Domain Empire

Official 2,000th Member Contest Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Official 2000th Member Contest Thread

Hi, Everybody Namepros is growing very rapidly and already we are nearing the 2000th member mark. In celebration of this big event Coolhost and RJ have handed the reins to the traditional money pot for the person who correctly quess's the date that the 2000th member joins. I have listed all the rules below. Also please donate to help make this a large pot for the winner, but donations arent required:)

-NO BIDS accepted after the 1,800 Member has Joined.

-Only one person per day.

-You can change you date up until the 1,800th member.

-All Donations should be marked as DONATION in header so I can track them, I will list them as I recieve them. (PS: send them to my account)

-Moderators and Myself are allowed to enter, but in post form so that our Timestamps are official.

-The person with the correct day gets the entire pot, if no one selects that day then the person(s) closest to that day will get the pot.

CURRENT DONATIONS:
(50 NP) - Darkfire001
(170 NP) - SY4
(25 NP) - Darksk8er
(100 NP) - Slashroot
(385 NP) - Coolhost
(50 NP) - Cindy
(20 NP) - Coastalguy
(200 NP) - RJ
(100 NP) - Webtwink
(11 NP) - Mike J.

TOTAL OF: 1111 NP

CURRENT ESTIMATES:
September 9th - Cindy
September 11th - SY4
September 15th - Darksk8er
September 16th - Dotleader
September 18th - Dr. Pepper
September 19th - Coastalguy
September 20th - RJ
September 22nd - hillj00
September 23rd - Slashroot
September 24th - Darkfire001
September 25th - Gromy
September 26th - Mike J.
September 27th - Webtwink
September 28th - Coolhost
September 29th - Pixel-Gfx

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ummm... am I missing something? According to the "official" list of entries, SlashRoot.Com has the 23rd and Darkfire001 has the 24th. It is not even the 24th yet now! As far as I know, hilljd00 had the 22nd but was disqualified for cheating. My point is that the 24th can't be the winner, but this is JMHO.

•••
“ Originally posted by Darkfire001
TOTAL OF: 1111 NP$'s

CURRENT ESTIMATES:
September 20th - RJ
September 22nd - hillj00
September 25th - Gromy
September 26th - Mike J.

Light's point is a valid one. I would think Slashroot is our winner (even if we were in the Korean time zone!).

Confused,
ST

•••
Originally posted by Darkfire001
Hmm, I didnt consider two different time options originally but most issues would go for Forum Time, but is server time shown any where?

I think the fairest solution would be me (23rd) and the 22nd to split it since the times fall about even at Midnight, if not then second best option would be too hold a Poll for 48-Hours for people to decide?

Ill wait till Slashroot responds, if he doesnt want to split it then we can have a vote by either moderators or Namepros members wheter to use Servertime or Forumtime since I shouldnt have the final say so since I am the one who arranged the contest.

Errr ... Darkfire, I show you as the 24th (tom'w)?!? :o
Thanks.

Originally posted by Coastalguy
“ Originally posted by Darkfire001
TOTAL OF: 1111 NP$'s

CURRENT ESTIMATES:
September 20th - RJ
September 22nd - hillj00
September 25th - Gromy
September 26th - Mike J.

Light's point is a valid one. I would think Slashroot is our winner (even if we were in the Korean time zone!).

Confused,
ST

Agree.
Thanks, Coastalguy ... I think I need new glasses now! LOL. :gl:

•••
If CoolHost and Darkfire concur, it would appear that Slashroot is the winner of this contest here.

The forum time is GMT, which everything is relative to. It displays GMT on the home page and at the bottom of all posts if you have not adjusted your settings.

So, assuming CH and DF agree, congratulations to SlashRoot!

•••
Oops lol, well since hillj00 was DQ'd for cheating then slashroot is the winner. Ill send the pot tommorow since I have to check my PM's since I think I might have found a couple donations not marked down so the total might be slightly higher :)

•••
Originally posted by Darkfire001
Oops lol, well since hillj00 was DQ'd for cheating then slashroot is the winner. Ill send the pot tommorow since I have to check my PM's since I think I might have found a couple donations not marked down so the total might be slightly higher :)

Thanks, Darkfire.
I *concur* and appreciate the fine job you've done here ... not always easy (remember how badly I hacked up that 1,000 (I think it was) member contest? Everything works out in the end, however.
Hearty congratulations to another GREAT NP'r, SlashRoot.com! :)

:lala:

•••
Couldn't have happened to a nicer fella.

Congrats SlashRoot.com!

ST

•••
Congrats Shri! :tu:

:kickass:

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Thanks, Darkfire.
I *concur* and appreciate the fine job you've done here ...

I agree. Remember there are no mistakes, only lessons learned! :)

Hearty congratulations to another GREAT NP'r, SlashRoot.com! :)

:lala:

If I am not mistaken, that would be me. Thanks for the Grammy! :)

I know you are all so eager to hear an emotional speech, and I have it somewhere here but I can't find it. Darn!

Alright, alright, I hear you! No speech!

Lemme come back to y'all with some exciting announcement tomorrow morning! I promise you gonna like it. :)

•••
Lookin' forward to it!

ST

•••
Congrats on the win, SlashRoot.Com! And I'm curious about your announcement for the morning, but I guess we'll see then.

•••
Thank you Cindy.

Due to some technical, logistical scheduling, and if-i-were-to-tell-ya-i-would-have-to-reboot-ya kinda difficulties, the press conference has been rescheduled.

Details at 6PM CST.

Hint, hint: Awaiting a feedback from Darkfire001 and a few others on related matters. :)

•••
•••
Is it...FREE BEERS FOR EVERYONE?

ST

•••
Free beers, nah!

Moonshine, may be -if you are certifiably 21+. If not, Dr. Pepper is a strong possiblility.

Still working on details.

Shhhhh... Hang in tight...

•••
I'm gunna faint from a Dr. Pepper overdose! :o
You're killing me, Slash.

:tri:

•••
Originally posted by FruitFish
Shame on you! lol...nice try though!

Would of won if I didn't.
Never take advice from brother, best mates.

•••
hilljd00,

If I understood chain of events correctly, you were DQ'd, but I don't think it had any impact on the time of 2000th member sign up.

read on for details...

Originally posted by -RJ-
hawkmon is the official 2000th member!

Was registered at
2003-09-22 10:50 PM PST (server time)
2003-09-22 11:50 PM GMT
2003-09-23 12:50 AM CST
2003-09-23 1:50AM EST
2003-09-23 6:50AM GMT (forum time)

For clarification, the registered account enomaccount.com was a new account created for the return of dotleader, and these two account have been combined into his original account. He is user #52.

Hawkmon is #2000. Time zone is being discussed now, since this was not specified originally. :D

so Hawkmon was #2000.

Originally posted by -RJ-
If CoolHost and Darkfire concur, it would appear that Slashroot is the winner of this contest here.

The forum time is GMT, which everything is relative to. It displays GMT on the home page and at the bottom of all posts if you have not adjusted your settings.

So, assuming CH and DF agree, congratulations to SlashRoot!

The above places time of 2000th member sign up at: 2003-09-23 6:50AM GMT (forum time)

Originally posted by hilljd00
Would of won if I didn't.

Therefore, IMHO, you should not feel that you were stripped off of any prize here, FWIW.

Never take advice from brother, best mates.

Bingo!

In my books, there are no mistakes, only lessons learned.

We (yours truly included) all make bad choices from time to time,
what really matters is that we gather ourselves once again,
check off a few things, recalibrate our compass, and continue to climb up.

I salute you for doing so...

BTW, this is truly a well-intended post, please do not read anything else into it.

best wishes,

SlashRoot

Last edited:
•••
Right, in the absence of a specified time zone the decision on the time zones was to default to GMT, as the forum does, so winning date is 9/23.

•••
•••
Thanks.

Wow...I've hosted my first press conference!

ST

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back