IT.COM

.de Official .DE Registration Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Heya,

Where's the best place to register .de & .ca in terms of price?

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Damion said:
(GoDaddy.com can help with proxy admin contact for .de domains.)
Anyone any experience with this?
How does this work?
GD does not offer this for .DE or .EU names.

•••
GD did provided this information

Godaddy said:
(GoDaddy.com can help with proxy admin contact for .de domains.)

So they do provide proxy admin for .DE domains.
But no worries i already secured them.

•••
Damion said:
GD did provided this information

So they do provide proxy admin for .DE domains.
But no worries i already secured them.
I called and talked with a "supervisor" and was told it could not be used.... Guess you found a loophole somehow. :|

•••
cheapest .de registrar

anyone know where the cheapest place to reg .de is, think the cheapest i have found is $8.99

•••
hi, can i know which registrar for de 8.99? i'm looking for the cheapest de also?

irishmat said:
anyone know where the cheapest place to reg .de is, think the cheapest i have found is $8.99

•••
regfly i think if my memory serves me, customer service there isnt great tho so i would rather reg elsewhere

•••
currently i reg them at gd at 14.99 if using the discount coupon,the cheapest can go also only 11.99. If regfly i think i will go for it. Thanks for ur infos.

irishmat said:
regfly i think if my memory serves me, customer service there isnt great tho so i would rather reg elsewhere

•••
united-domains.de offers 1 euro for .de domain (1/10 - 31/10)

(don't know if this has been posted before)

I just saw united-domains.de offers 1 euro for .de domain, from 1st - 31st Oct.

I know nothing about German, so as I guessed from their ToS, maxmum 10 .de can be reged by one person? Hope someone who known German can give us better introduction.

Anyway, 1 EURO/.de, what a bargin, I am on my way, good luck your guys! :)

info UPDATED, thx McDOT. (#4)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Well, I would have posted this Info, if I had thought it was interesting within this community. I really dind't think you guys were Interested in German domains.

The offer is fairly easy, UD also takes care of the necesary German ownership. I'm not sure though, how they handle payment methods from abroad.

Just one more thing you should know:
You have no kind of controll over the Domain handles, there is no "Push" like you are used to here, and UD charges a fee (I think it is 10 €) for a change of ownership. This fee does not apply, if you transfer the domain away and then change the handles.

Transfer is only possible, filling out a Fax form and waiting 2 or three days (Max. 5)

PS
This fee system (for Handle change) has also caused a lot of people in Germany be very angry with UD.

•••
My German is weak, but I struggled through registration...only to run into the Fax requirements. Not an ideal situation.

•••
.de - Cheapest place to register from a reputable company?

Where's the cheapest place to register .de names from a reputable company?

•••
You can buy from Godaddy, Moniker, Eurodns....

•••
europeregistry.com ......... will act as an agent , they charge $9. euros at the moment ........ i regged my hack there.... channelgui.de there

•••
Thanks for that. I will have at those companies that you mentioned. I was originally thinking of Moniker or Godaddy anyway, but wanted to see if there were any other deals out there

•••
There are restrictions on .de , but europeregistry can act as an agent for you , i dont think the others can ????? godday etc ???

•••
evirtual1 said:
There are restrictions on .de , but europeregistry can act as an agent for you , i dont think the others can ????? godday etc ???

I believe Godaddy will act as agent as well as I've bought .de names there

•••
I think the reference is to "selling" the domain name. Lots of registrars will register the domain under an admin proxy, usually the same person in Germany, but few support any "transfers" of ownership. You normally can't even find the email address for the admin proxy to advise them of any changes.

Something to consider unless you plan to keep the domain.

Regards,

Sags

•••
sags said:
I think the reference is to "selling" the domain name. Lots of registrars will register the domain under an admin proxy, usually the same person in Germany, but few support any "transfers" of ownership. You normally can't even find the email address for the admin proxy to advise them of any changes.

Something to consider unless you plan to keep the domain.

Regards,

Sags

So, does anyone know if there will be any problems selling .de names if you have them with Godaddy or Moniker?

•••
htmlindex said:
So, does anyone know if there will be any problems selling .de names if you have them with Godaddy or Moniker?

no problems with godaddy.

if you need help, perhaps i can help:

www.domainport.info

PM me

•••
Need a german admin-c for my .de domain

Hello,

I successfully acquired my first .de domain and I need a german admin-c to complete denic.de guidelines.

I suppose someone can do it for me.. :)
Thanks!

•••
:imho: you should be very careful who you list as the administrative contact for your domain.

From, http://www.denic.de/en/richtlinien.html

The Administrative Contact (admin-c) is the natural person appointed by the Domain Holder to act as his/her authorized representative and who also has the authority and duty to take binding decisions in all matters concerning the domain and who is thus the contact for DENIC. Only one admin-c may be appointed for each domain. The following data must be communicated for the admin-c: name, address, telephone number, telefax number and e-mail address. If the Domain Holder is not domiciled or habitually resident in Germany, the admin-c will also be the person authorized to receive service of official and court documents for the purposes of §§ 174 f of the German Code of Civil Procedure (Zivilprozessordnung); in this case, the admin-c must be domiciled in Germany and his/her full postal address must be communicated.

•••
I know there is someone really good in NamePros who can do it. :)
Thanks, but can anyone do it for me?

Wanted asap.

This is weird. When I make whois from Denic.de it shows a DE admin-c but anywhere else it show my admin-c... Come on .De I do not know anything about this extension..other than I might take a chance to appraise it.

•••
Some registrars will provide you with the admin-c if you don't have one. Did you check with your registrar ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back