Dynadot

.de Official .DE Showcase and Discussion

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi..

just wanted to know

whats the value of .de domains..i know they are the second place after .com but what i wanna know is that

if i register a ENGLISH word lets say.... i register:

PROFESSIONAL.DE

whats the value of that...even though its not german...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My best guess would be they searched for a german proxy on google and used it?

•••
•••
•••
Some registrars provide this service for you.

•••
crazy said:
if you need some proxies check out this site, http://www.samair.ru/proxy/proxy-03.htm it has a great list of proxy and elite proxies from all over the world, using one myself. :D

Not that kind of proxy, crazy. Or were you just joking around?

Anyway, db, you should have several options. I know eurodns.com offers them, althoguh I hear they are on the expensive side.

•••
Hehe... yeah, I think some people misunderstood my question. Thanks for trying anyway guys. :)

Armstrong, thank you sir! I'm going to check out eurodns.com :tu:

•••
use

-db- said:
Hehe... yeah, I think some people misunderstood my question. Thanks for trying anyway guys. :)

Armstrong, thank you sir! I'm going to check out eurodns.com :tu:
I actually have one regged through netsol ... if you go to http://www.denic.de/en/index.html
The administrative contact (admin-c) is the natural person appointed by the domain holder to act as his/her authorized representative and who also has the duty towards DENIC of taking binding decisions in all matters concerning the domain xxxxxx.de
jim

Last edited:
•••
ahh, now I know what proxy service....My mistake lol.

•••
I can always reg one for you... as I have family in Germany and friends ..... ;)

•••
.de through NSI Proxy Admin.contact ??

Does anyone have the administrative contact info NetSol, set by default when Regging a .de as a non german resident?? Please PM or post domain name..I changed mine and now I have to reset it

jim

•••
Any experience with .de domains

I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on registering .de (German) domains? I have registered 3 so far and they all have outstanding numbers but I was wondering about parking or selling them in the future.

I regged "meinkreditkarte" .de and .com which means "my credit card" translated into english. The numbers for the term "kreditkarte" are pretty good. Over 6 million hits on google and overture shows 725 searches in the US and 240,000 in Germany. Has anyone else tried .de domains and had any luck? Should I develop, park, sell or bang myself on the head for another brilliant idea gone wrong?

As a non resident must have a German proxy administrator, I also wonder how easy or difficult domain transfer might be.

Thanks for any info.

sags

•••
never registered a .de before, where do I go

Im american, can I reg?

•••
godaddy.com 15$ .But remember to have a vaild nameserver or it will fail.

•••
thank you, now where's the best to place them for sale. I think Sedo, but I want to be sure. Plus I wonder what key words to use. German or English? Domains i have are german.

•••
i think sedo is a good one

•••
well i'll go with english keywords because english is worldwide language :)

and yes Sedo is the best place to sell them

•••
Hey RonnieW I acctually buy german domains aswell, and I dont speak or read german. But what I do is put them for sale at sedo, park them at namedrive for optimization (so i can see what people are searching for) in german or english then I use babble fish(translator) to check what the word means, then pick the best one. Some of my domains get traffic from north america but usually they are searching in german so I stick with german keywords.

For godaddy.
Dont know if you need this or not but if you change name servers these are the ones you need to change them back to if you want to just forward your .de domain. Other wise it will fail.

PARKCT1.SECURESERVER.NET
PARKCT2.SECURESERVER.NET

Imperyal

•••
thanks alot Imperyal,

That reply answered pretty much everything I wanted to know. I will add rep!

•••
•••
•••
Anyone with .de German domain faced this problem?

I bought a domain recently "Chakk.de" , on registerfly . Now I had trouble setting the nameserver for this domain as it sent me some error messages, finally it successfully set the nameserver .

But it is still not opening anywere . :td:

Any help ?

•••
Nameservers for .de domains must conform to special requirements. I have a .de domain at registerfly and it looks like registerfly's nameservers do not support .de domains. As a temporary solution you can always set Sedo's nameservers for your domain.

•••
How do I know which servers support it ? and anyway I can use it on my hosting account on current server ?

•••
What i would do is find out your servers IP addresses and then set up DNS

ns1.chakk.de
ns2.chakk.de

and then set chakk.de nameservers to the DNS you just created. I have never used registerfly before, so i am unsure. Good luck with your site.

Robert.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back