Dynadot

.de Official .DE Registration Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Heya,

Where's the best place to register .de & .ca in terms of price?

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
JoshHendo said:
With .us you have to live in the US to get it. So i would expect that applies for all countries.

Not quite true.

1. You can live in the US, but don't have to...
2. You can live elsewhere and be a US Citizen.
3. You can own the domain through a US based entity such as a corporation, partnership, LLC, or other form of legal tax entity.

For a true ccTLD, .us is really rather liberal compared to many other countries.

•••
AmD950 said:
I would like to know did any one try to register these domains if you are not an European?

If you are succeed on registering these domain, did you got contacted by the registry requesting you to submit the proof of living in the Europe?

Thanks a lot.

.de will suspend your name if someone complains / tel number doesnt work or address is fake. they can also track other domains you own, and notice patterns of abusive registrations.

.it u need to be italian or an eu citizen. manual process signing documents etc. not fully automatic

•••
.DE purchases

Has any of you ever registered a .DE name???

Does it always take about 1 week?

I registered mine through GoDaddy and after my complaints they have told me the process usually takes that time to be finished. Credit card is, of course, charged inmediately...

Just wanted to check if this is normal.

•••
that's correct. i have Pendants.DE, it took 5 business days to complete get me a confirmation.

•••
I thought it was a little bit faster than that but I don't think it's unusual.
Make sure you have valid DNS servers responding to your chosen .de name as
DENIC will check. If the check fails the name might even be cancelled.
Same goes for .nl I believe.

•••
sdsinc said:
Make sure you have valid DNS servers responding to your chosen .de name as DENIC will check. If the check fails the name might even be cancelled.
Thanks, I checked it and my .DE domain redirects to a "coming soon" GoDaddy page.

It is good to know the process is on its way, thanks again for the info.

•••
God! That takes a lot time. Just to get the domain name conformed....

•••
.de registration help

I have found 1 expired .de domain with more than 1000 backlinks and a Google PR 5. I do not live in Germany nor do I know anyone in Germany. is there anyone who knows a way around this? At one time GD used to have a default address for .de registrations, but not sure any longer. If I cannot figure a way around the requirements I would be happy to tell one of our German Members the name so that it will not be wasted traffic.

Thanks in advance.

•••
•••
websiteguru said:
I have found 1 expired .de domain with more than 1000 backlinks and a Google PR 5. I do not live in Germany nor do I know anyone in Germany. is there anyone who knows a way around this? At one time GD used to have a default address for .de registrations, but not sure any longer. If I cannot figure a way around the requirements I would be happy to tell one of our German Members the name so that it will not be wasted traffic.

Thanks in advance.

Well lets not wate the traffic :p

LOL you can pm me : )

•••
Or just go to www.NSI.com ... sheesh ;)
JUust don't change their default contact whois info, and you'll be fine. They are playing the "contact" you need in .de for it to be legit.

•••
Thanks folks. I appreciate the tips. Ok, I just created a NetSol account and submitted payment for the .de domain. However, I did not see anywhere during the order process where the admin contact is defaulted by NetSol. When I login to the new account, I see that NO admin contact is listed and the name has yet to appear in my account. I can only assume that this will take a couple days for approval and that NetSol will default the admin contact info for me?

Thanks

•••
Usually 1 day, but it is the weekend.
Just don't change any of the whois settings, and you'll be dandy.
After it shows up in your account, do let us know what it was.

•••
OvenMitt said:
Usually 1 day, but it is the weekend.
Just don't change any of the whois settings, and you'll be dandy.
After it shows up in your account, do let us know what it was.

Thanks, will followup with the domain after all is completed.

•••
websiteguru said:
Thanks, will followup with the domain after all is completed.

Not a problem. My goal is to figure out what the domain was before you tell us ;) (Not to register it, but just to see how my searching skills are doing)

•••
Ok folks, the name I registered was junker-holzbau.de. Seems to have a PR5 and some backlinks. Now I am trying to set a keyword at Sedo for optimization, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what the old company/website's specialty was (if there was one).

Any assistance in determining a good keyword would be of help and I will reward whomever's suggestion I use with a couple of unregistered .de's with minimum PR3 and some backlinks.

Now, I have no idea if junker-holzbau.de will get any traffic or not, but I couldn't pass up the chance. Heck, I don't even know what the name means in the German language!

Thanks in advance.

•••
websiteguru said:
Heck, I don't even know what the name means in the German language!
Junker-Holzbau = Junker - Wood building => Name of a small company

•••
websiteguru said:
Ok folks, the name I registered was junker-holzbau.de. Seems to have a PR5 and some backlinks. Now I am trying to set a keyword at Sedo for optimization, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what the old company/website's specialty was (if there was one).

Any assistance in determining a good keyword would be of help and I will reward whomever's suggestion I use with a couple of unregistered .de's with minimum PR3 and some backlinks.

Now, I have no idea if junker-holzbau.de will get any traffic or not, but I couldn't pass up the chance. Heck, I don't even know what the name means in the German language!

Thanks in advance.

Maby there is any info here: http://www.waybackmachine.org/

•••
sjp said:
Junker-Holzbau = Junker - Wood building => Name of a small company

Any idea what the company sold or specialized in? Maybe they sold small wood buildings? :hehe:

•••
Dream Homes - "according to Babel" !!!

•••
Registering .de

How do I go about Registering .de Domain as a foreigner? I'm sure I heard there was a way to do this? And How Much $$$

Thanks

•••
Conditions for .de
Admin contact must be in local contact (in Germany). Many registrars can provide you with an admin contact if you don't have one.
You must have 2 DNS responding to your chosen .de names. The servers must be in 2 different C classes.
Warning: the registry will test the DNS, if you do not have the DNS configured your names could be cancelled.

•••
Do i have to be german to register .de domains?

I am from the Netherlands so if this is the case would i be able to register .DE domains?

Or do i need to be a German resident to register german domains?

I know i can not register .US but is this the same for .DE?

*edit* i just checked godaddy and found out i need to have an address in germany but there is hope :)

This was at the bottom of a page:

(GoDaddy.com can help with proxy admin contact for .de domains.)
Anyone any experience with this?
How does this work?

Last edited:
•••
I think peaches has used GoDaddy as proxy admin contact. Probably he can help you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back