccer is the American Term; Football for the rest of the world, so a xxxxxxsoccer.de is a bit of stretch...but you have some other nice ones...

•••
i think with domain names is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder ?

•••
I wonder who took Restless-legs ...
Cause I can sell him mine offline...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back